Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Did you install the enhancement pack from the Marketplace? That may have done it. It includes a bunch of 4k textures and such. If you did try uninstalling it.

I tried uninstalling it, but there was no difference...I've got MSI Afterburner running, and my GPU load is only around 50%, it's heavily main thread limited. A guy on discord was saying that they've identified the problem and are fixing it....but I don't know how reliable his answer was since there was no link to said info.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

The autoflight seems extremely unpolished.

As a seasoned A300/A310 flyer (in XP11) , this is not the same behaviour we're seeing in MSFS.

Just the abrupt transition from SRS to P-CLB (where my plane took a nosedive to initiate acceleration segment) and the NAV mode that loses track of flightplan is telling me that the autoflight needs alot of care. NAV complety broke when I did a DIR-TO command to wpt MOXAM.

AAK0t3z.png

Right now, you can't compare them IMHO. XP-version is head and shoulders more polished and bugfree. Which isn't a surprise perhaps?

Edit: Another image where NAV and FD lateral bar is on different planets...

Cg29bpK.jpg

Edited by SAS443
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Anyone know how to get wing views in the 310?  I've downloaded the enhanced from the marketplace and still can't get back to the cabin (with add-on iniBuilds liveries).

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

53 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Did you install the enhancement pack from the Marketplace? That may have done it. It includes a bunch of 4k textures and such. If you did try uninstalling it.

I think is a different issue, first time I would have expect the plane to take 10min or longer to compile but it took like 2 or 3 min to compile which is weird. Following the thread in Discord, it seems the issus is related to fast wasm compilation is ticked maybe. They are debugging as we speak

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

where can we get airline liveries

From the IniBuilds manager.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

So yes my computer is a potato and i need an upgrade but this is ridiculous.  i74790k, 1070 and I can get 20-25 FPS in the Fenix on the ground, 30FPS (easily) in the PMDG 737.  I've just loaded into MaccoSim EGCC with the A310 cold and dark..........12FPS.  I run low-medium settings as it is!

Come on inibuilds.........

What are PMDG doing that others aren't?

Thomas Derbyshire

18 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Anyone know how to get wing views in the 310?  I've downloaded the enhanced from the marketplace and still can't get back to the cabin (with add-on iniBuilds liveries).

https://flightsim.to/file/43609/a310-wing-views

But I not tested yet.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Just now, sidfadc said:

So yes my computer is a potato and i need an upgrade but this is ridiculous.  i74790k, 1070 and I can get 20-25 FPS in the Fenix on the ground, 30FPS (easily) in the PMDG 737.  I've just loaded into MaccoSim EGCC with the A310 cold and dark..........12FPS.  I run low-medium settings as it is!

Come on inibuilds.........

What are PMDG doing that others aren't?

They are identified the issue, somewhat it doesn't compile probably and it causes the FPS issues. They are debugging it now as it is not an easy thing to replicate (it doesn't happen to everyone apparently)

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just now, omarsmak30 said:

They are identified the issue, somewhat it doesn't compile probably and it causes the FPS issues. They are debugging it now as it is not an easy thing to replicate (it doesn't happen to everyone apparently)

ok thanks looks like I'm not flying the A310 tonight then 🙂

Thomas Derbyshire

6 minutes ago, rutra said:

Thanks for that, but you shouldn't need to do that with a full modelled cabin like they've done.  All you should have to do is move back to the cabin and save the view.

**disregard**  It appears the camera is just tricky with the mesh.  It's fine now.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
SOLVED

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

I really like it, but as other say, its superhard on FPS. 4K, all settings on max, terrain/object LOD at 300/150, it hovers around 60fps with DLSS3 on a 4090+5900X. PMDG, Fenix, Kodiak all are above 120fps so definitely improvements to be made:-) GPU@100% so its not bottlenecked by the CPU.

Edited by Bionor

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I'm on my third flight in the A310 and I must say, it's a lot of fun. I don't own the x-plane version so this plane is totally new to me. I love the Auto Complete Checklist to help me get through the initial setup and phases of flight. Performance seems smooth but I see others are having issues. I'm sure they will make updates soon. It's nice to fly something different and I can't wait until the A300-600F comes to MSFS2020.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Same with FPS issues here.  Somewhere I read it was because they may have inadvertently enabled fast WASM compilation.  Not sure what the difference is, but it's not taking the usual long time at startup on first load (uninstalled the base A310 through content manager and reinstalled, also deleted the folder that should hold the "M" files in appdata/roaming similar to how FBW tells you to delete them when the aircraft is having issues).  The splash screen on first load even tells you that it will take a while to load the first time but that's not happening.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro