Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

So what? If none of the userbase uses the software 100% identical, chances are huge that also not 100% experience the same CTD. Even if it might be technically correct that all users would be affected, it is so far off reality, it should not anymore be mentioned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GexGufs1tQ

ok  check  this  out  than

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, tup61 said:

In short: your simple logic fails completely. I think a lot of your customers are annoyed by your repeated attempts to shift the blame to MSFS instead.

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

11 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

ok  check  this  out  than

Geez, WHAT exactly is so difficult in my statement to understand? 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If it is just bad luck, and is proven to be down to MS Servers etc, that is terrible timing for FSDT. It will be interesting to see what evolves over the coming days. GSX here still seems to be working fine.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

6 minutes ago, Car147 said:

If it is just bad luck, and is proven to be down to MS Servers etc, that is terrible timing for FSDT. It will be interesting to see what evolves over the coming days. GSX here still seems to be working fine.

How is it "proven", when someone installs GSX. has CTDs. uninstalls GSX and CTDs stop???

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

How is it "proven", when someone installs GSX. has CTDs. uninstalls GSX and CTDs stop???

Because i am sure if it is down to the MS side it will be revealed. No need to get yourself all twisted.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Just now, Car147 said:

Because i am sure if it is down to the MS side it will be revealed. No need to get yourself all twisted.

You are the one that seems to be twisted, I just made a statement of logic being used????. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

You are the one that seems to be twisted, I just made a statement of logic being used????. 

Maybe have a read   HERE There is now discussion, including input from EMI, who also is now thinking it may not be GSX as issues started just prior to launch

3 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Oh I have seen this one before. We can't get our word not allowed together so let's blame it on Asobo. Yeah good one.

Therefore, why is it working fine or me...!

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

When you go outside and it starts raining, then 20 minutes later you go back inside and it stops raining - are you the cause for the rain? Correlation is not necessarily cause. As said, the next days will show if it was on Asobo or on GSX.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Oh I have seen this one before. We can't get our word not allowed together so let's blame it on Asobo. Yeah good one.

Nothing is proven yet, but there are hundreds of reports of CTDs in the last two days with people that never had GSX at all, over on the MSFS forums. That doesn't mean GSX did nothing, but it makes it at least possible that some of those CTDs were indeed caused by server issues on MSFS and not by GSX. So he's not wrong per se.
However I'd much rather like a statement like "We'll investigate if it's caused by GSX or by Asobos servers and will keep you updated". The immediate denial is not really looking good, PR-wise, even if he might be factually correct.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

When you go outside and it starts raining, then 20 minutes later you go back inside and it stops raining - are you the cause for the rain? Correlation is not necessarily cause. As said, the next days will show if it was on Asobo or on GSX.

What a ridiculous analogy, not even worth discussing. 

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Actually, the crux of his statement "Correlation is not necessarily cause." Is perfectly valid.

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Whatever you think of my analogy, do you understand what I mean when I say correlation is not necessarily cause? Your assumption is wrong that "install GSX = CTD, uninstall 5 hours later = no CTD" means that only GSX can be the cause for the CTD. It could also have been caused by server issues in those 5 hours. There's only one way to find out - investigate further.

EDIT: Just to add - it's perfectly normal to assume it would be GSX in those cases, I would have done the same. But now that we know that people without GSX have had CTDs all over the last couple of days, the assumption needs to be properly investigated and either proven or falsified. The next days will show when MSFS hopefully cures its server issues.

Edited by Fiorentoni