Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-800 anticipated to release between August 23 to 31

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Whatever he says about SU10 beta and the 737, I see no good reason NOT to install the beta at the moment if you know how to do it.  It seems very stable and with excellent performance to me.

Prior to installing the beta, I'd suggest making a copy of the "Official" folder. If one chooses to return to SU9, the reinstallation should be very quick (just have to download the installation package from MS Store). 

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I didn't know the latest beta version of SU 10 fixes some issues with long flights in the 4 to 5 hour range, as Randazzo is reporting.  Can any SU 10 beta testers verify this? I thought there were still some issues with long flights over many hours.

I'm sure I read something about better stability on long hauls. But can't seem to find it anywhere. I've gone through all the SU10 release notes...

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I would be surprised if the 800 is sold for less than $70. I would not base your expectations on the remarkably low price of the 600. PMDG released that at $35 because they knew that they needed to do something special to generate reasonable sales for a relatively unpopular single type airframe. That is certainly not the case with the 800.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm sure I read something about better stability on long hauls.

Martial did some commentary on this in the latest Q&A and I think he said they have made a little progress for dropped FPS on long flights but said it's difficult to replicate all the time so not very encouraging.  I'm going to submit a ZD ticket to nudge them (if they haven't already) into considering an algorithm to dynamically decrease T-LOD starting at a certain AGL, around maybe 1000 feet or so prior to touchdown.  For me, this is the source of performance loss at arrival airports.   When you're that low you don't need a lot of T-LOD.  If I did not set up T-LOD to accommodate the hit at the arrival airport I can stop the sim and dial T-LOD and solve the issue, and if that can happen I don't see why it can't be done on the fly literally!  It's much more of an issue at arrival airports than at departure which I take to mean there is a certain T-LOD debt accrued and the longer the flight the worse it can be, though I think it's less dependent on length of flight per se.  I can do any length flight w/o suffering perf hits at arrival if I set T-LOD low enough at departure.  The thing is you don't like sacrifice this at departure where you easily manage a higher T-LOD.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Good stuff! ... Always looking for any scrapes of info on their 777, Rob just dropped this little bit on another thread.. makes me think maybe 1Q23 at the earliest.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/211519-any-news-of-777
Sam-
Work on the 777 has begun. It is way too early to show it to you, or to make any projections on when you'll be flying it.
I'll keep you posted, tho!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Hoping someone can help me understand one of the great mysteries of life:

Why is the 600 half the price from the 800?  From my perspective, I don't see the reason to spend more on the 800, but I'm sure I'm not the usual PMDG-type customer.  I only fly study level planes but I'm not a big commercial airliner pilot so it will all be new to me.  Things that are important to me are the flight model and systems fidelity in that order.  I don't really care what systems are modeled as long as what is modeled is accurate to the systems they are intended to model.  In this context, I'm guessing most would advise to just get the 600, but I am curious as to why others are so gung ho about the 800, even if it costs more money?

This is great news since i've been wanting the -800 for so long!! 🥳

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

10 minutes ago, Cavemanhead said:

Hoping someone can help me understand one of the great mysteries of life:

Why is the 600 half the price from the 800?  From my perspective, I don't see the reason to spend more on the 800, but I'm sure I'm not the usual PMDG-type customer.  I only fly study level planes but I'm not a big commercial airliner pilot so it will all be new to me.  Things that are important to me are the flight model and systems fidelity in that order.  I don't really care what systems are modeled as long as what is modeled is accurate to the systems they are intended to model.  In this context, I'm guessing most would advise to just get the 600, but I am curious as to why others are so gung ho about the 800, even if it costs more money?

People are wanting the -800 as its the more popular variant of the 737 and a lot of airliners/operators use the -800 over the -600/700. A lot of users like to keep the realism.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

It’s unfortunate that they will not be offering some sort of discount on the 800 to those who purchased the 700 already. I am not aware of any at this point, so I assume there will be none. I guess it is what it is, but I like the 700 so I’ll really have to think before I pull the trigger on the 800. 

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Just now, Zangoose said:

People are wanting the -800 as the more popular variant of the 737 and a lot of airliners/operators use the -800 over the -600/700. 

So, it sounds like the -600 will be fine for a person like me but someone that wants to know the -800 because it's more common would want to invest their time there in case the pilot has a heart attack on their next flight and they can save the day wherein I'll be saying sorry, I only know the -600, we're all doomed!  What kinds of things will I be "missing" by only learning the -600?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cavemanhead said:

So, it sounds like the -600 will be fine for a person like me but someone that wants to know the -800 because it's more common would want to invest their time there in case the pilot has a heart attack on their next flight and they can save the day wherein I'll be saying sorry, I only know the -600, we're all doomed!  What kinds of things will I be "missing" by only learning the -600?

You're missing out on Cargo/BBJ/Longer range flights by sticking to the -600 but it sounds like the 600 would be enough for you if you don't care for those sort of things. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

17 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

You're missing out on Cargo/BBJ/Longer range flights by sticking to the -600 but it sounds like the 600 would be enough for you if you don't care for those sort of things. 

As long as I can hop around the globe without running out of fuel on too big a leg, I think I'll be fine.  I'm a noob at airliners.  What is BBJ?

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I would be surprised if the 800 is sold for less than $70. I would not base your expectations on the remarkably low price of the 600. PMDG released that at $35 because they knew that they needed to do something special to generate reasonable sales for a relatively unpopular single type airframe. That is certainly not the case with the 800.

If there is almost $50 dollars difference between the 600 and the 800 I do not see many casual fliers buying the 800. 
on the other hand it would be strange to sell it cheaper than the 700.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

41 minutes ago, Cavemanhead said:

As long as I can hop around the globe without running out of fuel on too big a leg, I think I'll be fine.  I'm a noob at airliners.  What is BBJ?

BBJ is the Boeing Business Jet. BBJ uses a modified wing structure and landing gear for upped gross weight, additional fuel capacity for extended range, and an executive interior in place of the typical airline interior.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.