Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

3 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Is there anywhere else to buy this other than on the FSDT Site?

I hate constantly hunting around for updates and prefer utilities like ORBX and Contrail that put all your products and updates together...

Thanks!

There's no way to get it without using their installer, even buying it somewhere else will only give you an activation key for the installer.

I haven't had any crashes with GSX yet in 5 flights I've done with it enabled. I only fly the FBW A20N, people with crashes which plane are you in when it happens?

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, steve 86 said:

funny watching all the streamers having ctd today while using gsx 

Chewwy94 did 4 streams with the pre-release version this week with only one crash, but no idea if the crash was related GSX.

Edited by Tuskin38

12 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I hate constantly hunting around for updates and prefer utilities like ORBX and Contrail that put all your products and updates together...

Thanks!

Yeah, thats the bad thing of manage a Flightsimulator but if you don`t do that you have always a high risk for CTD´s and other similar things..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I thing GSX has good potential. But certainly at the moment it need some time to mature.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I hope the FBW works on adding a rear cargo hold and forward right opening door

Ws63eB0.png

P36sQ4X.png

7 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Now if you like to get it to work instead of being frustrated about wasting your money, try this. This will solve your problem:

- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel

- Go into your "Addonmanager" folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again.

I’ve been reading their forums and have tried all the suggestions. I still can’t participate in the discussion though. 

Ryan

Just now, rjack1282 said:

I’ve been reading their forums and have tried all the suggestions. I still can’t participate in the discussion though. 

At least they didn't suggest reinstalling windows. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Apparently anyone who bought this and has CTD issues was “naive” - eek.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

59 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Apparently anyone who bought this and has CTD issues was “naive” - eek.

No, what makes you think so? It's the devs that need to prevent CTDs, the customers can expect this to work when they buy it. This is the devs fault and I'm sure FSDT will fix this.

Anyone else suffering problems with GSX Pro using custom liveries with the FBW A320 Neo? It works fine with the default FBW liveries, but any custom ones throw up the following error, which means you can't save any of the aircraft customisation options. (you can't load them either, I did try making the changes using the default livery and then swapping back into the custom ones I use, but it won't read the file to load the options either)

Error 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128) in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\FlyByWire_A320_NEO
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\aircraftDialog.py", line 741, in onOk
  File ".\common\aircraftData.py", line 1846, in writeAircraftData
  File ".\common\aircraftData.py", line 1420, in _writeGsxCfg
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

I'm not sure if it's just me, or a wider issue. (I'm using the Experimental FBW Build)

I would have posted this directly onto FSDT's forum, but as with everyone else having just bought the product and not had a forum account over there before, "awaiting admin approval!"

Edited by Curgenven

Deleted the crashing machine GSX Pro and everythings fine now. Some more bucks for the garbage bin but this seems fine these days...

And if someone asks...yes faulting module is couatl64.exe ...although Umberto claims GSX has nothing to do with CTD's.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

9 minutes ago, Severne said:

Deleted the crashing machine GSX Pro and everythings fine now. Some more bucks for the garbage bin but this seems fine these days...

And if someone asks...yes faulting module is couatl64.exe ...although Umberto claims GSX has nothing to do with CTD's.

That's logical because coautl64.exe will always crash when MSFS crashes. That doesn't make it the cause. Don't get me wrong - it could be the cause, but it's not being show or not shown by the eventlog. Do you see MSFS also crashing in the eventlog?