Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Milviz Livestream Today - Did anyone watch?

Milviz had a State of the Sim livestream on twitch today.  I didn’t have a chance to watch it (golf season is going strong here!) but I’m curious if anyone else watched it, were there any good tidbits or updates etc?

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Milviz had a State of the Sim livestream on twitch today.  I didn’t have a chance to watch it (golf season is going strong here!) but I’m curious if anyone else watched it, were there any good tidbits or updates etc?

They they posted some wip shots of the ATR.  Looks phenomenal.

52284046804_3db2af7d78_k.jpgBlackbird_ATR_Preview_4 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52284260335_4ec9a304ff_k.jpgBlackbird_ATR_Preview_3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52282797597_f01f56f170_k.jpgBlackbird_ATR_Preview_2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52282797742_c2022d01c2_k.jpgBlackbird_ATR_Preview_1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 13

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

36 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Video link?

Here’s their twitch channel: https://m.twitch.tv/milvizofficial

Thanks Ryan those ATR shots do look amazing!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Is the ATR to be released as a SU to MSFS (same as the Airbus 310) or is it a separate add-on?

3 hours ago, bigifooti said:

Is the ATR to be released as a SU to MSFS (same as the Airbus 310) or is it a separate add-on?

At the moment the ATR is a stand alone Milviz product and will be released by Milviz themselves.

However, Milviz are a commercial company and it seems evident that if you have a big enough bag of cash they’ll be willing to sell it to a third party.

To be sure, that would have to be a very big bag of cash to cover the man hours involved in the development of these products.

As we have seen, Microsoft came in and swept up the Beaver they’ve been developing for their 40th. anniversary promotion in November.

During the stream Colin mentioned the Sky Raider - which seems to have been finished for a while now - has been sold to a third party and is waiting for release.

As encouraged during the stream; I checked out their website to see the products they make which we can’t have. My goodness, the B52 is something else!!

I was already excited for the ATR.  Still would rather have the Q400.  But man these shots look amazing.  I had no idea how radical the differences were between the 600 and 500.  I wonder if it's possible the ATR will be released this year?  

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

It's looking great, i am looking forward to this.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I’ve put together a 7-min recap of all the news that came out from yesterday’s stream.

• Like 4

Check out my YouTube channel for MSFS news, preview, reviews, showcases and community events! I stream Mon & Wed nights at 7PM ET / 11PM GMT and most Fridays at 11AM ET / 3PM GMT. Come join the chat or fly with me in one of the weekly community flights which alternates between military and general aviation.

Porter fusalage model no improvements, as far as I can see. Even the Asobo/MSFS model is far superior. Never ever again am I going to support any developer with an early release. Indeed good move to change names.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

38 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Porter fusalage model no improvements, as far as I can see. Even the Asobo/MSFS model is far superior. Never ever again am I going to support any developer with an early release. Indeed good move to change names.

My guess is that the milviz will be the more realistic plane, and the aerosoft one will be more the entry level.  I haven't compared the exterior model yet.  But I think it's a certainty that the milviz one will be much more in depth in terms of the virtual cockpit experience.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I wonder if the Miliz ATR will have an EFB?

The ATR looks great but after getting burned by the 350i which i never got to fly enough because of the huge development delays, i'll hold my horses until it proves worthy (and finished).

If they could squeeze in the 737-200 too... ❤️

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11