Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

Just now, altenae said:

What will the enhanced package add ?
Unfortunately the A310 is loading within a minute on first start and also have the very bad FPS due to the compile issues.

The enhanced package contains the following: 4K textures, cabin, dynamic cabin screens. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I'm a little worried it has no navigraph support. Simbrief is using navigraph AIRAC, isn't it? Isn't that about to create problems with mismatching navigation data, if you import Simbrief flightplans into the aircraft? And it's already showing. There are many posts on their discord with CTD or hanging systems when trying to import a flightplan.

Is there a safe way to avoid these conflicts? 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

4 minutes ago, NovemberUniform said:

I'm a little worried it has no navigraph support. Simbrief is using navigraph AIRAC, isn't it? Isn't that about to create problems with mismatching navigation data, if you import Simbrief flightplans into the aircraft? And it's already showing. There are many posts on their discord with CTD or hanging systems when trying to import a flightplan.

Simbrief does use Navigraph data which you would unlock if you have a Navigraph subscription. If you do and you're keeping that up-to-date then you shouldn't really have any issues. (Unless a specific problem is caused by scenery) 

The best way of avoiding those conflicts would be to make sure you have the latest Navigraph AIRAC data installed. 

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 hour ago, miguel370 said:

Did you experienced an anormal fuel burn consumption? i was doing a 5800nm flight and my efob was always at -30 and the tanks fulled

I got a low fuel warning on my first flight using Simbrief for fuel calculations.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

19 minutes ago, NovemberUniform said:

Make sure to have the latest Navigraph data installed in MSFS and it should be fine

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just completed my first full flight in the 310. Yesterday, when I just played around with it at a smaller airport, performance was good. Today, as the flight progressed and esp. when I approached the rather frame-heavy addon airport at Brussels it got very stuttery. But the plane as such is great fun. When they fixed the performance issues I‘ll definitely fly it a lot.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

On 11/11/2022 at 9:06 PM, Fiorentoni said:

from a developer that wants to play with the big boys

They are already in that club, and have been for a while. The problem with the A310 in MSFS is whilst flying in normal conditions it as good as the X-Plane versions (I own them all) it has no Terrain Radar because the built in SDK way costs to much performance and using DEM files like Fenix PMDG will not work on XBOX.

8 hours ago, vin747 said:

if that's because of AIRAC conflict, that doesn't bode well for me.. I have an outdated airac from simbrief... 🙄

I updated navigraph data and it did not immediately CTD this morning -- so I'll see if I can complete a flight.   

I hope you have success Vinod with getting your AIRAC updated.  I use navigraph and updated thru it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

18 hours ago, Andrew2448 said:

Do you have an older set of Navigraph data installed for the base sim? Unfortunately this plane uses the game's built in nav data so if it is out of date that seems to lead to a crash

True. But this is the only plane in the history of FS that gives a CTD because of an AIRAC mismatch. Too bad iniBuilds locked the topic before I could reply with this.

Edit: I moved the navdata (grudgingly) away from the Community folder and now it works as intended. I find it's a beauty this A310, and I'm looking forward to further flights with this bird. I found three other issues, but I can live with them:
2) I can't find a way to map the yoke AP disconnect to a button or key. The default AP off turns the AP master and does nothing to silence the AP off alarm. I have to use the mouse to press the red button on the yoke.
3) Similarly, I can't map the external lights to my controllers.
4) Despite selecting the approach, I can´t see it into the ND.

I guess #2 and #3 would be easily solvable by checking in the forums (or studying some Linda/AAO profiles), and for #4, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

39 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

True. But this is the only plane in the history of FS that gives a CTD because of an AIRAC mismatch. Too bad iniBuilds locked the topic before I could reply with this.

Edit: I moved the navdata (grudgingly) away from the Community folder and now it works as intended. I find it's a beauty this A310, and I'm looking forward to further flights with this bird. I found three other issues, but I can live with them:
2) I can't find a way to map the yoke AP disconnect to a button or key. The default AP off turns the AP master and does nothing to silence the AP off alarm. I have to use the mouse to press the red button on the yoke.

I guess #2 and #3 would be easily solvable by checking in the forums (or studying some Linda/AAO profiles), and for #4, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

I did read on one of their threads that they explained that the format for the in sim nav data actually changed with the this latest one which is why the old ones are crashing. For the future nav datas as long as they don't change the format again you should be able to run outdata nav data without issues.

As for the other issues,

2) You'll need something map custom LVARs for this one. The correct one is L:A310_AP_DISCONNECT_BUTTON

3) You'll also need LVARs for these. I've managed to find every single one except for the strobe light which appears to be missing.

4) This I can't really help with.

54 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

13 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

I did read on one of their threads that they explained that the format for the in sim nav data actually changed with the this latest one which is why the old ones are crashing. For the future nav datas as long as they don't change the format again you should be able to run outdata nav data without issues.

As for the other issues,

2) You'll need something map custom LVARs for this one. The correct one is L:A310_AP_DISCONNECT_BUTTON

3) You'll also need LVARs for these. I've managed to find every single one except for the strobe light which appears to be missing.

4) This I can't really help with.

The autopilot one can be done within the sim - You just need to set the key binding to "Autopilot off" and it will work as intended. Press it once to disconnect and press it again to silence the alarm. If you have the Fenix A320 it's the same concept. 

Matt

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with the nose wheel steering, mine is linked to my rudder axis and enabled via the EFB but the nose wheel will go right slightly first if I want to go left and vice versa hence why I just took off at Dublin and veered off the runway via some fields close by.

Any help advice would greatly appreciated.

Daz