Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Vision Jet G2 from FlightFX released!

I had the honor and pleasure of testing this plane as well as assisting in the development in the paint kit (forthcoming!). FlightFX and Volctech are both composed of consummate professionals and are very receptive and responsive.

I got to test it in VR with my Reverb and, as RyanB said above, it's a treat for the eyes. It's a roomier plane than I thought it would be, but then they did widen her a bit!

Don't forget you have those Bose A20's with ANR (or ANC, was it?) that can be activated via the VAMS page. You can play tunes in peace now with this plane!

Edited by CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger
Grammar
  • Like 5

Sorry if I am wrong, but this plane also use the GTNs? The 3 in the center I have seen people with some buttons grey out and others with them functional.Does this need PMS50 to be bought or gtnxi.. or they are not necesary?

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

27 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Sorry if I am wrong, but this plane also use the GTNs? The 3 in the center I have seen people with some buttons grey out and others with them functional.Does this need PMS50 to be bought or gtnxi.. or they are not necesary?

It uses the G3000 suite so not the GTN products by TDS or PMS. WorkingTitle are going to be releasing a big update for G3000 in very near future (Beta in Dec, Public Release in Jan) and the developers of the plane have said they will be updating the plane to use it when able.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 3

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

The manual is also nicely written, and I like that they show good pics of the folks who developed this plane. Seems like most addon developers prefer not to show their faces. Not sure why. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

I like it. Plane looks like a suppository, though. 😄

avTdC3B.jpg

It kind of does, doesn’t it. Ouch

Edited by jschaper

10 hours ago, jcomm said:

Ok, now ya did it - buying !

I'll pretend I won the lotery, and got one to go from home airfield to work at a big airline company where I am captainzzzz of a320s and 736s .... 😜

You can land that thing at Montijo -- don't worry.  By the way, is Montijo still an air base for Port. Air Force?  Or is it a Navy facility?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Oh man, might have to get this. I will be glad when the G3000/5000 fix is complete. I really hate how I have to select a transition in the Hjet as it messes up some of my flights.

• Like 1

I bought the G2, great plane.

Bit of an UglyDuckling as far as looks. But she flies nice.

Frame rate is very good. The modern avionics work really well popped out to a 4th screen, I will add some air manager controls to this setup as well.

Very easy to fly and can do very short field landings, T/O need a lot more runway though, I have to experiment with low payload and short field technique. Handles X-wind very easily. I like side stick planes a lot. Stalls are very benign, and easy to recover from.

Great visibility on 3 screens plus 4th for instruments, as I usually do. Definitely a keeper.

Edited by 177B
  • Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

20 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I flew it in VR...  and if you saw my Reverb G2 review you'll know I have a now "dated" GTX 1080 Ti.  It was really nice in VR - the proportions that I remember from the real one were spot on.  The visuals are amazing.  I like the sounds too.  I eagerly away the G3000 refresh from WT.

Great news. One question though. Does the zoom function work with VR in this plane? The one and only reason I don’t fly the wonderful HondaJet is because it doesn’t have zoom in VR, just too hard to read the screens without it. If it zooms in vr I’ll run downstairs and buy it this second.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

2 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

Great news. One question though. Does the zoom function work with VR in this plane? The one and only reason I don’t fly the wonderful HondaJet is because it doesn’t have zoom in VR, just too hard to read the screens without it. If it zooms in vr I’ll run downstairs and buy it this second.

I don't think zoom works at all in MSFS with VR active.  You're talking about the mouse wheel zoom in right?  That hasn't worked for me ever so far.  It works in 2D though.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I don't think zoom works at all in MSFS with VR active.  You're talking about the mouse wheel zoom in right?  That hasn't worked for me ever so far.  It works in 2D though.

Thanks for the quick reply. No I’m not talking about the the zoom you work with the mouse, I know that doesn’t work, I’m talking about the zoom you get in vr. There is an actual vr only zoom you can set up a hot key on your yoke or joystick, it works in almost all my planes except the HondaJet. When I get in front of my computer I’ll send you the actual name of the command. In a glass cockpit plane with small screens it works great.

32 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Thanks for the quick reply. No I’m not talking about the the zoom you work with the mouse, I know that doesn’t work, I’m talking about the zoom you get in vr. There is an actual vr only zoom you can set up a hot key on your yoke or joystick, it works in almost all my planes except the HondaJet. When I get in front of my computer I’ll send you the actual name of the command. In a glass cockpit plane with small screens it works great. Just checked, it's called "VR-COCKPIT FOCUS".

Edited by Daytona125