Sign in to follow this  
espent

Leonardo is still alive and kicking

From their forum:

Hi Captains,

It's been a long time since our latest official news, after the summer break we were busy developing our next Maddog version for MSFS2020, which mostly took us long time to build a "bridge" application needed to overcome some simulator limits (MSFS2020 as you know is a sandboxed environment), thus allowing us to bring back many of the missing features from the P3D version.

It's not our habit to make announcements without being sure of the result and this time the whole process has been particularly painful, but the good news is we’re nearing the end of the beta testing phase and we expect to release it in the next couple of weeks.

Here is a list of features in the upcoming release:

- added tray application ‘MDClient' to overcome limitation of the sandboxed environment;
- added back all missing ACARS pages;
- added back wx clients for METAR/ATIS (VATSIM/IVAO) and CPDLC;
- added back 'printing' of ACARS message to Pushover app;
- added automatic retrieval of latest OFP from SimBrief;
- full GSX Pro integration.

All the documentation has been updated as well, and there are also many improvements and bug fixes (performance, fms, autoland, etc).

Now that we have managed to "get out of the sandbox", in the near future we plan to add the additional missing pieces of the Maddog (i.e. the 83-88) and development can resume at the normal pace our customers are used to.

Thank you all for your patience!

• Like 12
  • Upvote 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Good to see!  Hopefully they can work some sound upgrades into their work plan.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

good news, i second the motion about improving the sounds!!!

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Indeed, an update to the sounds would be nice.

Its the one thing at the moment, keeping me from flying it. To go from Fenix to the Maddog is like going back to FS2002 (sound-wise)

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, espent said:

- full GSX Pro integration.

Seems Leonardo may well be the first one to get this done for their aircraft in MSFS. Can't wait to see it in action. 

• Like 1

Great! Nothing I use. How about some sound, model and texture improvements? 

• Like 4

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

How about add the MD83(SF) into the mix as well. Considering there are quite a few maddog freighters out there now. I also agree that the sounds and textures need a serious upgrade. Come on LH...spoil us with what we have wanted for the past 10 years!

it will be interesting to watch their strategy on releasing the MD-88 add on.  Usually they charged extra.  Probably still will.  But they priced their base model so much higher than expected who knows what they will do.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'm just glade were getting more updates and the md-88 hopefully  we get texture upgrades and sounds in the future. Im just glade to have the md-80 in the sim not many old birds in mfs2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Definitely initial price on release was way to high, something like $85.00, I still bought it.  Nice to see and here they are back.

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Great to hear. I remain patiently waiting for lower pricing or a sale before they can "add back" me as a customer. Hopefully one day.

• Like 1

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Its still one of the most simulated aircraft in MSFS. (beside the Fenix) and above the PMDG 737's. They just lack the details for sounds and textures work but overall a very well simulated aircraft in this MSFS airspace, too bad its a tad over priced for this platform.

Edited by jbdbow1970

hi,

After all this silence, I was hoping for a greater news such as a new Virtual Cockpit specifically build for MSFS…and sound.

This is what I would expect with 90€ investment 

Pierre

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1