Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

September 8th, 2022 - Development Update

Chaotic is not around to post this looks like, and David got his earlier post deleted, so I'm going to give it a try ... just keep in mind that I ain't no ChaoticBeauty :)

https://www.flightsimulator.com/september-8th-2022-development-update/

The full release of Sim Update 10 is on its way, slated for next week! While we are pinpointing the exact day of release, our team is currently adding in our final changes and updates for SU10. Beta users can expect one final test build coming shortly. We have also been closely working with NVIDIA regarding our DX12 optimizations and we plan to release SU10 in conjunction with an NVIDIA driver update that will help one of the first issues our Beta users discovered (graphical glitches and artifacts).

It’s been incredibly helpful to have so many community members test Beta builds with us, so thank you for everything. We are excited for this release and looking forward to what’s next World Update 11: Canada, and the 40th Anniversary Edition (Sim Update 11)! You will find an updated Development Roadmap below.

MSFS Team

spacer.png

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Web-friendly version: https://www.flightsimulator.com/development-roadmap/

spacer.png

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Web-friendly version: https://www.flightsimulator.com/feedback-snapshot/

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

SDK UPDATE

• Roadmap:
    • Sim Update 11
      • We are focusing our efforts on the Project Editor, improving its stability & ergonomics.
  • General:
    • We added a link to DevSupport in the Devmode toolbar (which was about time!).
    • WASM
      • We updated inNative (a define was missing, which made the optimization part a bit slower).
      • We fixed a crash upon loading a font file with a long version string.
    • Project Editor
      • We fixed the export that was duplicating or adding files from packages that were not selected to the .zip archive.
      • We fixed some metadata and release notes that were not correctly copied when doing "Save As" on a project.
      • We fixed the thumbnail that wasn’t loaded in the project until drawing it in the inspector.
      • We fixed the error message "called TableSetupColumn too many times" on Marketplace Data.
      • We no longer resize the Export & Build window each time we change the export mode.
      • Adding a new release note version now selects it.
      • We now resize the "Remove Filter" window to the appropriate size upon first opening
      • Input hints in the release notes tab now prevents users from entering irrelevant values.
      • The input hints to change release note versions no longer lose focus each time a character change.

TWITCH UPDATE

spacer.png

We stream weekly on twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial. You’re invited to join us this Friday at 1900Z for a beautiful flight over Germany and The Netherlands! This week we will fly over some of the places our Senior Community Manager visited as she was over in Europe for Gamescom. Meeting up with our lovely Discord admins, she went on a little tour of Germany and the Netherlands. We will visit some of the places she was at, some which coincidentally got a refresher with the latest City Update 1! Be sure to download CU1 from the marketplace, and meet us at EDDV for departure. All the details for this flight can be found on our forums at https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-community-fly-in-friday-german-cities-and-rotterdam/541360

COMMUNITY VIDEO

Among the new items in the Marketplace this week is the Flysimware Cessna 414AW Chancellor. One of Flysimware’s developers owns this very aircraft, and over a two-year period they took hundreds of measurements, photos, and sound recordings of the real thing to give sim pilots the most accurate representation of the plane’s flight dynamics, appearance, and sounds. Recently, YouTuber AvAngel put the 414AW through a test flight in the mountains of beautiful British Columbia. Does it live up to the hype? Watch the video below and find out!

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

You can submit your screenshot via Twitter with #MSFSchallenge or the Weekly Forum Post ! This week’s screenshot challenge: City Update 1 – Germany

This past week our Screenshot Challenge was “Storm Chasers”.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – September 15th, 2022

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I think these are the most beautiful photos they've ever released. I can't wait to see the DX12 enhancements restored.

• Like 16

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Mods need to pin this. 

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

@lwt1971 You get your first 🌲

Btw, David requested that we remove his attempt.

Hopefully @ChaoticBeauty is ok. He hasn’t logged in since Sept 2nd. Don’t think he’s ever missed an update.

• Like 17

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for doing this Len!  I hope CB is alright.

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

57 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

@lwt1971 You get your first 🌲

Looks like the pin fell off ?

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I might be wrong. But I can't help wondering whether all the gorgeous rain and wet-runway images in today's development update aren't indirectly responding to the much-hyped "runway puddles" just released in other flight sim realms. As far as I'm concerned, Asobo steals the show every time!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

It seems that, for whatever reason, @ChaoticBeauty can’t do this today so maybe it deserves the pin? Hope he’s OK.

One small, but exciting thing in the development for me is that historic weather is now ‘under investigation’!!!

• Like 7

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Anyone know why "Horizon Line Visible Through Mountains and Objects" is not planned? I only experience this under certain circumstances, but's quite evident when it does show it's ugly head. 

32 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Anyone know why "Horizon Line Visible Through Mountains and Objects" is not planned? I only experience this under certain circumstances, but's quite evident when it does show it's ugly head. 

This is since quite a while. As you, I see it only under certain light and weather conditions but if, it is unpleasant. We don't know why MS/Asobo changed it from "under investigation" to "not planned". I'm not aware of any official statement.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

37 minutes ago, Nemo said:

This is since quite a while. As you, I see it only under certain light and weather conditions but if, it is unpleasant. We don't know why MS/Asobo changed it from "under investigation" to "not planned". I'm not aware of any official statement.

It was mentioned it's something core to the engine, or the rendering and they can't do anything about it essentially.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Thanks for the interest, all is well but I've been busier lately and had to wake up early today so I couldn't stay up until the weekly update was posted (looking at the official forums it was at about 3:00 AM in my timezone). Thank you for getting it posted here and good job on the formatting!

• Like 30

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

It was mentioned it's something core to the engine, or the rendering and they can't do anything about it essentially.

I suppose they came to the conclusion that it can't be solved unless they do a rewrite of the core rendering engine. Probably even Asobo doesn't know for sure when / if this will be done.

Given that there are plenty of other things to do, this has probably a very low priority when looking at the return on dev hours invested. At least as long as the line on the horizon is the only thing that's really improving. 

As time goes by, I suppose there's going to be a point when there are more issues in the backlog that would require a rewrite, and then they'll do it due to a much better return on investment... I don't think this is gonna happen within the next two years though...

• Like 4

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

6 hours ago, David Mills said:

I think these are the most beautiful photos they've ever released. I can't wait to see the DX12 enhancements restored.

I agree, 100%. The ones with the Grumman Goose and the C208; you can almost hear the rain hitting the trees and vegetation all around.

• Like 3

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

As I wrote in the other thread posted by abrams, I'm positive Asobo will bring us a solid SU10 next week. However the recent beta update 2 days ago introduced some stability issues that will need to be ironed out. As mentioned in this development update there will be one more beta update before it goes live next week. As I've been testing the beta for almost two months now, I'm very excited (and perhaps a tiny bit worried) to test the next and final update. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”