Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

This could/should have been x-plane 12 - more than plausible

On 12/2/2022 at 9:01 PM, SAS443 said:

Most of us already know it was working.

Does jcomm need cyber pats on the back for his finding?  😉

Really? So, why didn't you promote it already earlier, to show what a great simulator MSFS is? However, I have different information on that topic. There, one of the MSFS lead cultists even exposed himself to ridicule, by seeing a "coordinated troll invasion" although not one single X-Plane user was involved.

Apart from that ... it is really heartbreakingly touching 😪, how the creme de la creme of the MSFS cultists is "worried" 😄 about the future of X-Plane and how Laminar should do its business. However, from what I've heard it was this way already in FSX times and earlier. Well ... the dogs bark, but the caravan passes ... 🐫. History is proof.

Edited by flying_carpet
  • Like 2

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

2 hours ago, Cameron XA said:

You're wasting your time.

Guys listen, Cameron XA is correct. I got hold of @mSparks MO a while ago, and knew not to bite into his game. He is essentially winning any debate that you respond to because his "goal" is to frustrate you with baseless statements, diversions etc. So you then spend "your" time researching etc trying to prove him wrong...which he never admits to.

In fact, I just use the hash #notworthit and keep it moving. I don't believe that I have ever responded more than that to his posts.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, OverTheEDJ said:

because his "goal" is to frustrate you with baseless statements, diversions etc.

So do you think the PMDG DC6 will be on XBOX by April 2023?

We've just had about 5 or 6 pages of people trying to divert the topic from the original topic (blackshark switching to Unreal Engine, maybe X-Plane) and the fairly simple observation that PMDGs MSFS ROI is "probably not going to be positive".

But surely the least you can do, when the only remaining tool in your toolbox is to attack the messenger not the message, is to actually, acknowledge what was being discussed.....

12 minutes ago, OverTheEDJ said:

I don't believe that I have ever responded more than that to his posts.

I'll take that silence to mean you don't think that the PMDG DC6 will be on XBOX by April 2023, same as Camerons, thanks for the confirmation. Quote you on it even 🤣

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

5 minutes ago, mSparks said:

So do you think the PMDG DC6 will be on XBOX by April 2023?

We've just had about 5 or 6 pages of people trying to divert the topic from the original topic (blackshark switching to Unreal Engine, maybe X-Plane) and the fairly simple observation that PMDGs MSFS ROI is "probably not going to be positive".

But surely the least you can do, when the only remaining tool in your toolbox is to attack the messenger not the message, is to actually, acknowledge what was being discussed.....

I'll take that silence to mean you don't think that the PMDG DC6 will be on XBOX by April 2023, thanks for the confirmation. Quote you on it even 🤣

#notworthit

"come on guys, its just that simple and easy to deal with his posts".

• Like 3

Of course the DC-6 will be on XBOX by April, but it depends if people have time to test it since we just in the last hours got a free upgrade to the TBM, CJ4 and the Longitude with pretty much 1:1 avionics.

BTW: This upgrade was another one you said would never come.

So much free quality stuff. Hard to choose.

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

25 minutes ago, espent said:

Of course the DC-6 will be on XBOX by April

At least 1 of you has the strength to give an opinion. We'll see, I've given my reasons why I think it wont.

you said would never come.

what?

So much free quality stuff. Hard to choose.

I've seen, just not the kind of quality that is particularly exciting compared to what we've enjoyed for years

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Learning new phrases and chuckling at many! Synonyms for #notworthit 

I think the OP @turbomax checked out a few pages back. Only on AVSim can a well intended post with potential for fruitful discussion to improve and explore possibilities for a simulator be twisted and turned into I guess …. call it whatever! Blue skies gents!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

2 minutes ago, Doering said:

a well intended post with potential for fruitful discussion

after over 300 replies and 9.000 views!

thank you Doering!

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

18 minutes ago, mSparks said:

what?

I've seen, just not the kind of quality that is particularly exciting compared to what we've enjoyed for years

What the actual hell do you mean by "what"? You have been telling fairytales that development would stop for MSFS and now they just released and Avionics package for free the leaves other sims in the dust.

Or are you just gonna pretend you never said that as well? 

Edited by espent
  • Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

3 minutes ago, Doering said:

Learning new phrases and chuckling at many! Synonyms for #notworthit 

I think the OP @turbomax checked out a few pages back. Only on AVSim can a well intended post with potential for fruitful discussion to improve and explore possibilities for a simulator be twisted and turned into I guess …. call it whatever! Blue skies gents!

The problem is, MSparks hijacks EVERY thread here in the XP12 forum, and it puts people off. His couple of followers that he has backing him up don't help the situation either. This isn't really an avsim problem, its an XP12 sub forum issue that kinda needs resolved if you ask me. Sure it can get heated elsewhere, but this is ridiclious! 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

MSparks hijacks EVERY thread here in the XP12 forum

That AC7 on the PS5 video and the OP are both Unreal Engine, FYI. Perhaps if you were actually paying attention the conversation you might have noticed

13 minutes ago, espent said:

You have been telling fairytales that development would stop for MSFS

I have said for years I will maybe care about MSFS if and when they are better in a meaningful way than something I actually want to try, or offer something I don't already have, but that I expect them to stop well before that.

This topic is more about flight simming on Unreal Engine, TBH.

However, you specifically said:

46 minutes ago, espent said:

This upgrade was another one you said would never come.

What upgrade, what upgrade came that I said wouldn't? Not including that all I see is downgrades and people pretending to themselves MSFS is something it obviously isn't and obviously never will be. I've flown over my houses, the graphics were waaaay better than anything offered by installing stuff from Microsoft.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

actually, mSparks just did it, he is on my ignore list now, although I do admire his contribution to the hobby, his wanderings and baseless assumptions are putting people more often then not of track and they (the discussions, not the people 😉 ) usually start to degenerate from the moment he enters the scene.

I would vote to lock this thread, it went way over due.

Edited by soaring_penguin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, soaring_penguin said:

actually, mSparks just did it, he is on my ignore list now, although I do admire his contribution to the hobby, his wanderings and baseless assumptions are putting people more often then not of track and they usually start to degenerate from the moment he enters the scene.

I would vote to lock this thread, it went way over due.

Please!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, flying_carpet said:

Apart from that ... it is really heartbreakingly touching 😪, how the creme de la creme of the MSFS cultists is "worried" 😄 about the future of X-Plane and how Laminar should do its business. However, from what I've heard it was this way already in FSX times and earlier. Well ... the dogs bark, but the caravan passes ...

OP's subject naturally invites the Asobo devotees. I don't think they are worried.

The insults (mental health, mental retardation, drug abuse, etc.) and the "alligator tears" about being frustrated with thread content, indicate that they're either struggling with life in general (e.g. retirees not acknowledging what's coming), bored to tears with their flight sim/forum of choice, or are encouraged to troll/insult in another forum because....that one I don't know. Either there's money luring them or it's just classic gang behavior? 

Whatever it is, watching them flop all over Sparks' posts is far more amusing than anything Sparks has said, regardless of any speculative nature. I'm also sure Avsim isn't complaining about the ad revenue from the page hits!

Not holding any breath for UE's newfound toy. Ortho4xp is all that might be needed and with the latest ground textures coming in 12, isn't needed as often.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...