Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

18 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

That's logical because coautl64.exe will always crash when MSFS crashes. That doesn't make it the cause. Don't get me wrong - it could be the cause, but it's not being show or not shown by the eventlog. Do you see MSFS also crashing in the eventlog?

You gotta admit. The ctd reports have gone up exponentially since release of gsx. And only being reported by people who have installed gsx. Most with zero other changes.  Just saying. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, micstatic said:

You gotta admit. The ctd reports have gone up exponentially since release of gsx. And only being reported by people who have installed gsx. Most with zero other changes.  Just saying. 

As I said - I'm not saying it's not the cause. It's just not helpful when people look into the eventlog and don't understand what they are seeing.

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

That's logical because coautl64.exe will always crash when MSFS crashes. That doesn't make it the cause. Don't get me wrong - it could be the cause, but it's not being show or not shown by the eventlog. Do you see MSFS also crashing in the eventlog?

I had a rocksolid MSFS installation, since SU5 no CTD's, no matter if I fly the FBW, Fenix or a Cessna and suddenly after installing GSX the simulator isn't usable because of CTD's with a faulting module couatl64.exe?

I have deleted the scenery indexes, I have deleted content.xml but nothing solved the problem, only deleting GSX Pro has brought the expected result.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

3 minutes ago, Severne said:

I had a rocksolid MSFS installation, since SU5 no CTD's, no matter if I fly the FBW, Fenix or a Cessna and suddenly after installing GSX the simulator isn't usable because of CTD's with a faulting module couatl64.exe?

I have deleted the scenery indexes, I have deleted content.xml but nothing solved the problem, only deleting GSX Pro has brought the expected result.

You did not understand a single thing what I said. Please re-read.

EDIT: To make it less aggressive - GSX is likely the cause, but the eventlog will always say coautl64 crashed even when GSX has nothing to do with it, because when MSFS crashes = coautl64.exe crashes, no matter what caused it. Therefore the eventlog is of no help, no matter if it was GSX or not.

Edited by Fiorentoni

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

Basic troubleshooting which I taught to thousands of adults for almost 30 years, undo the last thing you changed, and if your problem goes away, that was the cause.....Not rocket science.

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

Ten days of beta testing...

With no CTDs.

Which makes think it's GSX combined with something else that us causing the CTD, not GSX on its own.

Because I'm one of those people with no CTDs with GSX, not everyone has the issue.

Edited by Tuskin38

Just now, Chapstick said:

Ten days of beta testing... it all makes sense now. 

And my guess is the number of testers wasn't much more than the number of days. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And my guess is the number of testers wasn't much more than the number of days. 

The number of testers is mentioned in the post. Read it, there's no need to guess.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Which makes think it's GSX combined with something else that us causing the CTD, not GSX on its own.

Because I'm one of those people with no CTDs with GSX, not everyone has the issue.

Well it's simple it throw some systems over the edge regarding memory and simconnect stuff 😉 pretty stable here hence busy with Brussels to edit and have done so many pushbacks (fenix) in a row lol and not a single CTD...

I'm sure they are going to figure it out... I'm running also the two exe files as admin too...

André

33 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The number of testers is mentioned in the post. Read it, there's no need to guess.

However many there were it obviously wasn't enough.

Interestingly one of the only reported issues I have NOT had are CTDs. Basically pick any other issue from their forum and I’ve dealt with it. 

Ryan

8 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

However many there were it obviously wasn't enough.

It's never enough, there's thousands of different computers out there with thousands of different configurations. They'll never be able to catch every bug before release.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

You did not understand a single thing what I said. Please re-read.

EDIT: To make it less aggressive - GSX is likely the cause, but the eventlog will always say coautl64 crashed even when GSX has nothing to do with it, because when MSFS crashes = coautl64.exe crashes, no matter what caused it. Therefore the eventlog is of no help, no matter if it was GSX or not.

Maybe couatl64.exe will always be the culprit since GSX Pro is installed, but fact is, CTD's are common since the program was installed and disappeared since GSX was uninstalled.

• Like 3

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi