Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

6 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

The 310 release is a major disappointment for me in terms of both performance and general completeness. When you first jump in you are deafened by the sounds, if anyone has a realistic sound settings they could share that would be great. I really hope ini improve the aircraft in the coming days, as its current state is just disappointing to say the least.

When flying the FBW A320, my overall sound level set in Windows was at 30%, for the PMDG 737 I'm at 50% and the A310 is extremely loud compared to both (I don't mean engine sounds or wind, but just cockpit sounds).

In the EFB, I've turned everything down to about 10% (default is 50%) when leaving the Windows sound volume at 50% as I'd have it in the PMDG.

• Like 1

Now we need some good AAO scripts for mapping hardware controls. @guenseli where art thou? 🙏

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

6 minutes ago, vin747 said:

where art thou

Short before getting out of my bed, making Coffee then, starting my PC and will then place the A310 the first time at a gate at EDDB to have a first look for framerates and variables 

• Like 9

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, getting out of my bed NOW if there are no further questions 

• Like 6

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

The A310 - well it was one of the first things I deleted.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

9 hours ago, sidfadc said:

What are PMDG doing that others aren't?

Low-rez jpeg textures, the cabin not part of the interior model, etc.,  that's what they're doing. 

A lot of folks seem to be just fine with that.

Edited by Ricardo41

Feels strange in flight, performs strange in situations like engine out, overall disappointed with this A310.

Well, never flown an A310 IRL, so...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

12 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

the cabin not part of the interior model

I couldn't care less if the A310 or any other aircraft has got a cabin or not.
I consider flight simulation being my hobby for 15 years now with approx 200 flights p.a. on average, making it about 3000 flights in total and I have not even once felt the need to "walk" through a cabin. For me, flightsimming is about pretending to acutally fly an aicraft and not to pretend being a passenger.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but tutorial series here: Aircraft Discovery Series 1: Airbus 310-300, Ep. 1: Welcome to the A310 - YouTube

I'm about 10 FPS down compared to the PMDG 737. Only done one short flight with autoland. It worked out okay but was unable to get to the Init B page when setting up the flight.

Simbrief import worked fine.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Init b page works fine for me. 

I know it’s fps heavy but I fly the A310 mostly in Africa or middle east, Pakistan and India. These are the only remaining main operators. So in these places fps is pretty good. 

don’t fly this in lax or egll  that’s asking for trouble. Also no A310 operates in developed countries anymore except may be air transat and they seized ops after Covid.  

A310 freighter may still operate in developed countries though. 

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

V1 simulations did a live stream with A310 flying out of inibuilds Klax. Guess how the experience was.. 😆

Vinod Kumar

Like a hog on ice?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

46 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

I couldn't care less if the A310 or any other aircraft has got a cabin or not.
I consider flight simulation being my hobby for 15 years now with approx 200 flights p.a. on average, making it about 3000 flights in total and I have not even once felt the need to "walk" through a cabin. For me, flightsimming is about pretending to acutally fly an aicraft and not to pretend being a passenger.

In the old days it was not unknown for captains to stroll through the cabin welcoming passengers (and upsetting those who had never heard of autopilot) but I guess that all changed post 9/11. As the A310 initially launched in 1978 I am sure that walkabouts were not unknown in those days.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

4 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Like a hog on ice?

Taxiing is not too bad but I find it a bit squirrely on takeoff.  

I guess this fast wasm load issue may affect other functionality like autopilot or failing from the sky, thus is only fair to test it once they have addressed this issue.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super