Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

More stupid gusts, this time on final

8 hours ago, fppilot said:

It is fully unrealistic whether at altitide or approach and needs to be fixed.  Highly simiar to the overeffects previously introduced with previous SUs in regards of icing and thunder/lightening. There is no realism. Just, you want lightenng? We'll give you lightening! You want icing?  OK take this!  It all seems so over-responsive!

Fully agree. 

Oh look, yet another actual IRL pilot/captain and veteran simmer to boot, having this to say after having just tested the latest and excellent Fenix A320 in MSFS:

"But I gotta hand it to Microsoft on the gust factors ... little bit of headwind component there with the ground effect, really nicely done. I gotta say, for years we complained about FSX and P3D being what, on rails, on rails, and honestly this even makes X-Plane feel a little bit rail-y, when I fly an approach like this and I can feel myself actually having to combat wind gusts the same way I would combat them in real life, it's a whole different level of immersion ..."

But forget all these real world pilots folks! Let's hail the words of Real Simmers ™️ from legacy sims who seem rather fond of flying imaginary trains in the sky and keep telling us how MSFS just has it all wrong and then go on weird rants about gamers and PMDG and whatever else usual talking points ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Back in the real world, we don't just need to go on the words of one IRL pilot who happens to test PMDG aircraft, when there are plenty of others like V1 below who also say the same (video link timestamped to when his statements above begin)... and with what's coming in SU11 with the advanced airflow simulation, it's only going to get better, which I suspect is also going to irk certain legacy sim lovers even more :))

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Isn’t that the same one who endorsed the initial iteration of the fenix to be “spot on” ? A claim that was rejected by… fenix themselves ( to their credit I have to add).

sorry, copy-pasting someones opinions doesn’t cut it. One actually needs at least some basic understanding in what one’s talking about. Unless someone is more interested in cheerleading than actual simulation of course….

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Back in the real world, we don't just need to go on the words of one IRL pilot who happens to test PMDG aircraft

So are we ignoring 737NG Driver's words now then?
https://youtu.be/uDKTbHNf_6M?t=222

And Flightdeck2sim's?
https://youtu.be/a_2KdRcuzR0?t=6454

There are definitely a few problems with turbulence and gusts.

1. There aren’t enough of them in stormy weather.
  2. There’s too much of them in calm conditions
  3. Most importantly, they're both far too mechanical.

The rapid and near constant see-saw yawing effect that can be seen in smaller GA aircraft just kills any enjoyment.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, ha5mvo said:

Isn’t that the same one who endorsed the initial iteration of the fenix to be “spot on” ? A claim that was rejected by… fenix themselves ( to their credit I have to add).

sorry, copy-pasting someones opinions doesn’t cut it. One actually needs at least some basic understanding in what one’s talking about. Unless someone is more interested in cheerleading than actual simulation of course….

Sorry, your repeated dismissals of quotes from real world pilots which are non-negative about anything MSFS doesn't cut it... also doesn't show that you have basic understanding of anything either. While you seem fixated on who's being quoted, copy/pasting, cheerleading, and whatever else, we're interested in actual flight simulation.. and that means we'd rather have an MSFS that doesn't artificially remove wind gusts altogether in live weather, which they thankfully put back into SU10. And yes, us simmers who are not real world pilots do take the words of respected real world pilots more seriously than certain others', go figure.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

20 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

So are we ignoring 737NG Driver's words now then?
https://youtu.be/uDKTbHNf_6M?t=222

No, I was speaking to those who dismiss 737NG Driver's words as biased and pro MSFS whenever he says anything positive about MSFS, by saying that there are other various other IRL pilots too (who are independent of any 3rd party developer or other "ties" to MSFS) who overall like the SU10 gusts modelling, a latest example being V1. I certainly respect 737NG Driver and he has both valid complaints and praises about various aspects of MSFS.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len

6 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

No, I was speaking to those who dismiss 737NG Driver's words as biased and pro MSFS whenever he says anything positive about MSFS, by saying that there are other various other IRL pilots too (who are independent of any 3rd party developer or other "ties" to MSFS) who overall like the SU10 gusts modelling, a latest example being V1. I certainly respect 737NG Driver and he has various valid complaints and praises about various aspects of MSFS.

Another idea, Maybe they could have a button in MSFS that would be labeled, "  Train Sim Mode " where everything you fly feels like it is on rails, with no wind or gusts at all.....

• Like 6

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I learned a long time ago to take this semi worship of "real" Pilots with a grain of salt. Simply because whenever somebody quotes a so-called real world pilot to make whatever point it is that they're trying to make, it's all too easy to quote yet another so-called real world pilot who has the exact opposite opinion. And round and round it goes.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

All this Tediously dogmatic posturing on both sides of the debate is getting silly.

Like most things it probably isnt  black and white.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I learned a long time ago to take this semi worship of "real" Pilots with a grain of salt. Simply because whenever somebody quotes a so-called real world pilot to make whatever point it is that they're trying to make, it's all too easy to quote yet another so-called real world pilot who has the exact opposite opinion. And round and round it goes.

That's why you do a poll.  And 97% of the poll takers like the new gusts in SU 10: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/thanks-asobo-this-turbulence-is-absolutely-spot-on/544851/57.

A lot of real life pilots participated in that poll too.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

22 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Real World pilot here. Started flying at 15 on the Cessna. Left the industry on the Maddog.

We pilots disagree on everything. Sort of like Avsimers, really.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

That's why you do a poll.  And 97% of the poll takers like the new gusts in SU 10: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/thanks-asobo-this-turbulence-is-absolutely-spot-on/544851/57.

A lot of real life pilots participated in that poll too.

And the other 3% have whining and complaining honed to a sharp edge. 😉😉

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Sorry, your repeated dismissals of quotes from real world pilots which are non-negative about anything MSFS doesn't cut it... also doesn't show that you have basic understanding of anything either. While you seem fixated on who's being quoted, copy/pasting, cheerleading, and whatever else, we're interested in actual flight simulation.. and that means we'd rather have an MSFS that doesn't artificially remove wind gusts altogether in live weather, which they thankfully put back into SU10. And yes, us simmers who are not real world pilots do take the words of respected real world pilots more seriously than certain others', go figure.

He will deny it, but he takes every opportunity to tell us how much he hates anything associated with MSFS 2020. It really gets old reading his dribble. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

We pilots disagree on everything. Sort of like Avsimers, really

Not sure I agree with this...

🤡

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

48 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Why in name of sanity one would have to warship a "real pilot"? What even "real pilot" even mean? Certified pilot ? Post solo student pilot?  When I was looking for a job nobody asked me if I'm real pilot, they asked what "total dual time" I have and what is my " passing rate" LOL 

Pilots are people - not clones, they are entitled to have their own opinions . It's not uncommon to have different take among pilots themselves even on common things. Remember perceptions often change based on experience, environments, and skill set.

I tried several  FAA certified sims in the past where one can scratch your head about airplane behaviour  in adverse weather. I mean we did whole training and before I could touch down wheel my CFI would reset scenario because everyone knew ground handling was bad and not important. With MSFS even with all imperfection it does pretty good job simulating very fundamental stuff like pitch, power, trim and also weather. Some would disagree but  even post SU10 those who proficient with stick and rudder skills won't have problem handle gusts.  Does MSFS have room for improvement sure! Does new gust system prevent me from flying. No! I always land on runway and keep my airplane on centerline as much as I can.

Just look at this beautiful thing! 🙂

unknown.png?width=2136&height=1202

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI