Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

New Small Update SU-10 Beta

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

That's expected. If they optimized multithreading you won't see any benefits in VR where the GPU is always the bottleneck. In VR you have a much much higher resolution, especially if you have a Reverb G2 or higher specs headset. You just need a more powerful GPU or use DLSS.

Well I have an RTX 3090.... In VR: it says Mainthread limited... Atm TAA in DX11 seems a bit more stuttering than DLSS performance. Have to test DX12 still.  And updated today OpenXR Dev Tool. In 2D it works quite well though btw.

EDIT: I always run Motion Reprojection on. Now switched if off and a difference! FPS from 22 to 45 fps (expected) but also now all FPS numbers (dev mode) in the green, and limited by GPU now instead of Mainthread.

Edited by Rene_Feijen
  • Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

I would like to test this beta with Dx11 but honestly I am so good with Dx12 that I wouldn't go back to Dx11 unless a specific reason for that, like incompatibility of some addon, forced me to.

I fly 90% Fenix, 5% 737, 3% Kodiak and the rest devided among various default aircfat and Dx12 is no problem, performance or stability wise.

I thought most addons don't work yet with dx12? 

Victor Roos

2 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

I thought most addons don't work yet with dx12? 

I don't own a lot, I have to agree:

- Fenix A320

- PMDG 737-700 and DC-6

- Carenado Seminole and now V35B

- Kodiak 100

but these all work flawlessly.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Finally had time to sit down and test this version.   Can confirm that DX11 works exceptionally well. 

Smooth,  looks great, and I seem to have my small boat traffic back. 

Well done,  I'd release this.

The V35 is super nice too.  Really like it's visuals the FM seems to be very good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I have to ROFLMBO that the company who released DX12 officially in July of 2015,  can't figure out how to utilize it in their own code 7 years later.

At least they finally decided to ask Nvidia for help.

And I have to ROFLMBO that this user still 2 years after the release of MSFS doesn't understand/know the difference between bugs in Nvidia's DX12 driver and those in the MSFS code itself. At least Asobo finally decided to ask Nvidia to fix the DX12 driver bugs before SU10 final release.

"As per the discussion in yesterday’s Developer Q&A, we are also working with NVIDIA on driver related issues affecting DX12 memory optimizations, and will re-enable those changes once a fix is in place."

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-pc-update-1-27-16-0-august-19-2022/537438

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I have to ROFLMBO that this user still 2 years after the release of MSFS doesn't understand/know the difference between bugs in Nvidia's DX12 driver and those in the MSFS code itself. At least Asobo finally decided to ask Nvidia to fix the DX12 driver bugs before SU10 final release.

"As per the discussion in yesterday’s Developer Q&A, we are also working with NVIDIA on driver related issues affecting DX12 memory optimizations, and will re-enable those changes once a fix is in place."

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-pc-update-1-27-16-0-august-19-2022/537438

Bugs in Nvidia's driver?   Citation required,  please.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

Very quick test earlier using DX11, very smooth with expected FPS for me.

I'll test more tomorrow and report back.

DX12 had big frame time issues for me

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

12 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

It's in the post you quoted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am signed up for the beta but did not get this update?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 minute ago, warbirds said:

I am signed up for the beta but did not get this update?

The update wasn't in the sim but only outside of it, you might have missed it.

What's your version number?

lHGjQtP.png

13 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

That’s good that DX 11 performance is restored to beta patch 1 performance.  If it’s restored and everything else is stable, I am fine with them releasing SU 10. Them fixing DX 12 performance would be nice, but I’m not sure if they can fix it within the next 2 weeks.

They could indeed do that. But if that will be the case, what have SU10 brought us?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

Same experience here, so also very interested in a SU10 vs SU9 DX11 comparison.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dx11-performance-survey-1-27-16-0/537442/162?u=cptpiett8113

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

30 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

ATC: say again: "we are also working with NVIDIA on driver related issues affecting DX12 memory optimizations, and will re-enable those changes once a fix is in place.  MSFS Team"

ATC: confirm you have information beta!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1565642019

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 4

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

13 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The update wasn't in the sim but only outside of it, you might have missed it.

What's your version number?

lHGjQtP.png

1.27.16.0  How do I get this update then? My other update was automatic.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

11 minutes ago, warbirds said:

1.27.16.0  How do I get this update then? My other update was automatic.

1.27.16.0 is the latest version, so if your window says that, you already have it installed.

Edited by Tuskin38