Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

3 hours ago, John JF said:

Hello. The radius aircraft are spawned on the ground isn't be something we have control over but we did reduce the default time before departure value from 180 mins to 90 mins. This might be why this behaviour is more obvious. Please feel free to change this as you wish. We can always report this as a bug to Asobo. 

As you've seen update V1.0.2 is now live. Changelog is as follows.

Core Installer (v1.0.2):

• Fixed compatibility issue with the FS Traffic In-Game Menu causing CTDs with other third-party in-game panels (a very big thank you to Fabio at FlightControlReplay for helping us discover and fix this issue).

• Added an alternative way to set your destination airport in the Traffic Control Centre (this will serve as a workaround should any additional conflicts arise and will serve as a workaround for VR users who may not be able to access the MSFS toolbar).

• Fixed an issue where the FS Traffic module would crash when changing aircraft and/or liveries in the MSFS Main Menu, preventing aircraft from generating at the departure and arrival airports.

• Fixed an issue where the FS Traffic module data would not be correctly reset between flights if the user was particularly quick in navigating through various MSFS menus.

• Various changes to default settings in an attempt to reduce the likelihood of traffic generating invisible at the departure airport.

-Fixed unhandled exception error in the Traffic Control Centre when trying to add a new route that already exists.

Traffic Fleet Installer (v1.0.1):

• No changes from previous build (no uninstall/reinstall required)

Thank you all

John - Just Flight.

Hello John. 

Is traffic density being stuck at 100% fixed? And how to properly change the density? Should we reset the flight, restart the sim, or it's changing in real time? Also, is there any cfg file where density value is saved, so it can be edited manually? 

Thanks! 

Edited by Pe11e
  • Like 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

This update fixed my injection issue. Before the update, FS Traffic only worked if I did a workaround which was to delete FS Traffic files in the AppData folder after every flight if I wanted to have traffic on the next flight.

Now it's working fine without needing that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pe11e said:

Hello John. 

Is traffic density bring stuck at 100% fixed? And how to properly change the density? Should we reset the flight, restart the sim, or it's changing in real time? Also, is there any cfg file where density value is saved, so it can be edited manually? 

Thanks! 

It is now fixed for me.  By the way, the way it worked for me was to remove traffic on the menu, reset the slider to say 50% and then hit regenerate traffic.  Traffic reloaded and it was substantially reduced.

Edited by toddl
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, toddl said:

And how to properly change the density?

It seems that there are two settings that control the number of aircraft injected. That density slider and also the Time Before Departure Value on the Options tab. The higher the TBDV (I set it to 120), the more AI flights get included based on their departure time compared to the sim local time.

7 hours ago, John JF said:

As you've seen update V1.0.2 is now live.

Warning to others who have added custom flight plans. After upgrading to v1.0.2, my custom flight plans and routes are gone! I submitted a ticket.

17 hours ago, pete_auau said:

yep  your  right  on the  25  Jan 2020 l

Which was winter 2019 season.  Hence why I said it. 

14ppkc-6.png

when u guys did the update did u uninstall the original first ? I don't want to mess things up now, since I have it working

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

48 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

when u guys did the update did u uninstall the original first ?

The new version install automatically uninstalls the old version first. I don't know if anything is preserved.

On 2/2/2023 at 8:33 PM, pete_auau said:

err  depends  which part  of the  world you  come  from here  in  oz   we  were  hit the  hardest  especially   in  vic   🙂

Still, it was in 2020. The virus was discovered in Dec. of 2019 but the pandemic and all the shutdowns happened in 2020. In fact, most didin't start until February through March 2020.

2020 was so bad it seemed like it took 4 years just to get through that year.

Anyway, that's why the winter 2019 flight schedule is fine and the 2020 one is missing.

Edited by Phantoms

James

I'm really disappointed with this add-on, and unfortunately got rid of all my FSLTL traffic models, a bit of a rookie error.
I'm running the latest build and want 50% traffic.  On spawning it seems automatically set to 100%.
I remove the traffic, lower to 50%, and click regenerate, and then nothing.  No traffic whatsover on a flight between Switzerland and the UK. I am now flying over a totally empty Paris. I am frequently clicking on remove and regenerate, and have not seen another aircraft all flight.
I have the model pack installed, and have 90 mins time before departure set, and 5 time between cruise spawn attempts. 

I used Just Flight's traffic in the FSX days and it was a superb product.  I know there are stupid AI limitations in this sim, but I've no idea what I'm doing wrong.  I just want a little bit of authentic traffic.  Any ideas on what I'm doing incorrectly?  TIA!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Langeveldt said:

I'm really disappointed with this add-on, and unfortunately got rid of all my FSLTL traffic models, a bit of a rookie error.
I'm running the latest build and want 50% traffic.  On spawning it seems automatically set to 100%.
I remove the traffic, lower to 50%, and click regenerate, and then nothing.  No traffic whatsover on a flight between Switzerland and the UK. I am now flying over a totally empty Paris. I am frequently clicking on remove and regenerate, and have not seen another aircraft all flight.
I have the model pack installed, and have 90 mins time before departure set, and 5 time between cruise spawn attempts. 

I used Just Flight's traffic in the FSX days and it was a superb product.  I know there are stupid AI limitations in this sim, but I've no idea what I'm doing wrong.  I just want a little bit of authentic traffic.  Any ideas on what I'm doing incorrectly?  TIA!

I noticed the exact phenomena that you mentioned, and I also at first thought the traffic was not reappearing.

Instead, what seems to be happening is that the traffic is not instantly re-imported into the airport, but if you sit for about 10 to 15 minutes you will eventually see flights coming in to land that will eventually refill the airport.

This is different than every other traffic program I've ever used, and I'm not sure if just flight is doing this due to an error or whether it's deliberate.

In either case, it defies expectations, and I would submit it's not desirable to the average user.

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

To say I am very disappointed with this product is an understatement. I should have studied the forums, product page and read the manual completely before purchasing.  I am usually very happy with Just Flight products but from now on, I am going to pause before buying anything from them.  I do not expect perfection but If I fly out of any airport not just large airports, I expect at least to hear communications on departure, approach and center.  As well as having regional aircraft at some of the smaller airports.   I am going to uninstall and wait until it is a more mature product.

Mike

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mike62 said:

To say I am very disappointed with this product is an understatement. I should have studied the forums, product page and read the manual completely before purchasing.  I am usually very happy with Just Flight products but from now on, I am going to pause before buying anything from them.  I do not expect perfection but If I fly out of any airport not just large airports, I expect at least to hear communications on departure, approach and center.  As well as having regional aircraft at some of the smaller airports.   I am going to uninstall and wait until it is a more mature product.

Mike

Absolutely, yes there are limitations with MSFS and AI traffic, granted.

But this feels like an early beta with a full release price tag.

I bought it immediately because Just Flight's traffic offerings were so good on FSX, and I expected a reasonable amount of quality, if not the same level.  I won't be falling for that again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike62 said:

To say I am very disappointed with this product is an understatement. I should have studied the forums, product page and read the manual completely before purchasing.

This!

They gave fair warning the traffic load/population injection method would only be between departure and arrival airports along with MS/Asobo's AI limitations and flaws being a hard ceiling as far as full functionality for the time being.

Unfortunately there is this feeling we paid $40 to continue beta testing FS Traffic for them, doing the job their internal beta testers and promotional content creators received a free product for. These issues should have never made it to a release state.

Not sure if they just have incompetent beta testers or the bug reports were outright ignored. Folks have every right to be disappointed and want a refund.

Just Flight dropped the ball on this one and made FSLTL shine brighter as total freeware, considering the FSLTL team never even went as far as asking for a penny of a donation nor fee, in which they really deserve over folks dishing out $40 for the half baked FS Traffic payware.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Need a little help or suggestions, this is very weird, for the last couple of days since I installed FST, everything was working fine. I have the new update as well from Just Flight.

Just did a flight from KDCA, Washington DC Ronald Reagan, to KJFK.  This is one of most heavily traffic corridors in the US, northeast corridor..  I had plenty of traffic at KDCA, as usual up on the toolbar for the FS Traffic set my destination airport which was KJFK, and then confirmed

Upon taking off from KDCA at 5:00pm East standard time enroute to KJFK there was absolutely NO TRAFFIC cruising at 21,000ft.  When I reached my destination at KJFK ILS approach on 22r  cordinates 109.50//222 NO TRAFFIC what so ever on the apporach flying over Long Island VOR set at 2,800ft.  I was flying the PMDG 800, absolutely no problems before.

If i dindn't know I thought I was flying into a GHOST TOWN,  by the way had no problems with ierver.

Please help me, I spent $40.00 for a program, which for a few days working fine, and now I am flying all by myself, where is the F traffic when u r cruising and making ur final approach into one of the busiest airports in the US ? Wow, this is FRUSTRATING.

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home