Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Loving the bad weather in the UK right now!

45 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

maybe not north north , but south north loads of it ! 😬

There is only one true north. And that’s anything north of Leeds 😉

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

33 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

You live in a country where you get heavy snow most days in winter every year. The UK gets a few days of snow that settles every 5-10 years. Big difference.

Our infrastructure just isn't designed to deal with snow. Plus everyone who's trained on winter ops doesn't get the same level of experience as our northern continental neighbours.

BTW, this is a *lot* of snow for us in the UK.
EGSS, last night:
stansted-snow-1.jpg

Why is he scooping the snow away and revealing black Ice underneath, making it more difficult to walk. It’s easier to walk in the powder. Speaking from decades of experience skiing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Why is he scooping the snow away and revealing black Ice underneath, making it more difficult to walk. It’s easier to walk in the powder. Speaking from decades of experience skiing. 

Because...

35 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

...everyone who's trained on winter ops doesn't get the same level of experience as our northern continental neighbours.

See also:
https://content-eu.invisioncic.com/d321955/monthly_2022_12/20221211_224319.mp4.2d6f07c99b7594f4e9b6d9c295597935.mp4

This is a noteable part of the reason we struggle with weather that other countries would consider 'standard winter weather' / 'barely winter weather'.
The amount of snow that fell in just a couple of hours yesterday was significant for us.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

27 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It is an obligation, all access to places receiving from the public must be cleared of snow. (Airport, hospitals, monument, administrative places, etc...)

Edited by guibru
  • Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

30 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

There is only one true north. And that’s anything north of Leeds 😉

well i suppose everyone's a southerner to you lol

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

You live in a country where you get heavy snow most days in winter every year. The UK gets a few days of snow that settles every 5-10 years. Big difference.

Our infrastructure just isn't designed to deal with snow. Plus everyone who's trained on winter ops doesn't get the same level of experience as our northern continental neighbours.

BTW, this is a *lot* of snow for us in the UK.
EGSS, last night:
stansted-snow-1.jpg

Im just pulling your legs guys:p. Im perfectly aware snow in UK is a rare event:). 

In the southern part of my own country, every year around the time snow arrive we get news on TV of chaos on the roads, people not being prepared and drive of the road. We from the northern part always laugh, "look at those fools, why arent they putting winter tires, they know its coming:p". Thruth is they are less used to snow compared too the north, so they always come less prepared:D. It is an every year event, lol

• Like 3

@V1ROTA7E what are you using for AI?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Talking about snow. Just about to start todays flight, and: 

FBOXQcN.jpg

HjiNnwu.jpg

That looks quite realistic to me. And it corresponds well with the METAR: 

Wind 120° 4kt. Visibility 7sm. Light snow. Clouds scattered 2700ft, overcast 3400ft. Temperature -2°C, dew point -7°C. Altimeter 29.6inHg.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Agree on the orange glow in thick cloud conditions definitely needs addressing. Probably the only issue I have with the lighting system which on the whole is the best it’s been.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

well i suppose everyone's a southerner to you lol

I'm in Central Scotland and even I don't consider myself to be in the 'proper North'...you guys are practically on the equator 😆

• Like 4

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

The Sim is just awesome …who wud of thought hey that you would have a flight simulator so good….bloody amazing ….love it😀👍 ….some clever people working on this sim and all the mods etc…absolutely brilliant! 

• Like 1

Regards

Paul EGCC

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

I'm a fan of the RVR in this sim, feels realistic in this sim.
And then you get the breakout from the fog layer when climbing...

Agreed...they have really improved this in the last couple updates.  I made some interesting approaches through ground fog and low viz the last couple days in the NE US.....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

57 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

This is a noteable part of the reason we struggle with weather that other countries would consider 'standard winter weather' / 'barely winter weather'.

Well, there‘s always a positive side.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/29/1059787296/dozens-of-strangers-were-snowed-in-at-a-u-k-pub-cue-the-oasis-singalongs

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

5 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

No snow in the North...

No snow(fall) in Durham, but plenty of snow on the ground.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

And because bad weather can be fun and challenging, me and some others are calling for the implementation of historic weather in MSFS. Imagine you are at the workplace when you see this thread or when there are some special weather conditions, but once you are back home, they are gone. Wouldn't it be nice if you had historic weather available that allowed you to recreate conditions from a specific day?  That way, you can repeat flights under these conditions. Something to think about for the folks who say "MSFS doesn't need historic weather".

• Like 2