Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

58 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

Tried it, and doesn’t work work.  I have yet to see anyone post their wasm debug screen with a populated dll link path.  I suspect those with acceptable fps don’t have proper files compiled either, and will get even better performance once the issue is resolved.

LOL... Now this is odd. I think I need @virtuali.

What is the proper method to correct this? It seems I have a WASM issue with GSX (even though it seems to be working just fine).

spacer.png

And to keep this on topic, I suspect that there is no DLL path for the a310 because it is a MS product, and the DLLs are getting put in the same place as the base MSFS DLLs.

spacer.png

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Wondering if this aircraft being available/installable from the marketplace vs the PMDG being a completely separate install external of the sim is somehow feeding into this issue of WASM compilation not being triggered in certain cases (given that WASM compilation always happens reliably for the PMDG).

I believe the A310 is the first WASM-based aircraft available on the marketplace?

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

LOL... Now this is odd. I think  need @virtuali. What is the proper method to correct this? It seems I have a WASM issue with GSX (even though it seems to be working just fine).

That's because you haven't installed today's update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

• GSX Pro NEW: WASM module recompiled with new SU11 Optimizations.

However, even if you still have the previous version (which was compiled with an earlier SDK, that didn't optimize Release versions properly ), you can see in your screenshot the sim has compiled a .DLL for GSX .wasm module, but for some reason it hasn't for the A310.

The same happens to me, tried with two separate MSFS installs, MS Store and Steam. The folder that is supposed to contain the compiled .DLL is empty, and the airplane loads quickly, even when removing the folder, so here is not compiling the .DLL too.

Edited by virtuali

11 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Can you guys look in this folder and see if your plane compiled correctly?

Same as in @Swe_Richard‘s case. Empty apart from the work folder.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, virtuali said:

That's because you haven't installed today's update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

That's not fair. I ran live update and the update in the installer this morning with my 1st cup of coffee and got nothing. Just ran it again, and I'm getting a lot of files.

It's really hard keeping up with you. 😁

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 minute ago, MDFlier said:

That's not fair. I ran live update and the update in the installer this morning with my 1st cup of coffee and got nothing. Just ran it again, and I'm getting a lot of files.

It's really hard keeping up with you.

Well, yes, the GSX update was supposed to be released yesterday, that's why the notes are dated Nov. 11st but, we released it today because, since MSFS servers had issues yesterday, I've decided to wait a bit, in order not to release *again* something during another MSFS server outage!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, virtuali said:

Well, yes, the GSX update was supposed to be released yesterday, that's why the notes are dated Nov. 11st but, we released it today because, since MSFS servers had issues yesterday, I've decided to wait a bit, in order not to release *again* something during another MSFS server outage!

Hahaha... Yeah. The next time MS releases something, you need to leave town for a few days.

And take a selfie in front of a famous landmark far away from your office holding a newspaper with the date on it to prove that it wasn't you.  🤣

I didn't have a chance to explore 310 much. Can anyone tell me if WX/terrain radar work?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

By the way, I am super impressed by iniBuilds support on Discord and forums. They are super responsive and humble, just like Fenix and FBW folks. We need more developers with new fresh blood like those. 

Keep it up iniBuilds! 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

50 minutes ago, virtuali said:

In fact, I tried it now, and no .DLL is being compiled after clearing the Localstate folder, but DevMode's WASM Debug window indicates it's a RELEASE build however, no .DLL is there, meaning the sim is likely running the WASM intermediate code, instead of the native x86 .DLL.

Apparently RELEASE doesn't mean that MSFS had compiled your WASM into DLLs binaries. As long the cache folder has no DLLs, then it is still running with those intermediate WASM that is meant for development.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I didn't have a chance to explore 310 much. Can anyone tell me if WX/terrain radar work?

WX works within the limitations of the sim and the API that Asobo made. Similar to what you see in other aircraft that use the same API. Terrian is currently INOP.

fIpes4U.png

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

28 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Apparently RELEASE doesn't mean that MSFS had compiled your WASM into DLLs binaries. As long the cache folder has no DLLs, then it is still running with those intermediate WASM that is meant for development.

Yes, that's my understanding too: Release/Debug it's an indication how the .WASM module has been compiled by the developer, but it's still non-native intermediate code, while the presence of a .DLL indicates the simulator has compiled into native x86 code locally.

So yes, it's possible to have a .wasm code running either in Debug or Release, but also a .DLL compiled in either Debug or Release. Some users seems to have the A310 wasm listed as "Debug", I have it in "Release", but I don't have the .DLL

The ideal situation should be having the .DLL in Release, this should grant the best possible performance.

Edited by virtuali

54 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Can you guys look in this folder and see if your plane compiled correctly? @Swe_Richard @blueshark747@Shack95

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300

it should look like this:

You're on to something here...

Awj6Pja.png

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

33 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

By the way, I am super impressed by iniBuilds support on Discord and forums. They are super responsive and humble, just like Fenix and FBW folks. We need more developers with new fresh blood like those. 

Keep it up iniBuilds! 

Oh man isn't that the truth... fresh blood, passion for their work, deep skills, humility, relating to the customer, and new attitudes all the way! Asobo, Working Title, Fenix, FBW, iniBuilds, etc all leading the new guard of devs in the flight sim community.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

32 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

WX works within the limitations of the sim and the API that Asobo made. Similar to what you see in other aircraft that use the same API. Terrian is currently INOP.

fIpes4U.png

I would much rather have terrain, which I use all the time in the Fenix in mountainous approaches, than weather. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310