Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sales of PMDG 737-700 exceeded even most optimistic forecast

39 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Here we are again .... a thread completely derailed, once again turned into one sim vs. another. This place ....

Not bad though - by my reckoning, it did manage to stay on topic until half way down the fourth page...

Edited by garydpoole
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Matchstick said:

I would say that even if XP objectively had the best flight model

I always wonder how someone sitting in front of a screen on an armchair can say which sim "has the best flight model"?

Unless someone has got a hydraulic or pneumatic cockpit seat at home that actually shakes and moves, I can't really believe those faan bois saying "their" sim "has got the best flight model ever".

It seems like this argument is the only USP of XPlane since a decade cause no one can prove it right or wrong anway.

Back to topic:

I'm happy PMDG is developing mainly for MSFS and not for XPL, although they have really scared me off with their "we charge 100 USD for an addon already existing and working fine in P3D, then we label it as "credit" for the MSFS product line, charge 70 USD for the 737-800 everybody wants, but people still have already spent 30 USD for a MSFS product, so they feel the urge to buy the 737-700 for another 70 USD in order to not have the feeling to waste money (they already did), but spend a total of 140 USD, which is 50% more than we would have earned when someone just buys the 738 for 70 USD PLUS we've saved cost for a bank loan, cause our development process got funded couple years ago by those who can't wait for British Airways Shuttle and they've provided us a credit at an interest rate of a whopping 0%" pricing policy. Sure, every company can price their products like however the Flight Calibration Services they want. I've luckily not fallen for this questionable practice and I don't feel sorry for those who are impatient and couldn't wait to save quite a bit of money, but PMDG won't see me as a customer for a very long period of time 🙂

Still, I'm happy Fenix, Leonardo and iniBuilds have got PMDG as a competitor, cause this keeps the prices for MD82, A320, etc. low and their quality up 😉

Edited by Konterhalbe

This is comical.  The price difference between all these addons is no more than a few cups of coffee, and y'all are writing entire paragraphs about how "wronged" you feel.

I'm coming to the conclusion that simmers might even be cheaper than real pilots.   😂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Andrew Crowley

2 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

This is comical.  The price difference between all these addons is no more than a few cups of coffee, and y'all are writing entire paragraphs about how "wronged" you feel.

I'm coming to the conclusion that simmers might even be cheaper than real pilots.   😂

Its not even that. I completely understand and respect the fact that some will not buy something because they feel that it does not provide value to their situation and they express it at that time but the whole tedious hand wringing about it weeks later helps no one and doesn't make anyone feel better or worse about the price. 

The bottom line .. the price is the price. take it or leave it .. I have left some products on the table because i didn't like the price vs value proposition but that comment has been left in the only thread where it was discussed when people found out the price..and it will remain there.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

So much saltiness for Xplane 12. Give screenshots section a look and check out some of the recent Xplane 12 shots. It blows msfs out of the water with Ortho + simheaven. If you don't want to add any add-ons, a scenery overhaul is coming once the sim is stable enough. People posting troll screenshots in this thread to make xp12 look purposely bad is hilarious.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Mods....please put this thread out of its misery.

It has gone from this:

goods-train-pti-1608710566.jpg

To this:

merlin_187869822_e7db86be-77a1-43b3-ad8a

It is hopelessly derailed.

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Basta! :ph34r:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: