Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

This could/should have been x-plane 12 - more than plausible

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

The sim updates for msfs are finished with in 3 months

You spun this identical tale of doom last year about this time. In December of 2021, you hadn't yet seen Asobo's Development Roadmap for 2022, so you "logically" concluded -- and joyously spread the "news" -- that Microsoft was withdrawing funding for MSFS in 2022. The 2023 Development Roadmap for MSFS will be released on January 5th.

• Like 9

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

4 hours ago, blingthinger said:

So you demand to pay your 3rd party devs per ft^2 of wing area? Or is it MGTOW?

I demand nothing. As long as your willingness to pay is still there, it's all good.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

MFS is here to stay, and with a healthy future, I strongly believe, AND! we now have yet another promising platform comming along since LM has given some hints of using the new Unreal technology for their next generation flight simulation platform.

I don't understand this sort os posts where MFS fans give opinions about the insuccess of XP and the way around. It's so childish .... Sorry to say since it comes from guys whose opinions I respect, like @mSparkson the XP fans pool and @abrams_tank on the XP fans one, but honestly, it is so so so useless...

X-Plane 12 is good enough to please those who were always X-Plane adopters, and even to call the atention and bring in many MS FS / P3D users. Same applies to MFS reagarding XP users.

I can't play both, as much as I try, so I totally gave up for a while and have reinstalled Super Mario VR version... 

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

6 hours ago, David Mills said:

you hadn't yet seen Asobo's Development Roadmap for 2022

Ive seen the roadmap for 2023, it came out a few weeks ago, haven't you?

Maybe you missed it?

https://fselite.net/content/world-update-12-announcement/

roadmap2.png

6 hours ago, David Mills said:

that Microsoft was withdrawing funding for MSFS in 2022.

No, [it appears] they withdrew funding in/around January 2021, and that Asobo have been paying for it all themselves since then "to preserve their creative autonomy"

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

11 hours ago, mSparks said:

open art datarefs in XP12 then have a play with

/photometric/ev100

Then try and do the same in XP11...

Also, completely wrong thread, you should post this in

When you are driving around in your car on a sunny day - are you able to see you car stereo, or do you need a flashlight?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

11 minutes ago, espent said:

When you are driving around in your car on a sunny day - are you able to see you car stereo, or do you need a flashlight?

you would know my answer to that question if you actually read the thread linked in the post you just quoted, but I'll repost my current conclusion here anyway 

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Ive seen the roadmap for 2023, it came out a few weeks ago, haven't you?

Maybe you missed it?

https://fselite.net/content/world-update-12-announcement/

Thx for that link mSparks! 

The most important thing I could gather from it are the really tasty free and study/complex level addons and the fact that we now have a much much better GNS 430/530 implementation in MFS, for free!!! than we have in any other platform (for free).

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

11 minutes ago, jcomm said:

now have a much much better GNS 430/530 implementation in MFS, for free!

Indeed. Appears it's funded by  Microsoft due to the fact that WT group is a Microsoft-partner. It even says so in the press-release from March 2021.

Dear Community,
As you may have heard today during the Developer Q&A, Working Title will be officially partnering with
Microsoft to support the ongoing development of MSFS.

We've already had the G1000Nxi (partly paid for by Microsoft, it was in good condition prior to the partnership) ✔️

• Upcoming GNS430/530 (paid for by MS) ✔️
  • Upcoming G3000 (paid for by MS) ✔️
  • Upcoming G5000 (paid for by MS) ✔️
  • Upcoming CJ4 overhaul (paid for by MS) ✔️
  • Upcoming Longitude overhaul (paid for by MS) ✔️

I have no idea how many man-hours the above items requires. 1.000, 5.000?  Who knows, I'm not a developer.
But if it wasn't for MS partnering with WT group, we'd not have these enhancements at all.

Or does the aforementioned item list not count for mSparks? If so, why not? Avionics is an essential part in a simulator.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

12 hours ago, mSparks said:

not sure what you think you are proving by showing not every xp11 art dataref has changed its meaning in xp12, but it certainly doesnt prove the new photometric lighting cant handle lighting beyond the normal dynamic range, which is what photometric lighting means.

I'm trying to demonstrate that the xplane lighting engine is buggy in its methodology of lighting/shadow aircraft interiors.

The new "XP12 photometric lighting" is generating dark cockpits like XP11 did and we have proved it beyond doubt with links and photos.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/122225-very-dark-cockpits/&

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/229494-cockpit-shadows-suddenly-go-dark/

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/226792-cockpit-lighting/

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/246558-cockpit-and-cabin-too-dark/

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/278307-its-too-dark-to-operate-the-panel-even-in-the-middle-of-the-day/#comment-2458513

I wonder... is it so difficult to make this simple reasoning? 🤷‍♂️

Question: Does XP11 have photometric lighting?
Answer: No.
Question: Did XP11 generate dark cockpits?
Answer: Yes.
Question: Were the dark XP11 cockpits considered "realistic lighting" or a bug?
Answer: A bug, unanimously.
Question: Has the XP11 dark cockpits bug been reported?
Answer: Yes, it has been reported for 6 years.
Question: Why was it reported?
Answer: because it was a recognized bug, and everyone wanted it fixed.

Question: Does XP12 have photometric lighting?
Question: Does XP12 generate dark cockpits?
Question: Are the XP12 cockpits considered "realistic lighting" or a bug?
Answer: Realistic lighting
😳

Can you understand the contradiction?
Can you understand the absurdity of this paradox?
A dark representation of the XP12 cockpits cannot be "realistic" and a "bug" at the same time. 

These two simulators are SAME in the representation of internal light/shadow.
So dear fans, make up your own mind.
(Option 1) Both have realistic internal light/shadows.
(Option 2) Both have buggy internal light/shadows.
Please, choose your option. 👍

XP11
x-plane-2020-11-29-15-02-24.jpg

XP12
XP12_Lighting.thumb.jpg.a7631c68fc633d79

• Like 4

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

21 hours ago, rka said:

and Hotstart the... cough... money oriented vendor, selling a bizjet of 1/3 the size for three times the price?

I guess, by your standard the kids should pay Capt Sim $250.00 for that Frankenstein aircraft based on the it size.

Now this is silly logic come for you that you would think a bizjet somehow should cost less without considering how much was put in it just because it small.  Seriously? lol

Edited by BobFS88
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Thx for that link mSparks! 

no worries. I pretty much follow them all in terms of both "is this something I want to use" as well as "is this something to develop for.

Keeping OT, Im sure you've heard me rave about ace combat 7, well, that was a UE4 dev

https://www.unrealengine.com/pt-BR/developer-interviews/ace-combat-7-soars-high-with-ue4-to-become-franchise-s-best-installment

Anyone who hasnt seen the UE5 tech demo for playstation should go watch that now.

Ive had various global simulation stuff bubbling in the background for many years, got my dev wings working on mapping and weather for basically my first (and kinda last) real job for a mapping software developer in Leeds UK, we did all the criminal and criminality tracking software for London Met police.

What always held what I want to do back was the visualisation, so I am genuinely interested in any progress visualising the globe and its weather - and making that easy to seriously dev for and distribute. 

also why

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

study/complex level addons and the fact that we now have a much much better GNS 430/530 implementation

Dont really interest me. They are the "easy" things to do that I have very little patience for not being to a high standard.

I fully expect project antionette to result in a flight simulator (requiring a subscription, but psplus is just part of owning a playstation..) based on UE5, capable of passing Sonys quality control - which neither msfs nor xplane would/can yet. From a user perspective that is pretty exciting, but I'm not holding my breath for it and very unlikely it will be something I dev for.

52 minutes ago, efis007 said:

is buggy in its methodology

not buggy, just missing features like a simulated eye pupil, night vision and moon lighting, all of which Laminar are well aware of, were already discussed in that thread and others, and "dark cockpit" is not part of the missing features/bug, just a result of the pupil dilation being fixed on a setting looking outside. In XP11 you couldnt change the pupil dilation at all, in XP12 you now can but they havent finalised how it will, and it looks like the options will be left open - my 100% preferred solution is one based on openXR eye tracking, which will need openXR getting into the sim first (and me to get a VR headset with eye tracking), but for now and as a worse case the angle between the eye, the horizon and the sun seems to work around the lack of view based pupil dilation.

And once again. wrong thread

I wouldnt be surprised if you have been completely misled by the org, they pretty much ban anyone who actually has a clue what is going on.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

7 hours ago, rka said:

I demand nothing. As long as your willingness to pay is still there, it's all good.

Clearly you are throwing a fit about how much an aircraft addon costs based on its size. I just wondered which size metric you preferred. I'm sure you have other metrics, but this one seems to be most important.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Dont really interest me. They are the "easy" things to do that I have very little patience for not being to a high standard.

The more I read your stuff, the more I get the impression that you might have some sort of narcissistic personality disorder?

A normal individual would have no problems acknowledge other developers work for another Platform.  But for you it's virtually impossible to show some kind of respect for fellow developers whose achievements happens to be on a different sim.

WT worked for free, providing a great service to the FS-freeware community for almost a year.  They were one of the "altruistic freeware" devs you spoke so highly about just days ago.

Remember:

On 12/3/2022 at 2:02 AM, mSparks said:

Most freeware/open licence stuff, regardless of whether its xplane, or flightgear or whatever, is done because the developers enjoy developing, want stuff for themselves (or just to defeat the challenge) and are willing to stomach the BS you get for releasing stuff to the gen pop for the smilies

And look at you now. What a piece of work. I hope you feel some sort of regret of how you worded your post. That is another level of sad than normal "forum bickering".

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

some sort of narcissistic personality disorder?

you otoh, seem like just a lovely person. xx

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

What a piece of work.

I have taken your emotional damage that I have zero interest in the promise of a sim that is incapable of running on any hardware I own finally getting functional avionics by December 2023 into consideration.

And decided that its mildly amusing. 

3 hours ago, SAS443 said:

I have no idea how many man-hours the above items requires.

Im gonna hazard a guess that none of them were billed by blackshark.ai during their unreal engine developments, and that they dont care either. But Im sure there is a forum round here full of people who do care, do let me know how they feel about no sim update 13 in 2023.

Im a bit busy with xplane sim updates every two weeks to keep track.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

No, [it appears] they withdrew funding in/around January 2021, and that Asobo have been paying for it all themselves since then "to preserve their creative autonomy"

Seems to me Meyer withdrew support for X-Plane five years ago or it wouldn't have got so out of date. And why would MSFS need funding from MS if it's making money?