Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Vision Jet G2 from FlightFX released!

Really nice plane and well worth the £20.99 paid.

The only area of disappointment is that VNAV mode on the AP does not work. I notice that VNAV within the G3000 is perfect, with correct annunciation of the glide path on the PD etc.    But pressing the VNAV button on the AP does nothing.

Guessing this is a limitation that will be addressed when the new WT G3000 refresh comes out?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

56 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

Thanks for the quick reply. No I’m not talking about the the zoom you work with the mouse, I know that doesn’t work, I’m talking about the zoom you get in vr. There is an actual vr only zoom you can set up a hot key on your yoke or joystick, it works in almost all my planes except the HondaJet. When I get in front of my computer I’ll send you the actual name of the command. In a glass cockpit plane with small screens it works great. Just checked, it's called "VR-COCKPIT FOCUS".

I don't think I've even bound that button.  It zooms into just your instruments or something?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, JYW said:

The only area of disappointment is that VNAV mode on the AP does not work. I notice that VNAV within the G3000 is perfect, with correct annunciation of the glide path on the PD etc.    But pressing the VNAV button on the AP does nothing.

Guessing this is a limitation that will be addressed when the new WT G3000 refresh comes out?

The G3000 is still based on the original....so it's not really ideal for advanced flying.  And yes, it will operate more like the G1000 NXi once WT releases that upgrade.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

13 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I don't think I've even bound that button.  It zooms into just your instruments or something?

I did and it’s great. Just zooms into wherever you are looking while you hold it. 

Eddie
KABQ

13 minutes ago, haskell said:

I did and it’s great. Just zooms into wherever you are looking while you hold it. 

Yes I was only pressing it.  Once I press and hold it zooms in....a bit too close though haha.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

56 minutes ago, JYW said:

On a lot of planes in FS2020 Vnav only works for descent. Not climb.

You have to be established at cruise alt, then you input a lower alt. Once that is done press the Vnav and it should follow the descent path from the flight plan. This works perfectly in the C510 for example.

I have not tried in the G2 yet so I don't know if it works in this plane.

I hope this helps, let us know if this works. I will try myself probably tomorrow.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Its kinda like your mouse wheel zoom, only not infinite, so one zoom level, it zooms in wherever you are looking in your cockpit. I have my VR zoom switch bound to a really handy switch on my yoke and sticks. You must try it, I couldn't live without it.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Yes I was only pressing it.  Once I press and hold it zooms in....a bit too close though haha.

After you get used to it you can look at a point a little bit away from the spot that zooms too close and the look back at your original spot. Takes a little getting used to but once you do you won't be able to live without it. And every plane is different, depending on how the developer has set it up(I think), some work better than others. The HondaJet doesn't have the zoom feature at all, the only drawback to it as far as I can tell. Well I did end up buying the vision jet and I can confirm the vr zoom does work in it. YAY!

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

I believe VNAV will be fixed when WT "refreshes" the G3000, along with a bunch of other enhancements. WT refresh should occur during Jan 2023, and FlightFX will incorporate the latest G3000 into the V Jet in Feb 2023. Hopefully, sooner?

This is going to be a great product!

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

8 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

Great news. One question though. Does the zoom function work with VR in this plane? The one and only reason I don’t fly the wonderful HondaJet is because it doesn’t have zoom in VR, just too hard to read the screens without it. If it zooms in vr I’ll run downstairs and buy it this second.

Just FYI I've been testing an update for the HJet that adds VR Zoom, not sure when the update is public though.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

Great news. One question though. Does the zoom function work with VR in this plane? The one and only reason I don’t fly the wonderful HondaJet is because it doesn’t have zoom in VR, just too hard to read the screens without it. If it zooms in vr I’ll run downstairs and buy it this second.

DP

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

10 hours ago, JYW said:

According to FlightFX (from their Discord) they plan to alter the current G3000 so that it can follow the VNAV implementation that is in there at the moment, so probably not as advanced as the VNAV in the HJET - but it would be an interim measure until the refresh comes out.

9 hours ago, 177B said:

On a lot of planes in FS2020 Vnav only works for descent. Not climb.

You have to be established at cruise alt, then you input a lower alt. Once that is done press the Vnav and it should follow the descent path from the flight plan. This works perfectly in the C510 for example.

I have not tried in the G2 yet so I don't know if it works in this plane.

I hope this helps, let us know if this works. I will try myself probably tomorrow.

No, it currently does not work in the G3000, is advisory only. The exception being in their HJET...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

On 11/29/2022 at 8:22 PM, ryanbatc said:

I flew it in VR...  and if you saw my Reverb G2 review you'll know I have a now "dated" GTX 1080 Ti.  It was really nice in VR - the proportions that I remember from the real one were spot on.  The visuals are amazing.  I like the sounds too.  I eagerly away the G3000 refresh from WT.

Those 1080Tis were beasts. I'd planned to upgrade, but then the pandemic and crypto mining hit and prices went through the roof. I finally pulled the trigger last weekend on a good BF sale, but of course it's gonna take forever to get it shipped here so I'm still on the old 1080..

I was surprised at how well MSFS performs in VR on a card that old, especially with the G2. It's not fantastic, but it's definitely workable until I get the new sim rig built. 

I agree about the plane too - really good in VR. Out of curiosity, did the engine on the real one sound like it does in the sim? It's got an interesting surge to it when I throttle up.

44 minutes ago, eslader said:

Those 1080Tis were beasts. I'd planned to upgrade, but then the pandemic and crypto mining hit and prices went through the roof. I finally pulled the trigger last weekend on a good BF sale, but of course it's gonna take forever to get it shipped here so I'm still on the old 1080..

I was surprised at how well MSFS performs in VR on a card that old, especially with the G2. It's not fantastic, but it's definitely workable until I get the new sim rig built. 

I agree about the plane too - really good in VR. Out of curiosity, did the engine on the real one sound like it does in the sim? It's got an interesting surge to it when I throttle up.

What card did you buy?

The tiny Williams seems pretty accurate to me.  It's just really loud and obnoxious irl hehe.  

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Welp. I was about to step away from my DA40 and TBM930 flying and learn to fly the CJ4 but this thread has just about convinced me to give the VisionJet a go instead.

Or maybe in addition to... 😛