Sign in to follow this  
shermank

The Definition of Madness

54 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Yeah, i know and totally agree, but that´s just how it goes on forums like this. To get the peoples mouth shut by force is what we call Censorship in Germany. But nobody is forced to continue reading this, rather then step into the discussion. 

Bernd, I know very well what you mean by censorship, being Danish - and living in Flensburg!

Jorgen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I have nothing to protect, neither I am part of a mastermination weapon conspiracy group

Symbol...of course you´re not...but wait...you´re british (sorry that is just a joke). But be honest you actually have planned to go on Hollidays soon, aren´t you?!

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

19 minutes ago, jorgensandersen said:

Bernd, I know very well what you mean by censorship, being Danish - and living in Flensburg!

Jorgen

LOL, yeah.

Buddys, please take an example from Jorgen and relax and chill and take everything with much more sense of humor, as i (we) do.

I´am sure it´s not a questions IF another release is in the making. It´s just a question of WHEN. Good things take time and the release of X-Plane 12 shows very well, the "others" are not dead.  

@shermank to get back to your initial start. I want to calm you and assure we all do like you do!

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

If anyone wishes to discuss / speculate on what might be different in v6 you’re free to do so.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you do a search on Prepar3d V5 Beta you get another of those “fake” pages.

😂

To me a big one is a better sdk for developers as we need them to come back to p3d v6. Would be great if landclass is gone too.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

2 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

To me a big one is a better sdk for developers as we need them to come back to p3d v6. Would be great if landclass is gone too.

To me this is a no-brainer for LM because it benefits their commercial/gov customers as well. 

Some strange responses to this thread, is there some problem with there being a P3D V6?  Is this related to commercial members not wanting P3D to regain momentum so they only have to develop for one platform (potential to take away sales)?  

Why would Lockheed Martin would not continue development of Prepar3D?  Lockheed's simulations division is funded primarily by military contracts (on upwards of $800M or more). 

It's unfortunate the URL was discovered, but it certainly wasn't fake unless someone was able to gain access to the web server hosting Prepar3d.  I'm assuming most understand how a DNS works, then it certainly couldn't be "fake".  If one is concerned about legit URLs, use the following URL checker.  The V6 beta registration page was removed once discovered for obvious reasons.

I'm hoping that facts are still viable.  I would suggest that everyone enjoy the diversity of Flight Simulator options, it's a positive for all.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I agree CO2Neutral -- it would be almost impossible to have a 'fake' web page on a defense contractor website. There is a lot of incidental evidence to point out the existence of v6 beta. Watch if Simbol goes on vacation 🙂

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I suppose a new fsuipc might be coming too?

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

<ramble>

If FSX had not been cancelled by Microsoft, the general flight sim community would have been be in some version of a Microsoft flight simulator. LM could've still developed a product based on the ESP Platform for what it was intended. From the ESP page: "Simulations built on the Microsoft ESP platform will help government, commercial and academic organizations apply immersive games-based technology and interactive learning experiences to improve work-force readiness and increase operational excellence."

As we know, that's not what happened. Microsoft stopped flight simulator development, leaving the flight sim community in a full stall. LM came along with P3D and its improvements over FSX: at first, good ones, but then big-deal improvements  on the 32 to 64 bit switch. Developers offered their wares, again, for P3D, some of them made us purchase them again, and most people in the flt sim gen pop were happy. Most add-ons were pricier than their FSX equivalent for various reasons. Some folks were not so happy about that. Some never left FSX, a few still in FS9. Devs said no more add-ons for FSX because it was too hard to keep cramming stuff into the FSX 32 bit architecture and went fully to P3D. There also the issues with licensing. OMG, there were issues and discussions; one site banned them on penalty of excommunication. 

In between all of that, there was Microsoft Flight and Dovetail's Flight Sim World. Both got killed too soon, in my opinion. Again, some folks were happy.

Microsoft resumes their flight simulation franchise, which meant no more risks of excommunication and hopes that add-ons would be cheaper than the ones for P3D. LM kept updating P3D, but they have a style that makes some people unhappy. Those folks like LM to share their plans and planned release dates because they say that's better customer service. LM doesn't do that with their main customers, why would they do it with the flt sim gen pop? Some folks like to get themselves in a frenzy about the next release (happy when they know there's going to be one) and then enter a state of expressive depression when the release doesn't match their expectations (not happy). 

If LM releases a future P3D version and that version supports the existing add-ons, offers some improvements, to include a full "pause" key, I'll be happy, else I'll continue being  happy with P3Dv5. 

</ramble>

• Like 5

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Seems there is a lot of smoke billowing around with rumours etc. One I read was google maps as source and potentially a new engine. I can believe google maps but not sure I believe the new gaming engine. Is it possible we see v6 before end of 2022?

Now THAT is the rumor mill I was referring to earlier.

Bottom line: No one knows (expletive deleted, but referring to bovine byproduct). And that means nothing, nada, nichts, rien, ingenting.

Jorgen