Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

For me, FS Traffic performance is much better than FSLTL. I mean, way, way better. While FSLTL eats almost 10 fps just to inject 3-4 aircraft on the ground, FS Traffic consumes less than half of that to inject 100% traffic, with up to 7x more aircraft on the ground.

I'm quite satisfied with the performance. I didn't even need to open the fps counter to know if I was having better performance because I could feel right away that it was much smoother, as if there was no traffic at all. There are still a few annoying bugs like no traffic appearing at airports sometimes, but I'm sure they'll be fixed soon.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Can I create, or is there at least historical flight plans, for GA aircraft? Are there any GA models included? The thing most lacking for me in MSFS in terms of GA traffic is the complete lack of it. Anyone who's flown IRL out of their local small airport knows how busy it gets in terms of small to medium sized GA flights, especially during the summer months and on the weekends.

• Like 2

Andrew Walker

15 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Can I create, or is there at least historical flight plans, for GA aircraft? Are there any GA models included? The thing most lacking for me in MSFS in terms of GA traffic is the complete lack of it. Anyone who's flown IRL out of their local small airport knows how busy it gets in terms of small to medium sized GA flights, especially during the summer months and on the weekends.

Nope not yet.

You are better off using FSLTL with one of these addons running alongside it in ai offline mode.

https://secure.simmarket.com/simflea-offline-ga-traffic-msfs.phtml

https://secure.simmarket.com/taburet-c.america-caribbean-s.america-ga-traffic-msfs.phtml

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

From AIG to....never mind, I'm happy with AIG.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

3 hours ago, ParisHL said:

I'd be interested to see the FPS difference between this and FSLTL having used the texture resizing on the latter. I reduced all the aircraft textures from 4k to 2048 using this, and reduced the size of FSLTL from 28gb to like 6gb and improved frame rates as a result. No idea why the makers of FSLTL don't offer the option of reduced textures.

Yeah 4096 on AI is really not necessary. Unless you are really into AI, most of us just catch a quick glimpse of some sitting at the next gate or moving around in the background. 2048 maximum I reckon is adequate. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

One thing I've noticed about FSLTL is that while it injects planes using FR24, it doesn't seem to inject ALL of them in your vicinity based on RL.  For example, there could be 12 planes in the area according to FR24, but FSLTL might only inject half of those---so the skies should be a bit busier in the sim than they are.

For those that have FS Traffic working, are the skies filled up relatively well, given how they're based on pre-existing flight schedules?

Also, do you see traffic around you when enroute to your destination?

Pretty disappointed with this so far. Where I fly in Asia seems to be missing lots of flights from the schedule and for example RCTP looks really off with nearly 100% China airlines and no Eva Air at all. Combined with no 757/767 I would recommend holding off on purchasing this until they make more updates to models / liveries / schedules. 

• Like 2

I finally got to a point where it's stable and running after all the issues yesterday. Sure not play well with GSX turned the ground services to bare minimum in FS Traffic(Pushback only) this helped with crashes. When it comes to restarting the sim after each flight to get traffic injection working. I found a way that worked. Before going back to main menu remove all traffic. Change airport and select regenerate it will not do anything in the first try but if you remove and regenerate again you'll start to see this without closing the sim and restarting.

3 hours ago, edu2703 said:

While FSLTL eats almost 10 fps just to inject 3-4 aircraft on the ground

That is so foreign here.  I have analyzed the heck out of it and it's 3-5 FPS no matter how much local traffic, which in my situation is <=14 in a 50km radius.  I often see 3-6 in the air in the vicinity and several taxiing in the bigger airports.  I wonder why so different...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'm curious - how is the night lighting as far as compared to FSLTL? I watched the video, but I've had issues where you can't see aircraft on the ground because their nav lights are invisible on the aircraft and only reflect off the ground. Also, if you try to zoom in on a plane, their lights disappear. Any better with FSTraffic?

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

8 hours ago, Corsten said:

Really? Didnt know that. What the source for the flightplans?

Presumedly it's generated from Flightaware's data.

Edited by Tuskin38

7 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Placebo. It fixes diddly squat.

Placebos don't have an actual observable effect. I haven't had any invisible sim object issues since turning off extra ground clutter.

If that doesn't work, then sim object limit isn't the issue.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

My original excitement is dampened by this thing consistently refusing to populate any traffic now. If I open the FSTraffic menu it defaults to 0% and no matter what I do, including changing airports or restarting the sim, it never comes back. Nothing has changed, and yet it's broken. Fiddled with GSX / Ground clutter and nothing doing.

Here's hoping there's a fix out soon.

• Like 2