Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

This could/should have been x-plane 12 - more than plausible

9 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

So their market is primarily limited

Not limited, generally priced for. $5,000 for a realistic helicopter in a realistic sim is crazy cheap when it costs $6,000 just to start the engines in a real one.

$150 is expensive for something you will never use.

Unigine, btw, is 6 figures for a simulator install.....

https://unigine.com/get-unigine/

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

15 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Not limited, generally priced for. $5,000 for a realistic helicopter in a realistic sim is crazy cheap when it costs $6,000 just to start the engines in a real one.

$150 is expensive for something you will never use.

Unigine, btw, is 6 figures for a simulator install.....

https://unigine.com/get-unigine/

What, therefore, would you estimate should be the minimum net wealth of anyone thinking of buying (or being allowed to use)  XP?🤪

• Like 1

Just now, jarmstro said:

What, therefore, would you estimate should be the minimum net wealth of anyone thinking of buying (or being allowed to use)  XP?🤪

I go about as far as being very happy that LR can price a direct competitor to Unigine Sim in the sub $100 price bracket for casual users and sub $1000 price bracket for commercial customers.

From what I've seen the vast majority of third party XP devs are not pricing, nor marketing their dev to casual users, working instead directly with manufacturers or large aviation schools....

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

The whole reason the Sagaard Newgen thing happened was that MSFS missed the targets needed to give Microsoft a positive ROI so they pulled their funding back in early 2021.

Link: https://wccftech.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-asobo-studio-invesment-preserve-creative-autonomy/

"Whenever folks start speculating about who Microsoft might purchase next, one name is always top of the list – Asobo Studio.

Microsoft has been snapping up everyone from Obsidian and Double Fine to Bethesda, and yet, the developer of the critically-acclaimed Microsoft Flight Simulator remains on the table. Why is that? Well, it seems it may be a simple case of Asobo not being interested in giving up their independence...

...While anything can happen, it isn’t hard to read between the lines when Asobo talks about “creative autonomy.” It’s pretty clear they are not interested in being outright acquired by anybody at the moment. In addition to Microsoft Flight Simulator, Asobo also had a recent hit with A Plague Tale: Innocence, and it’s been announced they’re reteaming with publisher Focus Home Interactive on a new game.

Seems like Asobo wants to continue with the story-driven stuff and not just become the Flight Sim guys"

Now, that's quite the different take than yours. How was the projected ROI vs actual ROI? Since you seem to know the numbers. I havent found them anywhere. Can you share it? I only want the hard numbers, so no links to counterstrike stats or Linux-related, please. If you don't have them, just reply with "sorry I don't have them".

Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I've heard things about XP cultists but man, this thread is a wild ride. At this point I'm convinced XP will save us all. Or just the worthy people in their private planes anyway.

This filthy casual is now going for a ride in his scenery emulator. See ya'll.

• Like 6

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

19 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Asobo talks about “creative autonomy.”

The usual way that goes in business especially those beholden to MS is, .

Let us buy you for a song now you are bust, or go bust...

Hence my conclusion MS pulled the funding forcing them to find external funding, go bust or get bought.

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Somebody told me to save my key strokes debating with this guy... You can't argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. 

You need to take a page from this book:

22 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

This filthy casual is now going for a ride in his scenery emulator. See ya'll.

and go play with the balsa-glider-flight-model-in-bing-maps... oorrr maybe your peacocking through this forum is an indication of how bored you are of it?

Actually, that does make a ton of sense now that I type it out loud... Maybe you should go practice some failures in the game? Spice things up a bit? Oh wait though...even those don't come anywhere near what XP offers: 

• Upvote 2

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

52 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

critically-acclaimed Microsoft Flight Simulator remains on the table.

A great many of their past flight simulator releases have been 'critically acclaimed'. You xbox kids wouldn't remember that. M$ dumped that studio entirely. The whole group was fired.

As much as Asobo flaps their gums about "creative autonomy", we really don't know the reasons why they haven't been lovingly snatched up in the latest craze of consolidation. It could be just as much that Asobo isn't wanted and had to go elsewhere. M$ would do better to gobble up blackshark ai and meteoblue. Comparing Asobo to Obsidian is easy to do at first, until you look at Obsidian's past playlist. There's no comparison: Obsidian is way more profitable. Asobo vs Bethesda? C'mon....

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Harsh, very harsh. Not sure I would go that far, at the same time not an unjustified assessment.. 

I know, I know, but it's hard to see it any other way. Given how much money has gone into that AI tech (totally understandable) and what the use cases are at the enterprise/government level, it's hard to see the xbox gig as anything but a plaything. Google earth has had a rudimentary flight simulator for many, many years now.

Edited by blingthinger

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Somebody told me to save my key strokes debating with this guy... You can't argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. 

At this point I think they need to start racking up hours with their therapists rather than in the sim...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 minutes ago, Krakin said:

At this point I think they need to start racking up hours with their therapists rather than in the sim...

Oh, believe me, interacting with you folks is my therapy.

• Upvote 1

The sim is my therapy

ya3DmMr.png

Its only weak operating systems that don't support doing more than one thing at once and crash so often requiring a complete reboot its impossible to get anything done.

57 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

it's hard to see the xbox gig as anything but a plaything.

XBOX has struggled for years, their main franchise is still HALO from November 15, 2001, and that hasn't seen much new since then, plus they get hammered by the likes of Valve who actually innovated on their strengths from the late 90s to become the "go to" for PC games purchases... 

"Tech demo" seems very much to fit the bill as attempt to out of that rut. 

Its not a bad tech demo, it just doesn't demo anything new people can already get for less money with no subscription requirements.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

From what I've seen the vast majority of third party XP devs are not pricing, nor marketing their dev to casual users, working instead directly with manufacturers or large aviation schools....

I'd love to see a source for that claim. You saying Flightfactor actually works for Boeing and Airbus and not XP users, if I understand that correctly?

36 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Oh, believe me, interacting with you folks is my therapy.

As we have been in several exchanges since you started here at avsim, let me say, I believe that therapy is not working too well.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

The usual way that goes in business especially those beholden to MS is, .

Let us buy you for a song now you are bust, or go bust...

Hence my conclusion MS pulled the funding forcing them to find external funding, go bust or get bought.

What was the gap between forecasted ROI and actual? 

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 minute ago, SAS443 said:

What was the gap between forecasted ROI and actual? 

We'd have that for a PLC, for an LLC the best you can get is to say that they will have based investment on a positive ROI within say 3 years based on XBOX sales projections that all fell waaay short of the mark.

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/27/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-miss

AutoATC Developer

10 minutes ago, mSparks said:

We'd have that for a PLC, for an LLC the best you can get is to say that they will have based investment on a positive ROI within say 3 years based on XBOX sales projections that all fell waaay short of the mark.

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/27/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-miss

No this is not what I was asking.

I specifically wanted you to give me the numbers. And your reply was "the best you can guess is to say..."

In a real company you would've been shown the door the moment you completed that sentence if any of C-level mgmt wanted hard numbers.

For the last time. Please post the gap where MSFS has failed to achieve Forecasted ROI, subsequently leading to MS stopping funds to Asobo which forced them to seek financial means from Saagard.

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |