Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

i9 13900KF + RTX4090 owners MSFS settings

5 hours ago, gabriel122 said:

Are you using 2k or 4k resolution?  TAA plus DLSS FG? at which mode? super, quality, balance? please tell me that. I'm with ROG 4K 144HZ  32 "monitor as main and Philips 2K 165HZ 24" as secondary. Do you cap the FPS?  

4K full-screen, DLSS with FG on, Performance, V-SYNC off, no FPS cap.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

35 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

4K full-screen, DLSS with FG on, Performance, V-SYNC off, no FPS cap.

and btw, did you ever try using TAA with FG? see any difference between DLSS and TAA?   Thanks

1 hour ago, gabriel122 said:

and btw, did you ever try using TAA with FG? see any difference between DLSS and TAA?   Thanks

I did try TAA, but decided to stay with DLSS. There is a small improvement in sharpness with TAA, but adding a bit of AMD Fidelity Sharpening took care of that.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

On 1/31/2023 at 7:07 PM, Drumcode said:

I changed to 4090 with absolutely no issues as in CTD etc. Running on HX1000 PSU.

I have HX1200 with 4090: I used two power cables, each with two 6+2's.  Should I use 4 separate cables rather than doubling up to avoid CTD's?  Thanks.

On 12/26/2022 at 2:55 PM, ryanbatc said:

With the rtx 40xx cards and frame generation it is now possible to get smooth performance nearly everywhere (as long as you're not in VR because fg is inop).

If fg is disabled then it can be tricky to always get 30 fps in 4k.

Hey Ryan, to get the stellar performance I keep hearing about, by using frame generation, is this only possible by switching on DLSS? Because from where I sit, this is not an option for me due to the dreadful smearing of the rolling dials in the PMDG 738.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

51 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hey Ryan, to get the stellar performance I keep hearing about, by using frame generation, is this only possible by switching on DLSS? Because from where I sit, this is not an option for me due to the dreadful smearing of the rolling dials in the PMDG 738.

no, you can keep TAA and frame generation ON. Also DLSS is not an option for me.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

7 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

no, you can keep TAA and frame generation ON. Also DLSS is not an option for me.

Sure, sorry if my question wasn't clear, I am asking, is it necessary to have DLSS turned on to benefit from frame generation?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

11 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Sure, sorry if my question wasn't clear, I am asking, is it necessary to have DLSS turned on to benefit from frame generation?

No. You can use TAA, as @ttbq1 indicated. 

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I feel like I'm one of the unfortunate few that gets massive shimmering at some airports with TAA on.  It seems very dependent on how airports are made but TAA is unusable for me.  The panel ghosting is way more tolerable than the shimmering.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

6 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

I feel like I'm one of the unfortunate few that gets massive shimmering at some airports with TAA on.  It seems very dependent on how airports are made but TAA is unusable for me.  The panel ghosting is way more tolerable than the shimmering.

I had this too on 1440p monitor and TAA. I have 4090 and 13900KS CPU. Enable DLSS and set both primaryscaling and secondaryscaling to 1.500000 in usercfg.opt. I have very good results with that and no shimmering. Just try it or play with those scaling values on your setup.