Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sales of PMDG 737-700 exceeded even most optimistic forecast

So this is interesting.  Randazzo has a model to predict the sales numbers of a specific new product from PMDG, and it had worked really well for P3D, to within even 2% of a margin of error of the actual sales.  When Randazzo plugged the MSFS PMDG 737-700 numbers into his sales model, he thought it was broken because the sales model was off the scale.  Turns out, despite how optimistic the sales model was in forecasting for unit sales of the PMDG 737-700 in MSFS and despite the fact that the sales model was off the scale, the actual sales of the PMDG 737-700 in MSFS was even higher than that.

Anyways, this was said in the Sky Blue Radio interview with Randazzo back in July.  You can listen to what Randazzo said, around the 1:21:25 mark in the interview: https://pod.co/sky-blue-radio/jt-welcomes-robert-randazzo-from-pmdg-7-8

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 12

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Good for them, might light a fire under them to get their 777 and 747 out 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I confess I don't like Robert because he never invited me for a ride in his Dakota, but at times I find his writing amusing 🙂

I am one of those who feel served in terms of 737s for "my fleet", and the -700 was for sure a rewarding purchase, I'd say better than the DC-6 which I never used again since more than 6 months.

There are acually aspects of the flight dynamics which feel more finished to me than for instance in the Fenix A320 or the FBW NEO, like for instance the effects of asymmetric thrust.

• Like 5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!! Also use AEFS4 and really enjoy it.

Good. Im glad they're making a killing. They deserve it. 

I fly the PMDG 737 more than anything else. 

They just gotta get the Tablet, RF legs, WX Radar and the 900/ER out and I'll never fly anything else. 

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

happy for him also.  But where is that dang EFB!?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Don't forget all of those who have made their fortunes thanks to PMDG. For example me, I earned $2 and 50 cts thanks to my 737's checklist on flighsim.to.
😎

• Like 24
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Well this probably not go for Milviz because they still cant find time to finish the Porter.

Edited by hansb57
  • Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

57 minutes ago, jcomm said:

There are acually aspects of the flight dynamics which feel more finished to me than for instance in the Fenix A320 or the FBW NEO, like for instance the effects of asymmetric thrust.

PMDG has been in this game for 25 years. Fenix 5 Months and FBW 2 years and is a volunteer project. They should compare more to FS Labs or other X-Plane developers. Now i'm just waiting for the 777 to drop.

• Like 1

I am also happy they are doing well, and hopefully the -800 also did well. I had hoped that the 737 would release in a more complete state -- with the new LNAV and VNAV, a tablet, a more complete electrical system and windows that open, for example -- but sitting here in September I find myself appreciating how much work it is to bring a software package of this complexity to a new and far more modern platform and I have been pleased with the attention and updates that PMDG has given the product. Yes, the tablet is still a month or two off but I am confident it will come and make the 737 more enjoyable. I do hope they invest and take the 737 further than the P3D model, it would be nice to see working circuit breakers, it would give me something new to really learn about the aircraft, but, that aside, the 737 is a solid, well tuned, well supported aircraft and I am happy to be flying the -700 and -800.

It seems PMDG raises a range of responses and emotions here, yet they have been a strong contributor to our hobby for over 25 years and have made the transition for MSFS; I am happy they have been rewarded for that dedication and look forward to what else they bring us.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Dan Scott

10 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I am also happy they are doing well, and hopefully the -800 also did well. I had hoped that the 737 would release in a more complete state -- with the new LNAV and VNAV, a tablet, a more complete electrical system and windows that open, for example -- but sitting here in September I find myself appreciating how much work it is to bring a software package of this complexity to a new and far more modern platform and I have been pleased with the attention and updates that PMDG has given the product. Yes, the tablet is still a month or two off but I am confident it will come and make the 737 more enjoyable. I do hope they invest and take the 737 further than the P3D model, it would be nice to see working circuit breakers, it would give me something new to really learn about the aircraft, but, that aside, the 737 is a solid, well tuned, well supported aircraft and I am happy to be flying the -700 and -800.

It seems PMDG raises a range of responses and emotions here, yet they have been a strong contributor to our hobby for over 25 years and have made the transition for MSFS; I am happy they have been rewarded for that dedication and look forward to what else they bring us.

I think any developer that isn't working on something for MSFS at this point, won't have a very bright financial future. 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think any developer that isn't working on something for MSFS at this point, won't have a very bright financial future. 

Yep and developers like A2A, Majestic and FS Labs at one point did not take MSFS very serious at the beginning now eagerly are waiting to get a product into MSFS. Hmmmm

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Yep and developers like A2A, Majestic and FS Labs at one point did not take MSFS very serious at the beginning now eagerly are waiting to get a product into MSFS. Hmmmm

I suspect that you may have made that up.
All three produce aircraft models that do things that other developers' models do not.
My recollection was that rather than not taking MSFS seriously, they looked at the SDK
and saw that until it improved, introducing their model would simply not be possible.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Reader said:

My recollection was that rather than not taking MSFS seriously, they looked at the SDK
and saw that until it improved, introducing their model would simply not be possible.

For FSLabs though, Fenix with their A320 did everything that FSLabs does, and more. So the SDK for MSFS was always more than capable. Fenix knew that from the very beginning when MSFS was released.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM