Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

AAU1 Releases Today at 1600Z

10 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

They are not used during normal operations. They control the reversionary modes of the displays, so you can display alternate data in case of a screen failure. AHRS modes (the other buttons) are not modeled, as the sim more or less always has a good magnetic reference, and you would only potentially use those during polar operations.

Thanks for the clarification. Indeed, these functions are of no fundamental importance.

4 hours ago, MattNischan said:

observe the reduced roll authority as the roll spoilers run out of power and you go to ailerons only,

First of all, well done WT!

3007103-poster-1920-art-writing-your-own

May I ask how you implemented the features? A mixture of turning knobs and presumably custom code? If so what tech, wasm?

Edited by NZ255

1 minute ago, NZ255 said:

May I ask how you implemented the features? A mixture of turning knobs and presumably custom code? If so what tech, wasm?

All of our avionics systems so far run on the HTML/JS stack, upon which we've built a source-available framework (it's on GitHub) called the MSFS Avionics Framework. We used standard sim systems where available, and then built on those with a huge swath of custom code. We have some general explanations of what and how things are simulated at the beginning of each of the 12 or so systems chapters in the Operators Guide.

Here's the description from the Pneumatics System chapter:

The Longitude includes a fully custom and comprehensive bleed air system built from the ground up for this aircraft. The bleed air system is fully flow based, and computes pressures and temperatures in real-time from valve and line conditions as well as LP and HP source contributions at various engine speeds. Bleed air routing will affect the air conditioning and anti-ice systems in correct ways. Engine performance changes based on bleed air load are also modeled, such as N1 drop, ITT rise, and decreased fuel efficiency.

Additionally, the full array of complex Longitude bleed air automation logic found on the real aircraft is faithfully represented here.

And from the Fuel System chapter:

The Longitude fuel system is built on the robust MSFS fuel system but also customized on top in a number of ways. All automation from the real aircraft is modeled, including automated boost pump management when in NORM modes, automatic recirculation pump management, fuel transfer valve logic, scavenge pump logic, and custom gravity crossflow simulation & logic.

In addition, a full fuel temperature simulation is included which considers things like wing skin temperature, the fuel mass, and fuel return temperatures to produce values consistent with real flight log data and to provide a realistic, authentic flight experience.

• Like 11

Just seen a note from Milviz on another forum re the Porter - 

We are presently integrating the AAU into this product and will release that soon(ish). 

So it is good news to see that the joy will spread to some aircraft I actually use 🙂

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Just completed an RNAV (GNSS) flight into Toronto with the TBM. Flawless to landing. G3000 is amazing! So quick to program and so user friendly!

Yes, the other developers must take notes, or their aircraft will fall far behind. For me as a GA pilot, there is little motivation to jump into another airplane from what I am experiencing in the TBM 930. It is like I am using an advanced version of Flight Simulator.

PS I assume the ability to store a flight plan will be available in the future?

Edited by Doering
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

AOA indication WAYYYYY off on the cj4.  I get the green circle at 0.8.  In the WT modded cj4 you get the green circle at AOA 0.6.

8 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

So it is good news to see that the joy will spread to some aircraft I actually use

Glad to hear you'll find some immediate enjoyment from these efforts.

We not only get to enjoy this now but....to me, the beauty of WT's work is that it's building a avionics "foundation", if you will, that can be used, modified, leveraged by both freeware and payware aircraft designers to build upon in the future.

Gauge/avionics coding is the most time consuming, demanding aspects of bringing an AC to the sim. Others utilizing this framework should have a head start to seeing their project actually come to fruition - which hopefully leads to a bounty of new aircraft for us simmers to enjoy.  

Maybe some clever folks can even use this code to jump start a Proline Fusion/Vision fight deck creation? 😉

Regards, Kendall

Just took my first flight in the Longitude yesterday and while I was a bit stressed by the G5000 (airliner guy), I could recognize a lot of avionics depth (even more than the HondaJet!) and it was a great experience I will surely repeat. 
Now I‘d love to have a Simbrief integration rather sooner than later and animated doors and an alternative to the - sorry - awfully designed MSFS W&B menu (oh and I need in-game electronic checklists, that‘s business-jet style!) but systems-/avionics-wise this has been huge. Usually I don‘t even look at „default“ aircraft but this is easily the best business jet overall, absolutely payware-level.
I admit I would have never expected this kind of base aircraft quality in MSFS, now I really do feel a bit ashamed that I doubted Microsoft‘s intentions and Asobo‘s competence back in 2020/21. Mea culpa

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Microsoft‘s intentions and Asobo‘s competence

and the men at Work - ingTitle's programming expertise who are the people that actually brought us AAU1 in the first place. 😀

https://www.workingtitle.aero/

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:35 PM, MattNischan said:

As of right now, yes, by a country mile. I'm not aware of any payware G3000 or G5000 purpose-built from the ground up for their aircraft. The closest would be Marwan's exceptional work on the HJet, which built on top of the WT G3000 mod with some extensive customizations.

The awesome folks at FFX plan to also port their aircraft specific parts to the new AAU1 versions of the G3000/5000.

Additionally, it's quite safe to say that the Longitude is now the most complex business jet delivered as a default aircraft in a consumer flight simulator, both in terms of aircraft systems depth and avionics fidelity. I'm not aware of another where you can do something like switch off both hydraulics pumps, observe the reduced roll authority as the roll spoilers run out of power and you go to ailerons only, then switch the PTCU to AUX A to power the hydraulic system A from the hydraulic motor-generator, all accompanied by the proper CAS messages with the exact debounce times straight from the manufacturer, fluid sim that matches real flight log data in temps, pressure curves, and times, hydraulic accumulators that use real fluid dynamics equations to store fluid forces for backup systems, etc.

Yes, I'm tooting my own horn here and I apologize, but it's our biggest release and we're really proud of it, and I hope everyone that flies it enjoys it too!

What an amazing job you folks at Working Title did!  Your team is breaking new ground every update! MSFS is the de facto flight simulator for IFR now, if you're using default GA planes and default avionics!

Also thanks to @bobcat999 for the answer as well!

• Like 4

Timestamps   Introduction 0:07 G3000 Power-Up Sequence 0:43 Primary Flight Display - Labeled Default 1:20 Audio and Radios Menu 2:09 PFD Menu - Nav Source 3:20 PFD Menu - Speed Bugs 3:55 PFD Menu - Timers 4:23 PFD Menu - Minimums 4:53 PFD Menu - Traffic Map 5:15 PFD Menu - PFD Map Settings 5:28 PFD Menu - PFD Settings - Synthetic Vision Terrain & Wind 5:52 MFD Menu - Synoptic Pages 6:25 Engine Indication System (EIS) 7:59 Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS) 8:30 AAU1 Release Notes 10:05

Edited by Doering
  • Like 4

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Anybody else lost the ability to pull up Navigraph charts on the TBM (possibly the Longitude as well)?  Jumped into the updated TBM this evening to play around with the Enhanced packages from the Marketplace and noticed that's gone.  The lower left display...the one with radios and display settings, not sure what those are actually called...is also not a touch screen for me anymore.  The right one is, but the left one isn't!

1 hour ago, mholden020 said:

Anybody else lost the ability to pull up Navigraph charts on the TBM (possibly the Longitude as well)?  Jumped into the updated TBM this evening to play around with the Enhanced packages from the Marketplace and noticed that's gone.  The lower left display...the one with radios and display settings, not sure what those are actually called...is also not a touch screen for me anymore.  The right one is, but the left one isn't!

Navigraph integration was a mod thing --> the AAU1 release is an "official release" hence licensing issues come into play. Apparently, Navigraph is working on a "work around". Not sure what the status of that is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Navigraph integration was a mod thing --> the AAU1 release is an "official release" hence licensing issues come into play. Apparently, Navigraph is working on a "work around". Not sure what the status of that is.

Amazing.......guess those planes are grounded now 🙄