Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

A2A lead tester's thoughts on MSFS & flight simming in 2023

I suspect the Commanche is their test bed for the core engine "Accu Sim" future.

They are rigorously testing this and once right(happy) and released i would say the next projects would be quicker 

I am waiting patiently for this plane..

Edited by davenicoll
added to
  • Like 1

Let's hope they don't wait too much longer. There have been a few GA aircraft released recently (e.g., Black Square Bonanza and Baron) that are of "nearly A2A quality"

• Upvote 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Just now, AviatorMan said:

Let's hope they don't wait too much longer. There have been a few GA aircraft released recently (e.g., Black Square Bonanza and Baron) that are of "nearly A2A quality"

I owned the Comanche in P3D and flew it allot. Now I am flying mostly the PMDG 737, but when I go to GA flying I use the C 310, and the Kodiak. I will probably pass on buying the Comanche again. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Black Square, while really good for what it attempts to do, is no where near A2A quality.  Take a look at the features section on their Comanche website and you’ll see what I mean.

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 6/10/2023 at 4:55 PM, Epgd said:

Hi.... so is there any news, update?

Here are some of latest updates/posts from the A2A team on their forum threads:

May 18 (re: Comanche): "The Comanche for MSFS integrated into Accusim is the most difficult program we have ever attempted. If we just wanted an ordinary Comanche we could have released one a year ago. We realize it's been a LONG time in the pipeline and we are well aware that the entire community is chafing at the bit and getting very impatient with us. I myself have been here on the forum many times asking for the community to be patient and that what will emerge coming out of the Beta will be ground breaking. Trust me......it will. I've seen it myself and what I have seen is better than even we could have imagined.
About the upcoming videos;
The reason it is taking a long time is that even the videos will be ground breaking. These are no ordinary tutorials. Scott has been working VERY hard on these. They will be a series of videos explaining in a depth never before seen or heard done for flight simulator. The depth of knowledge contained in these videos is unbelievable. There are audio/visual programs used for actual flight training that don't come close to the quality and depth of these videos. People watching these videos will emerge knowing more about flying and more about the Comanche than has ever been released to the sim community.
I'd like to tell you all this will be done by tomorrow but I won't. I will tell you the videos and the Comanche both are deep in development and will be released soon.
I will also tell you that from what I have seen and discussed personally with Scott, the A2A Comanche when released will set a standard never before seen on a flight simulator.
Dudley Henriques
"

June 12 (re: Comanche): "I would just note that we're deep at work in the final stages on the Comanche. As I've said many times before, we could have released it before now but we want this plane to be something above and beyond anything we have yet released. Accomplishing this goal has been as difficult a road as any developer has yet traveled in my opinion.
I realize people have been very patient with us and expectations are high. NOBODY wants to see the Comanche released more than we do.
There have been problems of course. What we are attempting with this plane is in every sense of the word a prototype.
I can tell people it's close. We're almost there. I won't ask people to be patient any more. That's up to you folks. I will tell you I've seen what we have done in flight and it's AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!
Dudley Henriques
"

June 12 (re: MSFS 2024): "Going out on a limb here just a bit as I haven't been "officially advised". LOL
I honestly believe people need have no fear that FS2024 will null and void all about 2020 and developers add ons for 2020. Seriously......Microsoft isn't THAT stupid.......to word not allowed off their entire fan base in one fell swoop.........I don't think so.
What I'm looking for out of the 2024 release will most likely be a MAJOR MAJOR update with improvements in scenery that have to be seen to be believed and new adventures for the sim user to enjoy.
I am NOT looking for add on aircraft to suddenly be declared obsolete and null and void. I'm pretty sure Microsoft will see to it that what was purchased for 2020 can be used in 2024 with either no or very little financial transition required.
I can tell you that in the event this WASN'T the manner in which people were handled when the new sim arrives I for one would be the loudest voice in the industry raised in protest.
So hang in there gang. Don't give up on Microsoft quite yet. :-))))))))))))
Dudley Henriques
"

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

It seems fully external flight models are possible and are how some of the early helicopters (FlyInside Bell 47 and anything using AirlandFs) were implemented so as to get around shortcomings of the native flight model capability prior to native rotary wing support.  MSFS was simply the rendering "host" that gets attitude and position data injected from the external program.  It even made for some unexpected side effects in early AirlandFS helis wherein the application didn't verify that you were actually in a supported helicopter and thus allowed you to put your Cessna 172 in a hover (fixed shortly after Airland was made available)  What A2A is doing in that regard doesnt sound too unique at this point.  Just time consuming and a tad late to the party.

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I’ve a feeling A2A are about to raise the bar, but time will tell ! 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

I just hope a lot of that 'raising the bar' is more focus on the maintenance side of things and immersion in doing the walk-around.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 hours ago, Stoopy said:

It seems fully external flight models are possible and are how some of the early helicopters (FlyInside Bell 47 and anything using AirlandFs) were implemented so as to get around shortcomings of the native flight model capability prior to native rotary wing support.  MSFS was simply the rendering "host" that gets attitude and position data injected from the external program.  It even made for some unexpected side effects in early AirlandFS helis wherein the application didn't verify that you were actually in a supported helicopter and thus allowed you to put your Cessna 172 in a hover (fixed shortly after Airland was made available)  What A2A is doing in that regard doesnt sound too unique at this point.  Just time consuming and a tad late to the party.

So yes the only known way to do fully external flight modelling with MSFS is to use it as a display port by slewing the aircraft in its 3D space, but is that really what the FlyInside Bell 47 is doing though? They might be bypassing the MSFS native helicopter flight model and just using the general FDE maybe (I don't really know about FlyInside, does it have a flight_model.cfg? if so then it's using the core flight model).

If only using MSFS as a display port, then whatever external flight model also has to simulate its own weather/etc... in order to fully interact with the MSFS weather and its atmospheric airflow modelling, the aircraft's flight model has to be built atop the core MSFS FDE.

A2A have been asked (including by me) and they haven't given any details or overview about how they've designed/implemented AccuSim yet.. but if I were to guess, their AccuSim engine sits atop the core MSFS FDE and then Comanche specific code sits atop AccuSim. They also probably have systems code running as part of AccuSim that could sit completely external to MSFS as that of course is very possible (i.e. Fenix).

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Which will come first:

A2A Comanche?

Star Citizen full release?

George R.R. Martin's Winds of Winter?

Edited by Muwarr90
Misspelling
  • Like 1

Quoting from the analysis above by Dudley Henriques:

"Taking a close look at what a good flight simulator must have, the first requirement isn’t what you might think. It’s a totally believable world in which to fly. And NO, this doesn’t mean the other components aren’t important because they are. Every single person who buys a flight simulator MUST believe when they see the program on the screen for the first time that they are looking at the real world. Microsoft has done that. That first all important factor is there. MSFS2020 is BELIEVABLE from a real world standpoint."

I am very happy to see this comment from a professional flight sim evaluator, and I could not agree more. When all is said and done, nothing is more important than having a real world environment to fly in. And this is, at present, possible only in MSFS 2020 and nowhere else. Flight dynamics, weather, ATC -- have always been important, but MSFS has moved flight simming into a new era and there is no going back. The scenery has to be real. Period.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2