Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

I must say, reading the devs responses on the official forum as well as the couple of people that are defending them here is not a pleasant read. 

Instead of acknowledging issues, there is a recurring theme of “it’s not our fault, nothing we could have done” that just comes across as tone-deaf at best and arrogant at worst. 

I’m now actually regretting my purchase because of the poor level of customer support and the general attitude exhibited by the devs. Sure, maybe cloudflare nodes weren’t updated - but that is NOT the paying customers fault. It’s on the dev to create a method of distribution that works , and if they screwed up (it happens) they need to take responsibility. And selling software online is a solved problem in 2022, you can’t expect sympathy if you weren’t able to figure out caching nodes.  

I’m done with GSX for the foreseeable future. The claims they made are not holding up (works with all airports) and they appear to be doubling down on their insistence that they are doing nothing wrong, or alternatively, there’s no possible way they could have tested this better and it’s cloudflare/mfst that has caused all the problems. 

Feels like a lot of these old school devs aren’t ready to support the vast numbers of Msft customers. Like, if you’re not good with customer communications, hire a freelancer comms person to help out for the launch. It’s just a bad look when you’re arguing with early adopters and blaming your customers. 

Thats $30 down the drain. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Severne said:

Maybe couatl64.exe will always be the culprit since GSX Pro is installed, but fact is, CTD's are common since the program was installed and disappeared since GSX was uninstalled.

I never doubted that. I hope this gets sorted soon and you can have the same fun and immersion I am having with GSX. It's a sight of beauty to have actual passengers deboarding via the stairs, walking up to the pax bus, getting inside - and all of that in the wonderful sunset visuals of MSFS. It's gorgeous and there's a lot to look forward to for the next 10 years (GSX was updated for 10 years on P3D, and this was with probably 1/100 of the sales it will have on MSFS, so good times ahead!).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

I must say, reading the devs responses on the official forum as well as the couple of people that are defending them here is not a pleasant read. 

Instead of acknowledging issues, there is a recurring theme of “it’s not our fault, nothing we could have done” that just comes across as tone-deaf at best and arrogant at worst. 

I’m now actually regretting my purchase because of the poor level of customer support and the general attitude exhibited by the devs. Sure, maybe cloudflare nodes weren’t updated - but that is NOT the paying customers fault. It’s on the dev to create a method of distribution that works , and if they screwed up (it happens) they need to take responsibility. And selling software online is a solved problem in 2022, you can’t expect sympathy if you weren’t able to figure out caching nodes.  

I’m done with GSX for the foreseeable future. The claims they made are not holding up (works with all airports) and they appear to be doubling down on their insistence that they are doing nothing wrong, or alternatively, there’s no possible way they could have tested this better and it’s cloudflare/mfst that has caused all the problems. 

Feels like a lot of these old school devs aren’t ready to support the vast numbers of Msft customers. Like, if you’re not good with customer communications, hire a freelancer comms person to help out for the launch. It’s just a bad look when you’re arguing with early adopters and blaming your customers. 

Yeah virtuali isn't the most approachable dev and I find his attitude really hard to deal with at times, but he's a hard worker and all of that will be fixed eventually, even the encrypted airports (there's already a solution in the pipeline by Asobo).
I'm sure you can come back in a couple of weeks and see that it all works and your 30$ are not lost.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

It would be nice to have options for GA or corporate jets

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Disappointed I bought it this morning. Should have read the forums first cause this is full of bugs. I've had to uninstall all my FSDT products twice now.

Worst of all, it introduced bugs to the P3D version even with a clean install of only the P3D GSX L2 and FSDT's P3D airports.

I know from years past this will eventually get sorted, but I just wish I had waited (and not updated the P3D products).

• Like 1

Daniel M

i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 RAM, PNY RTX 3090, Custom Watercooling

6 minutes ago, Daniel M said:

Disappointed I bought it this morning. Should have read the forums first cause this is full of bugs. I've had to uninstall all my FSDT products twice now.

Worst of all, it introduced bugs to the P3D version even with a clean install of only the P3D GSX L2 and FSDT's P3D airports.

I know from years past this will eventually get sorted, but I just wish I had waited (and not updated the P3D products).

Sorry.  There's an update to GSX that's also screwing things up?  Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

LjoRgmV.png

10 days of beta testing and only 35! That’s way too short and too little.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

4 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

10 days of beta testing and only 35! That’s way too short and too little.

It's, 60-65, the 30 dedicated testers + the 30-35 reviewers.

Apparently none of them had these game breaking issues.

Edited by Tuskin38

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Stil 10 days too little. Maybe at least a month would have made sense 

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just now, omarsmak30 said:

Stil 10 days too little. Maybe at least a month would have made sense 

Not really, the product is stable for people not getting crashes.

If none of these testers got crashes in the first 10 days, an extra month wasn't going have them get any, since people who are getting crashes got them on the first day.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Apparently none of them had these game breaking issues.

Huh? Regardless of the bugs and crashes, the procedural problems are 100% developer created.  FSDT apparently either had no one with actual airline experience giving feedback or ignored it.

• Like 3

Ryan

2 hours ago, FlyingGoose said:

You better be careful saying things like that about him.... last time I said something about him I got a week ban on here haha. No joke 

Edited by Keirtt

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

13 hours ago, DaWu said:

Learn the difference between hate and frustration about a bugged early release.

Hey champ - try packing away the attitude and communicate normally. 

No one likes a smart a$$

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Yeah virtuali isn't the most approachable dev and I find his attitude really hard to deal with at times, but he's a hard worker and all of that will be fixed eventually, even the encrypted airports (there's already a solution in the pipeline by Asobo).
I'm sure you can come back in a couple of weeks and see that it all works and your 30$ are not lost.

I hope you’re right and I’ll be very happy if everything works out in a few weeks (or heck, a few months)