Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

AAU1 Releases Today at 1600Z

1 minute ago, Flightsky said:

Hi, is this true? Perhaps other people can confirm this? That there isn't a payware G3000 for home use, that is more realistic and more high fidelity than the G3000 in MSFS now?  And the same applies for the G5000?

In other words, MSFS has the most advanced G3000 and most advanced G5000, period, even when compared to payware alternatives?

I believe WT have support access from Garmin themselves, and WT's development of these units is second to none, so anyone who wants to separately develop a payware Garmin unit that WT are already working on would be wasting their resource in my opinion.  Just look at what WT have done to the G1000NXi - would you buy a third party one now?

It is a good job PMS and TDI got in ahead of the game on the 750 units!  At least WT have no current plans to look at them I believe, just units that were native to the sim at launch.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 minutes ago, Flightsky said:

Hi, is this true? Perhaps other people can confirm this? That there isn't a payware G3000 for home use, that is more realistic and more high fidelity than the G3000 in MSFS now?  And the same applies for the G5000?

In other words, MSFS has the most advanced G3000 and most advanced G5000, period, even when compared to payware alternatives?

Yes, bobcat999 beat me to it! You pretty much nailed it! Hard to believe, but good things come to Flight Simulator with a dedicated enthusiast team to make it “As Real As Possible”.

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

55 minutes ago, Flightsky said:

As of right now, yes, by a country mile. I'm not aware of any payware G3000 or G5000 purpose-built from the ground up for their aircraft. The closest would be Marwan's exceptional work on the HJet, which built on top of the WT G3000 mod with some extensive customizations.

The awesome folks at FFX plan to also port their aircraft specific parts to the new AAU1 versions of the G3000/5000.

Additionally, it's quite safe to say that the Longitude is now the most complex business jet delivered as a default aircraft in a consumer flight simulator, both in terms of aircraft systems depth and avionics fidelity. I'm not aware of another where you can do something like switch off both hydraulics pumps, observe the reduced roll authority as the roll spoilers run out of power and you go to ailerons only, then switch the PTCU to AUX A to power the hydraulic system A from the hydraulic motor-generator, all accompanied by the proper CAS messages with the exact debounce times straight from the manufacturer, fluid sim that matches real flight log data in temps, pressure curves, and times, hydraulic accumulators that use real fluid dynamics equations to store fluid forces for backup systems, etc.

Yes, I'm tooting my own horn here and I apologize, but it's our biggest release and we're really proud of it, and I hope everyone that flies it enjoys it too!

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 36
  • Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

As of right now, yes, by a country mile. I'm not aware of any payware G3000 or G5000 purpose-built from the ground up for their aircraft. The closest would be Marwan's exceptional work on the HJet, which built on top of the WT G3000 mod with some extensive customizations.

The awesome folks at FFX plan to also port their aircraft specific parts to the new AAU1 versions of the G3000/5000.

Additionally, it's quite safe to say that the Longitude is now the most complex business jet delivered as a default aircraft in a consumer flight simulator, both in terms of aircraft systems depth and avionics fidelity. I'm not aware of another where you can do something like switch off both hydraulics pumps, observe the reduced roll authority as the roll spoilers run out of power and you go to ailerons only, then switch the PTCU to AUX A to power the hydraulic system A from the hydraulic motor-generator, all accompanied by the proper CAS messages with the exact debounce times straight from the manufacturer, fluid sim the matches real flight log data in temps, pressure curves, and times, hydraulic accumulators that use real fluid dynamics equations to store fluid forces for backup systems, etc.

Yes, I'm tooting my own horn here and I apologize, but it's our biggest release and we're really proud of it, and I hope everyone that flies it enjoys it too!

Awesome Matt, please keep tooting away as it's well deserved... and great to hear specific examples/scenarios like you outlined above starting with the hydraulics pumps being disabled, and we'd love to hear more 🙂

• Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I am a little confused. 

With all these good words about the CJ4 improvements, does it mean the base CJ4 is now identical to the WT Cj4 and that the latter is no longer needed?  It is still available on the WT site, though.  I adopted it a long time ago and wonder why so many users have apparently not done so.

Matt, keep on tooting, please.

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

Thanks. My question was more with regards to other aircraft, default and payware and whether they will be able to borrow as it looks like these upgrades aren't the new default, rather only for those three aircraft? I know some of the other default aircraft now have upgraded 430/530 units but again, specific to those aircraft only? 

Other aircraft can make use of the new Garmins if the developer decides to do so, but it isn't automatic in order to avoid problems. For the G1000 NXi and the 430/530 you can install packages (for free) from the Marketplace, and then the new devices replace the the old ones wherever they are used.

Matt from Working Title writes here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/polls-aircraft-avionics-update-1-discussion/572815/78

"Regarding the Marketplace GNS and NXi packages:

These packages should remain installed if you would like to:

Use the GNS with aircraft not listed in the release notes (some sim and third party aircraft)

Use the NXi with aircraft that have not moved to the NXi yet (some third party aircraft)

These marketplace packages bridge the sim versions of those avionics to those aforementioned aircraft."

No information about the G3000/5000 yet, not sure if there's going to be a bridge version too.

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

31 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

...Yes, I'm tooting my own horn here and I apologize, but it's our biggest release and we're really proud of it, and I hope everyone that flies it enjoys it too!

Well, I think we need to get you a bigger horn actually!  Just listening to your perspective on it adds value to the story.  Brilliant stuff - many thanks of course!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 minutes ago, jetlag said:

I am a little confused. 

With all these good words about the CJ4 improvements, does it mean the base CJ4 is now identical to the WT Cj4 and that the latter is no longer needed?

I haven't used the CJ4 sooo much, so what I write here is a mix of my own experience and what other users wrote on various forums...

You definitely should remove the CJ4 mod, otherwise you may see undefined behaviour.

The improved CJ4 is a rewrite from scratch, it comes with everything the mod had (except for the SimBrief integration, for legal reasons), and should be way ahead of the mod now. 

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

After the rave reviews, I first loaded up on an CJ4. These buttons do not work in the CJ4 cockpit. Are their functions unimportant?

1ztecx.jpg

Edited by Flying-Hare

I really need to spend some time getting to know the Longitude by the sounds of it.

@MattNischan you and the team should toot away 😀

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Flew an LPV approach into CYVR this morning and the TBM handled it flawlessly. Such a treat to get the full potential out of that plane, one of my favorite default aircraft. Looking forward to exploring the Longitude now too.

Matt and the whole team, you knocked it out of the park as usual. Excellent work!

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

2 hours ago, MattNischan said:

As of right now, yes, by a country mile. I'm not aware of any payware G3000 or G5000 purpose-built from the ground up for their aircraft.

Are there any future / long term plans to upgrade the Garmin G3X?

1 hour ago, Flying-Hare said:

After the rave reviews, I first loaded up on an CJ4. These buttons do not work in the CJ4 cockpit. Are their functions unimportant?

1ztecx.jpg

Did you get a failure where you needed to use them?

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

32 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Did you get a failure where you needed to use them?

Apparently these buttons should transfer control to the first pilot or captain. But they are not yet clickable.

1 hour ago, Flying-Hare said:

Are their functions unimportant?

They are not used during normal operations. They control the reversionary modes of the displays, so you can display alternate data in case of a screen failure. AHRS modes (the other buttons) are not modeled, as the sim more or less always has a good magnetic reference, and you would only potentially use those during polar operations.

• Like 1