Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

PMDG - Randazzo Interview

6 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

it is almost full power, but that does not matter, fact is that power applied is far too high comparing to speed deficiency and VNAV system largly overshot set limit

I have it on 747

There are ways of managing that though.  Why don't you just speed intervene and set the speed-bug to where the speed is happy to settle at.  You wont get the overspool.

Of course u can, but is it so that VNAV is designed and introduced to avoid pushing u for being inventive?

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

At the moment to get some simulator practice time in for real world 787 sim checks I’m having to maintain a P3D installation and 3 different aircraft.

1) QW 787 for the HUD scan and going through memory item drills and circuits

2) PMDG 777 to handle things like engine failure in cruise and drift downs , specific system failures and using the electronic checklists , also for engine out work and go arounds. The QW 787 doesn’t do any of these too well

3) PMDG 747-8 for IAN approaches 

It would be so nice to have a proper 787 or at the very least a PMDG 777 in the ‘new’ MSFS soon.

Just my own personal problem I know so mustn’t grumble.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

Well, you've listed about 4 separate releases there.   I don't know which bit of the interview you actually listened  to but the 777-200/F is definitely on the cards for this year.  And typically the 300ER follows shortly after.

Just in the interest of clarity....You're quoting me quoting someone else there, buddy. I didn't write that.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

At the end of the day, you're paying $50-$100 (or whatever) for 4 years of use (and beyond).   You can spend that in 3 hours on a night out in London.    

I have been flying (all) versions of the PMDG 737NGX for 8 years in P3D, and I am still thoroughly enjoying it. The value for money that I have obtained over that time period is insane!

• Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, Beardyman said:

After many years of supporting PMDG with my money i have stopped being their fan.

Basically they have lost me due to their broken promises for P3D... For me PMDG fell from absolutely 'top developer' to 'good but unreliable' one.

I felt the same when they abandoned the J41. They never made an FSX SE installer for the J41 or got it compatible with their Ops Centre, they stopped customers using it in 32 bit P3D without offering any solutions, then when 64 bit P3D came along they got it working in v4 to some extent and showed it off, then just went radio silent.

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Zero time to listen to interview. Can someone confirm if anything was said regarding the 757 coming to MSFS?

Eric 

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

Zero time to listen to interview. Can someone confirm if anything was said regarding the 757 coming to MSFS?

Nothing confirmed nor denied.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Essentially Randazzo said they would have had the 757 out for P3D by now if not for MSFS. That they work on the planes they want to do, not what the market demands, because developing gets boring, and that they'll decide what's next after the 747 once they finish the 747, but that they do want to do the 757, among a long list of other favorites.

• Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

5 hours ago, WestAir said:

because developing gets boring

Pretty much it is reflected by their portfolio - the last original and brand new product was made by them beginning of 2017, from that year we have only expansion packs and compatibility updates.

For 6 years we have no new plane from PMDG.

• Upvote 2

Artur 

5 hours ago, Farlis said:

But considering that Flightsimmers are on average over 50 years old….

Not to get off topic, but fun fact… that is actually incorrect. According to the 2022 survey, 50+ is less than half of flight simmers. The average simmer is actually between 20-45 years old. Ok, end of fun fact hahaha.

Link for anyone who is curious: 

2022 Navigraph Survey Link

• Like 4

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

My post was kinda directed towards Paul K and Gazzareth who had posted just before. @Jazz's credentials as an appropriately sweary Brit are not in question 🙂

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

My post was aimed at Paul K and Gazzareth who had posted just before. @Jazz's credentials as an appropriately sweary Brit are not in question 🙂

😄

I was aware of that buddy, well, I didn't assume it was aimed at anyone in particular anyway. I was just conversing 😉