Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sales of PMDG 737-700 exceeded even most optimistic forecast

I have to agree. There is no way that I would be flying over scenery that looks like that.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Better flight modeling of XP 11, oh please, not again with the word not allowed. 

I'm sorry you don't like the fact, but it is, if only because it's the flight model and SDK are far more mature than in MSFS.

36 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I'm sorry you don't like the fact, but it is, if only because it's the flight model and SDK are far more mature than in MSFS.

If that scenery was created with a more "mature" SDK, then I think I 'll need to wait until XP hits the retirement home. It might be ready for prime time by then.

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

6 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

If that scenery was created with a more "mature" SDK, then I think I 'll need to wait until XP hits the retirement home. It might be ready for prime time by then.

It's almost like XP doesn't concentrate on the scenery in the core package and allows people to add what they want.

Some people like that concept, some people don't

50 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I am a licensed pilot and have been for over 40 years. I have flown both XP and MSFS, and I always felt like XP was unrealistic and didn't feel like a real aircraft. I have several aircraft that I fly in MSFS, and they do fly and feel like a real aircraft to me. Many career pilots have moved to MSFS. XP is as relevant today as the 8 track tape player. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am a licensed pilot and have been for over 40 years. I have flown both XP and MSFS, and I always felt like XP was unrealistic and didn't feel like a real aircraft. I have several aircraft that I fly in MSFS, and they do fly and feel like a real aircraft to me. Many career pilots have moved to MSFS. XP is as relevant today as the 8 track tape player. 

So presumably you disagree with all the complaints we've seen (and continue to see) in here about all the problems with the MSFS flight model.

Ultimately That's OK, it's your opinion, I think you're wrong but that's just my opinion as well.

4 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

So presumably you disagree with all the complaints we've seen (and continue to see) in here about all the problems with the MSFS flight model.

Ultimately That's OK, it's your opinion, I think you're wrong but that's just my opinion as well.

Ii also see many complaints about the XP flight model,  so who is correct is a toss up. I just know what feels right to me. All I know is developers seem to be leaving XP in droves, and moving to MSFS. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Ii also see many complaints about the XP flight model,  so who is correct is a toss up. I just know what feels right to me. All I know is developers seem to be leaving XP in droves, and moving to MSFS. 

Fair enough.

I would say that even if XP objectively had the best flight model the fact that MSFS has far more market penetration & sales world encourage Devs to move.

If devs were primarily chasing the sim with the best flght model we might have seen more people create planes (especially helicopters) for Aerofly FS2

Edited by Matchstick

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

All I know is developers seem to be leaving XP in droves, and moving to MSFS. 

I ask this as a genuine question not as any kind of gotcha or rebuttal, apart from iniBuilds who are you thinking of in terms of devs ? I know several who looks to be supporting XP and MSFS but I'm genuinely interested which others ones are switching away from XP entirely ?

(I know JF are example are developing primarily for MSFS and getting Thranda to do XP ports of new planes but that's not that much different from when they developed primarily for P3D and Thranda did the XP ports)

48 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

This is a small N but at least here in Avsim it pretty much sums it up:

RW pilots who have used ALL of these: XP/P3D/FSX/MSFS. Ran - Hangar Chat - The AVSIM Community

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

This is a small N but at least here in Avsim it pretty much sums it up:

RW pilots who have used ALL of these: XP/P3D/FSX/MSFS. Ran - Hangar Chat - The AVSIM Community

XP has always been around 10%  at most of flight simmers. It is a niche of a niche. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

XP has always been around 10%  at most of flight simmers. It is a niche of a niche. 

Pretty remarkable RW pilots found themselves using MSFS over XP despite the much better flight model in XP 😉

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

25 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Navigraph survey results don't agree with that. However this is a survey with a self-selecting sample so I don't know how much emphasis can be put on the raw numbers, so if there are alternative survey sources I'd be very interested in seeing those.

https://navigraph.com/blog/flightsim-community-survey-2018-results
https://navigraph.com/blog/flightsim-community-survey-2019-results
https://navigraph.com/blog/flightsim-community-2020-survey-results
https://navigraph.com/blog/survey2021

Edited by Matchstick

Here we are again .... a thread completely derailed, once again turned into one sim vs. another. This place ....

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models