Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

Does the A310 use the CFD?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

The knob for changing the heading is way way too slow, a major pain - is it just me ?

Flying manually in and out of orbx sydney - fps is about the same as 787 for me.

The aircraft feels much "twitchier" than the 787, will try adjusting my controller.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Simbrief (In-game using CDU ? MCDU ) import is not working.

The Navigraph Simbrief Log-in using a username on my setup is now my e-mail address and that is not working on the inbuild A310.

It is working fine for me using my Simbrief alias.

Note that if you have any special characters in your username, you have to manually enter the username into the simbrief.ini file as per this post.

I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

MCP Bridge as well?

of course 😉

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Johan217 said:

I also cannot import Simbrief flightplans (keeps saying "pending"). We are supposed to use our Simbrief ALIAS, correct? Tried both with alias and user name, but neither worked.

This happens to me aswell same thing if i try to import SB Flightplans but a lot users have this - see the inibuilds forum..

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5990-simbrief-not-working/

This is from iniBuilds forum:

Network requests from code (from WASM, at least, not sure about JS/HTML instruments) are impacted by MSFS server status. Due to the popularity of the 40th Anniversary update, the servers are under heavy load. I have just been disconnected as I type this. The Simbrief integration was tested heavily during the production phase. Until server loads lighten, the SimBrief uplink may be unreliable, this is unfortunately largely out of our hands. 

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Does the A310 use the CFD?

Don't believe so, I recall earlier in their discord them confirming as such... though that said, their upcoming payware P-40 does, they call it out in their announce video at  https://youtu.be/FhLXEV5ytXA?t=21 where "comprehensive use of CFD flight model technology" is mentioned. CFD might be more useful for light aircraft than heavier airliners maybe.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Can you guys look in this folder and see if your plane compiled correctly? @Swe_Richard @blueshark747@Shack95

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300

it should look like this:

spacer.png

4 hours ago, virtuali said:

I am having the same issue and only have Flight planes,Panel states,options, simbrief in there. Maybe why it went into a death dive an hour into a transatalantic flight. it just rolled over into a death dive.and despite auto pilot disengaging there was virtually no chance of controlling it even manually.

I have tried re-installing it twice now with no difference, it still loads in about a minute at most from pressing fly.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 hours ago, Johan217 said:

Thank you for reporting this. I've been uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Hope a fix will come soon now.

I also cannot import Simbrief flightplans (keeps saying "pending"). We are supposed to use our Simbrief ALIAS, correct? Tried both with alias and user name, but neither worked.

When I log into Simbrief (a Navigraph log in now) from my desktop I have to use my e-Mail address.

If I try to use the old Alias/username I get a prompt telling me to use my email address e.g. myemail@xxxyyy.com.

So, I assume I would use the same when using MSFS inbuilds A310, correct?

Note:

At present I can try using anything to log in and it does not give an error message .... just says "pending".

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Unfortunately, as of now I have nothing good to say about this bird: as soon as I try entering a route, I get a CTD. Does anybody else have this issue? The help in iniBuilds FAQ is not that helpful...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

What does the enhanced package provide? I don’t have any need for the cabin so if it is also just higher external textures then I’ll probably drop it and just install a couple of add on liveries instead. Not had a chance to fly it yet. 

Edited by Donka

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

23 minutes ago, Donka said:

What does the enhanced package provide? I don’t have any need for the cabin so if it is also just higher external textures then I’ll probably drop it and just install a couple of add on liveries instead. Not had a chance to fly it yet. 

Never mind, found out on the Inibuilds forum that improved VC textures are also part of that. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Anyone seeing a huge dead zone with the throttles? I have to push my physical throttle over halfway forward before anything happens in the sim. I tried calibrating it in the efb with no luck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So despite the WASM compiler issues and low FPS I decided to try a flight out in the "boonies" where scenery is light to bump up FPS.  I must say my first impressions are VERY NICE.  Once Asobo fix the WASM issue (hotfix surely?) I reckon this bird is going to be one of my favourites.

• Like 3

Thomas Derbyshire

12 minutes ago, james42 said:

Anyone seeing a huge dead zone with the throttles? I have to push my physical throttle over halfway forward before anything happens in the sim. I tried calibrating it in the efb with no luck.

James,

I had this issue at first.

It resolved after a PC restart for me.

regards, 

Jasper

Jasper Koelewijn

Current sims: DCS, P3Dv4, P3Dv5, MSFS
- Game pc: Intel I9 11900KF, Nvidia RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, 4x SSD, 1100W power supply, 2 x 40'' 4K monitor
- Stream pc: Intel I7 4790K, Nvidia 1080Ti, 32GB RAM, 2x SSD, 850W power supply, 2x 27'' monitor
- Other: Track-IR, Thrustmaster Wartog HOTAS, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, Saitek X-55, HP Reverb G2.

7 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

So despite the WASM compiler issues and low FPS I decided to try a flight out in the "boonies" where scenery is light to bump up FPS.  I must say my first impressions are VERY NICE.  Once Asobo fix the WASM issue (hotfix surely?) I reckon this bird is going to be one of my favourites.

That is good news!

15 minutes ago, james42 said:

Did you do the throttle calibration (on A310's i-pad)?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW