Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

AAU1 Releases Today at 1600Z

12 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Are there working doors?

No but in the grand scheme, not a big deal.

Eric 

42 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

MSFS is on the PC again but the community folder is still missing

time for MSFS addons linker. don't leave home airport without it:

https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

39 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

The nightmare continues: MSFS wants me to download 108GB.

it does that when not using the same folder as before or otherwise when there is no Community folder. MSFS considers that an incomplete install and wants to install from scratch.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Just now, Konterhalbe said:

I thought I'll never need a linker... until today.

es ist nie zu spät.

• Like 1

very nice.

32 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

No, never really understood people's obsession with that tbf...

G

Some of us are claustrophobic and also suffer chronic flatulence.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, Konterhalbe said:

The nightmare continues: MSFS wants me to download 108GB.

The installer has reverted to the default installation path in your screenshot. Happened to me as well.

Just change it to where your MSFS installation really is and it will only be about 600MB.

2 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Just change it to where your MSFS installation really is

like was said 20 minutes above.

very nice.

installed update with problems, offline with stable internet connection during update process. Then it takes about one hour with restarts and setting adjustments until MSFS is running again, then PMDG B736 with HYD QTY and (logical) HYD PRESS zero, pumps amber. Found in MCDU Failures HYD QTY as active fault, although Failures were set to off. Just in case someone has the same problem... Best regards

Ralf Andreas

Just now, turbomax said:

like was said 20 minutes above.

Incorrectly I might add.

It does not needed to be pointed to the community folder but to the folder were the "Official" and "Community" folders reside in.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

"it does that when not using the same folder as before or otherwise when there is no Community folder. MSFS considers that an incomplete install and wants to install from scratch. "

very nice.

I previously downloaded some of the market place upgrades for avionics from WT.

Should they be uninstalled now after the AAU1?

35 minutes ago, Farlis said:

The installer has reverted to the default installation path in your screenshot. Happened to me as well.

Just change it to where your MSFS installation really is and it will only be about 600MB.

My MSFS was at this default installation path.

I can't change it to where my MSFS installation really is, cause it all got uninstalled and deleted completely.

I suddenly had 200/300-ish GB more free space on my SSD.

I can not choose a different installation path, because I had MSFS installed under this path previously and it was all gone:

GzenB3s.jpg

Everything highlighted in red did not exist anymore.

It was just AppData\Local\Packages with no "Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8we....." folder in it.

"It does not needed to be pointed to the community folder but to the folder were the "Official" and "Community" folders reside in."

I understand that I should select "packages", right?

Couldn't select packages, as it was missing after the failed update.

What do you mean by "Just change it to where your MSFS installation really is"?
You mean the community folder "packages" parent directory? Didn't exist.

Or something else?

I'm really having a hard time either to understand what is meant by "where your MSFS installation really is", or to express, that there's no folder to point at.

(Screenshot was taken right now as MSFS is doing its 108GB update and has created a new community folder already. It did not exist anymore until a new one was created just minutes ago).

"it does that when there is no Community folder"

Right. There was no community folder anymore and no parent folders too.

I don't understand where I should MSFS point at to prevent this 108GB update from happen.

Edited by Konterhalbe

https://i.imgur.com/51PTKBw.jpeg

You should click in the line here with the default address, this will give the option to specify your own install location.

Once all is installed, back-up that location to a external ssd, just to prevent this happening again 🤣

Edited by Gerwil

Oh man - the TBM with the new avionics is like a dream!  First flight of the night currently underway.........I remember those launch day avionics!  Night and day difference!

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire