Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Unusually High FPS in SU10b

Just now, MDFlier said:

If you have a fast internet connection and enough data allowance, then you have nothing to lose. It runs really well.

All of that I do.

Do all addons work, scenery, aircraft etc?

spacer.png

settings, system, display, gaming, game mode, graphics, change default graphics settings, hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling, ON. Reboot the computer.

It seems to be giving me more fps, DLSS Quality 200 both LODS, render 200.

LSPU

spacer.png

-------------------------------

KJFK

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, shamrockflyer said:

FSUIPC, nope. REX stuff, nope. Possibly others as well.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

2 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

All of that I do.

DD Renton. FlyTampa KBOS, KLAS, CYYZ, Flightbeam - KIAD, KPDX, KDEN, Verticalsim KMYR, FBW A320, Fenix A320, PMDG 737 and 738 all working.

Navigraph won't update AIRACs in SU10 - do it before you install SU10

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

2 hours ago, cchiozza said:

HAGS? HAGS? Sorry what is it?

Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling - a Windows setting! 

1 hour ago, LarsA said:

Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling - a Windows setting! 

Wait, should that ideally be on or off?

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

2 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

This has been much debated, but I don't think there's anything conclusive. I would suggest compare on vs off and see if there's any performance difference. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

1 hour ago, aktorsyl said:

ON, especially in CPU limited environments. See here: https://appuals.com/enable-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/

Of course there may be messed up hardware/software setups in which enabling HAGS exacerbates stability and stuttering issues but, as I always say, in that case it's not the *feature* itself to be blamed, but the underlying situation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

14 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

I heard the latest beta build has amazing FPS increases across the board. Can't remember where I saw the stats post, I think it was somewhere on Reddit. Will link if I stumble across it again.

Please do find the link, because I'm always skeptical when someone drops the word "amazing" when claiming something. Reminds me of those late-night informercials.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

I knew it was too good to be true. I reinstalled RivaTuner, and crosschecked with DEV mode. For some reason, RTSS was adding about 1/3 more to my FPS indication. Needless to say, I'm still very happy with the sim's overall performance, but with the DEV mode FPS tool, I'm indicating around 50 in 2D and 30-35 in VR while on the ground. That's more like it lol. I'd be overjoyed if the latter were the case, but I had a feeling something was off.

Which is why I NEVER EVER check my FPS. I haven't done so ONCE in MSFS. I don't care at ALL what some fps tool says because 1. you never know if something is wrong with it (like it was in your case) and 2. it doesn't matter anyway because all that matters is how the sim FEELS to you. Does it feel smooth, does performance look well? Great! That's all that matters. Who cares what numbers any fps tool shows if it feels good. I never understand the obsession people have (not necessarly the OP 😉 ) with fps. The OP was happy with the numbers he saw but was he also happy with how the sim performed? It looks like it. What if he never discovered it was a flaw in an fps tool... he would have been happy forever without knowing there was nothing to be happy about. 😉 I am EXTREMELY happy and always have been with how well MSFS performs on my PC. It's awesome. I am also EXTREMELY happy I have no clue what fps I am getting because that may only dampen my joy. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My impressions from reading through many threads on the official forums throughout the beta process:

1.27.9.0: Amazing performance for PC users. DX12 multithreading works well. Visual artifacts for some users with lower-end GPUs. 

1.27.9.0 update: Same (small update to address broken elevation data of generic airports).

1.27.11.0: Performance significantly worse except for Xbox and AMD users (general bug fixes, GNXi fixes).

1.27.13.0: Same. Disabled DX12 memory manager optimization on NVIDIA GPUs.

1.27.14.0: Same. Apparently HDR is fixed but many report that it's not 100% fixed, only partially. 

1.27.16.0: Performance significantly better again (DX11), DX12 needs further optimization in collaboration with nvidia. 81% agree that performance is better compared to the previous beta build, although many claim not as good as beta1. Performance probably not worse than SU9. 

Latest performance survery: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dx11-performance-survey-1-27-16-0/537442/297

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

The good thing to know is that on my rig i wont have this effect because of my old 970 GPU which is sure to bottleneck everything. 🤣

Edited by Soulflight
  • Like 1