Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

The cabin in the A310 is next level good, but it basically Jack the Rippers your frame rates.

Good to see a well modeleld cabin become the standard via a default plane. 👍

There is always gonna be naysayers who apparently think pilots climb into the cockpit via the rope on the copilot's side. After all, there are still folks who bemoan the death
of 2d panels.😂

Just learning to fly this thing now. Pretty cool plane.

The FMC has miles to T/D somewhere? I'm looking on the Progress page etc. I don't see it. F-PLAN page has the time at T/D not miles.

Edited by Greazer
  • Like 1

Is there a way to enter fix info in the A310? I love using fix distance rings in the 737 and A320 for situational awareness on approach and was just wondering if this is possible in the A310.

• Like 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

17 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

Is there a way to enter fix info in the A310? I love using fix distance rings in the 737 and A320 for situational awareness on approach and was just wondering if this is possible in the A310.

negative.

Fix you can enter to get distance/radial in on the CDU. But not a visual range ring on ND

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

4 hours ago, vin747 said:

umm.. I w'd rather do my really long hauls with something dependable like PMDG 777/747 series.. 

lemme explain - for any real long hauler, few basic things are required which have been staple of pmdg since fs9 days.. we need accurate and comprehensive panel save states.. without that, forget about long hauls.. next we need intuitive sim acceleration like in pmdg.. then we need stuff like winds aloft import features so you can do accurate fuel planning.. finally some quality of life features like remote mcdu, efb to mcdu data transfer etc will be icing on the cake..

thats why i still lean on pmdg for my regular long hauls.. A310 can easily get there if these features are on their charter.. 

Isn't fuel planning done by flight planning software like PFPX?

I do however agree with you that a 777 or 747 by PMDG is superior to the A310, but I've really enjoyed my yesterday's 9h LR flight to Sint Maarten.

What I miss most is the pause at top of descend feature of PMDGs airplanes. Without this, I need to carefully plan my arrival time and be at the PC again in time.

With the PMDG 747 in P3D, I could have easily departed in the evening, disconnect from VATSIM when going to bed and get up in the morning whenever I want and resume and reconnet to VATSIM at TOD for arrival.

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

There is always gonna be naysayers who apparently think pilots climb into the cockpit via the rope on the copilot's side.

You really actually go through the jetway and board the airplane you're going to fly like a real pilot would?

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

Just learning to fly this thing now. Pretty cool plane.

The FMC has miles to T/D somewhere? I'm looking on the Progress page etc. I don't see it. F-PLAN page has the time at T/D not miles.

I was wondering the same. Im yet to find it.

Juan Ramos

Does anyone know of a paintkit for MSFS? I see liveries popping up like mad but can't find any 😞

I guess this answers my question...

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/6021-paint-kit/

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

55 minutes ago, xender said:

I was wondering the same. Im yet to find it.

I think I saw today in PROG page, was like 233(distance) to T/D

Edited by rutra

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

42 minutes ago, rutra said:

I think I saw today in PROG page, was like 233(distance) to T/D

Not yet found PROG page gives any TOD distance. Its in the A320 PERF page.

Just watching Blackbox711 stream now and he said he likes the A310 for MSFS. He said he hasn’t encountered any behavior that is unexpected yet.

FYI, Blackbox711 is a type rated A320 pilot in real life.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

regarding broken NAV in the A310. For some reason, all pilot assists were ON for me. Must've been reset after SU11 40 anniversary installation (they were not changed during  regular SU11 beta )

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/6128-a310-stops-following-flight-director/?do=findComment&comment=23294

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

15 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

regarding broken NAV in the A310. For some reason, all pilot assists were ON for me. Must've been reset after SU11 40 anniversary installation (they were not changed for med during normal SU11 beta period)

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/6128-a310-stops-following-flight-director/?do=findComment&comment=23294

Ya it's annoying how MSFS resets these settings at times on updates, at least if the default state for all these assistance settings was 'off' for all aircraft (fixed-wing/helis/etc) then it'd be better even when unwanted resetting happens.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

There is always gonna be naysayers who apparently think pilots climb into the cockpit via the rope on the copilot's side. After all, there are still folks who bemoan the death

of 2d panels.😂

2d panels aren't dead mate !

spacer.png

• Like 1

My first impression: A solid aircraft, great sounds, flies great, finally a long hauler close to study level (!)... BUT very buggy. Not only the known FPS problem, but also on my two flights I completely freezed the whole aircraft (knobs turning, but nothing happening anymore) by entering stuff in the FMC (e.g. clearing a discontinuity after deleting a waypoint). I had to cancel both flights, because it was gone. Pretty frustrating for a long haul aircraft...

• Like 1