Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

6 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

This might explain it as it did take ~8 minutes to compile mostly like the PMDG models.

Yeah. The A310 loaded in like 1 or 2 minutes for me the first time I flew it, so I think MSFS was using the fast WASM compile method for me. And I am getting bad FPS from the A310 because of it 🤣

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, abrams_tank said:

Yeah. The A310 loaded in like 1 or 2 minutes for me, so I think MSFS was using the fast WASM compile method. And I am getting bad FPS from the A310 because of it 🤣

Maybe uninstall, reinstall? It might pick up the right method now 😛

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Is weather radar and terrain display inop for you guys?

My 310 loaded in pretty quickly so I suppose it didn't compile correctly. Other features seem fine so far.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

36 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I honestly don't know what's all the fuss with "low FPS

It is not a fuss, myself I only get 15fps in nowhere land and is basically unflyable, I am one of the unlucky ones that have the issue with WASM and I am eagerly waiting for a fix since now I can't use it.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

38 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Just missing a Stream Deck profile now...

Yes, yes, yes 😉

will do my very best

• Like 3

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tested the A310 against the PMDG 737 - same airport/gate, time of day, conditions etc. PS: I did not bother downloading the upgraded texture pack (thankfully).

The PMDG delivered 15+ FPS/Smoothness in comparison to the A310.

This indicates more optimization work is required (at a minimum).

Otherwise, it does have a lot of promise - very reminiscent of flying the Level D 767 (systems & displays) back in earlier iterations of FS.

Edited by XCLTM3

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

People should fly it in more rural areas until they fix it, meaning NOT KLAX...
It's one of the better airliners in the game IMO.

The Dash 7 from Simworks Studios is the one I'm waiting for, this is the one I'm betting is going to be a totally "new" flying experience.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

27 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

Is weather radar and terrain display inop for you guys?

My 310 loaded in pretty quickly so I suppose it didn't compile correctly. Other features seem fine so far.

WXR radar works (It uses the method Asobo have allowed via the API) but terrain radar is currently INOP from what I have read on the discord server. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Bit of a noob question.  Any idea how to import winds?   I'm using Simbrief

4 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

WXR radar works (It uses the method Asobo have allowed via the API) but terrain radar is currently INOP from what I have read on the discord server. 

Hi, that's very interesting. Does the weather radar in the A310 work as you expect it to?

Because PMDG and Fenix are complaining the weather radar SDK for WASM isn't up to par yet, but if the weather radar is working as you expect it to for the A310, then maybe iniBuilds is doing something that PMDG and Fenix aren't (assuming iniBulds is also implemented their weather radar using WASM).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Hi, that's very interesting. Does the weather radar in the A310 work as you expect it to?

Because PMDG and Fenix are complaining the weather radar SDK for WASM isn't up to par yet, but if the weather radar is working as you expect it to for the A310, then maybe iniBuilds is doing something that PMDG and Fenix aren't.

Inibuilds aren't doing anything special I believe - they are just using what the current API allows them to do. Some call it a "map weather overlay" rather than an actual radar. 

It's similar to what you can get in some of the other default aircraft. But yeah it goes back to the other thread I opened about this some weeks ago where true WXR radar implementation isn't fully possible with what Asobo opened up and marked as "Fixed". 

Then you get to the whole debate maybe Fenix/PMDG should just do this basic radar or map weather overlay so there it something rather than nothing altogether. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Can someone find out how to do time accel or sim rate increase? It’s a must for long haulers. Sim rate bandit mod can do it if inibuilds has allowed it and not put a cap on it. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

30 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

It is not a fuss, myself I only get 15fps in nowhere land and is basically unflyable, I am one of the unlucky ones that have the issue with WASM and I am eagerly waiting for a fix since now I can't use it.

Tough luck i guess. They'll get it sorted eventually.

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

10 hours ago, flyinion said:

Somewhere I read it was because they may have inadvertently enabled fast WASM compilation

It's not something developers enable, it's a setting on the user's systems, which can be enabled in DevMode, but even if you exit from DevMode, it stays the same so, even if you enabled it long ago for some reason, it's possible is still there.

- When Fast WASM compilation is Enabled ( not default ), WASM modules are not fully optimized for speed, but newly installed modules or simulator updates won't cause that long startup time the first time you load the airplane after an update. However, the module itself will run slower. Not sure if this could possibly cause a big fps drop, that's really depending on what the module is doing, but surely it will run slower.

- When Fast WASM compilation is Disabled ( default ), WASM modules will be compiled to run at full speed, which will take longer to load the first time you start the sim after an update, or after the airplane itself has been updated. But they will run at full speed, after compiled.

Fast WASM compilation should only be enabled by developers, because it allow debugging, never by end users.

To further clarify: the simulator is not running the .WASM file itself. That's more like an intermediate code, what is really being run, is a .DLL that is being recompiled from the .WASM file each time the file or the sim are updated. That .DLL is located in the "LocalState" sub folder of the MSFS profile, and it's not supplied with the airplane, it's compiled by the sim from the .WASM file, and it's native x86 code, that's why it might take a long time to compile it in a fully optimized way.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I found all of the lighting controls! Now I'm ready... 😀

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440