Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Merry Christmas! Wishes for MSFS in 2023?

Merry Christmas everyone!

2022 saw Asobo/MS make some significant progress in capabilities in the base platform. It also saw the arrival of complex airliners, helicopters and gliders.

What are your reasonable wishes that you most want to see from the sim and add-on market in 2023?

I'll start:

• Cirrus cloud layers in live weather
  • A more flexible camera system (not reliant on drone cam)
  • Gusts and turbulence to be refined (too much in some calm weather and not enough in stormy conditions)
  • FBW A380
  • A2A Piper Cherokee (or something similar)
Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

There are a couple of things I would like to see improved, added or removed:

• Please let ATIS/ATC give us pressure information in millibar where necessary. It is totally annoying I get pressure in hectopascal when flying in Europe. Actually because of this I have stopped flying in Europe. Only the US for me now...
  • A2A aircraft of course, but they are getting close, so that will happen in 2023

And then everything mentioned in the video below:

• Like 3

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

A very Merry Christmas to all my fellow flight Simmers.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

My biggest and only wish:

- rewrite the buggy AI traffic system 😅

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I can only echo what others have already said, better ATC/AI system. That would also include more voices, maybe with regional accents.

* VR Regressions fixed once and for all

* Horizon line bug dealt with

* Seasons to finally make an appearance

* Shared Cockpits

* More emphasis on VR feature requests

* Height Map on the World Map

* Live Weather improvements to get it back to the state of pre-SU7 when it was better

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Thanks and Merry Xmas to you in return

From Asobo :

- a friendlier record and replay module

- a World map starting screen with a toolbar  instead of the tiresome nested menus

- that they continue to work on the heli model, improve the Cabri and make a large Airbus heli

- perfecting the flow of air masses over the relief (including hedges, buildings 😀)

- no more green roads ! 

- a fully loaded Greece WU with plenty of archeological sites

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

• DX12 to be fully implemented
  • PMDG 777
  • Connectivity pop up to be less obvious, in the upper left or right hand corner would be nice
  • Performance adjustments such as make the sim more balanced on what hardware it uses, as currently it seems very CPU dependent
  • HD star textures, they all look a blurry mess at the moment
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ops Normal said:

Ability to get weather from airfields without METAR reports.

Ability to get the weather anywhere would be great for helicopter flying. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I’ll say AI/ATC improvements and a fix for the issue of disappearing airports etc that seems to be caused by some limit on simobjects.

Addon wise lots of good stuff to look forward to but the PMDG 777 stands out for me.  

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

At least some night lighting (mostly in ramp) for default aiports. Not being able to see anything at night at the airports is the n°1 immersion breaker for me.

• Like 3

i3-12100F - 32GB RAM DDR5 - GTX 1660 Super - LG Ultrawide 29'' 2560 x 1080. Windows 10 Home.

MSFS 2020. Aircraft: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Asobo ATR 42/72, FBW A32NX, Just Flight Turbo Arrow.

Fix the snow coverage issue and make it more realistic.  Also airports with snow that are not completely covered in snow and all white.  

cirrus clouds. 

wx radar 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, F737MAX said:

What are your reasonable wishes that you most want to see from the sim and add-on market in 2023?

Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄

On top of my list is a much better implementation of ATC. I wish they could give it some attention, squashing the many current bugs (sudden loss of voices, same controller voice and AI pilots voice etc) as well as more dialects, using the Azure text to speech technology.

Of course there are several payware alternatives, but each have their cons and I can’t seem to decide on any of them. I think there’s a lot of promise in default ATC once it gets an overhaul.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

56 minutes ago, vitolo said:

At least some night lighting (mostly in ramp) for default aiports. Not being able to see anything at night at the airports is the n°1 immersion breaker for me.

I've always assumed this was by design to encourage sales of 3rd party airport upgrades, but yes it would be welcomed if that were not the case!

My wish list includes...

• More variety in speech for default ATC.  The main guy sounds so goofy, not like any ATC one would hear in the RW.  Sounds like he is reading from a script with very wrong inflections
  • A simple (keypress!) Tower View and Fly-By view like we had in FSX/P3D.  I loved it there and miss it here, and so easy to create for Asobo
  • Improved cloud textures to allow those w/ the hardware to render more complex clouds with finer resolution, cirrus clouds, to be able to do it.  This sim released now over 2y ago and hardware continues to improve so scaling up detail (weather and scenery) would be welcomed by those who can take advantage
  • Shader-driven seasonal changes which look at geolocation and elevation data and create vegetation changes that fit.  I've always supported the idea of having all the 'basics' (weather, ATC, seasons) in-sim.
  • Would love to be able to bring up arrival airport METAR from anywhere, anytime, rather than have to wait until you're in range to pick it up.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X