Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

60 second pause is back, begging for help.

12 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

It's puzzling but as I said before, it would seem to me the tools for troubleshooting this just aren't there or I'm not aware of any.

The tool to troubleshoot this has been mentioned many times, and it's called Procmon. It's not a tool that can be taught in a few paragraphs of a forum thread, but there are websites out there that explain in detail how to use it. It's not rocket science, but an understanding of how Windows processes and applications interact with the OS definitely makes it easier to understand.

People are dropping off this thread or getting frustrated because it's 17 pages of a lot of duplicate advice, some of which you come across as too stubborn to follow. There are rarely silver bullets for issues like this, and the easiest option is often a reinstall of the OS, which is why so many people have been suggesting you take that route. You discovered what you thought was a silver bullet in the past in the form of Steam overlay, but there is no reason to think your current issue is related. It's common to develop tunnel vision when troubleshooting PC issues, which only wastes time and sometimes makes the issue worse or causes additional problems.

On 2/7/2023 at 10:38 AM, Jack_Sawyer said:

I'm at the point where I would gladly pay a substantial amount of US $ to anyone who could solve this for me as I'm worn out and frustrated.

There are websites dedicated to this as well. Find a few people with a good number of positive reviews and experience troubleshooting gaming performance issues. Send them a message with your problem, what you have done, and ask if they have experience with tools like Procmon to help you troubleshoot. You can even point them to this thread. Once you find someone you are comfortable working with, they'll be able to get on a call with you and remotely connect to your computer to troubleshoot. Yes, letting a random person remotely control your computer may feel invasive, but I'd trust someone on Fiver with good reviews more than a Geek Squad tech at Best Buy (no offense to any BB employees out there). In either case, it would be a good idea to remove any highly sensitive data (including things like financial passwords) from your computer before letting a stranger troubleshoot for you.

Hopefully you can get this sorted out!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Funky D said:

The tool to troubleshoot this has been mentioned many times, and it's called Procmon. It's not a tool that can be taught in a few paragraphs of a forum thread, but there are websites out there that explain in detail how to use it. It's not rocket science, but an understanding of how Windows processes and applications interact with the OS definitely makes it easier to understand.

People are dropping off this thread or getting frustrated because it's 17 pages of a lot of duplicate advice, some of which you come across as too stubborn to follow. There are rarely silver bullets for issues like this, and the easiest option is often a reinstall of the OS, which is why so many people have been suggesting you take that route. You discovered what you thought was a silver bullet in the past in the form of Steam overlay, but there is no reason to think your current issue is related. It's common to develop tunnel vision when troubleshooting PC issues, which only wastes time and sometimes makes the issue worse or causes additional problems.

There are websites dedicated to this as well. Find a few people with a good number of positive reviews and experience troubleshooting gaming performance issues. Send them a message with your problem, what you have done, and ask if they have experience with tools like Procmon to help you troubleshoot. You can even point them to this thread. Once you find someone you are comfortable working with, they'll be able to get on a call with you and remotely connect to your computer to troubleshoot. Yes, letting a random person remotely control your computer may feel invasive, but I'd trust someone on Fiver with good reviews more than a Geek Squad tech at Best Buy (no offense to any BB employees out there). In either case, it would be a good idea to remove any highly sensitive data (including things like financial passwords) from your computer before letting a stranger troubleshoot for you.

Hopefully you can get this sorted out!

Thanks, I’m not stubborn, it might appear that way.  I have printed out a list of things to do that many have suggested such as the power options.  I just haven’t had the time to do it yet as I’ve been very busy with other things.

And when the time comes I will reformat and reinstall everything.  I’m just going slowly and methodically.  Some people like my approach to see if it can be discovered.

And I have every intention on learning ProcMon as I’ve indicated.  I can understand tunnel vision.  Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Jack Sawyer

I'm guessing he does not know how to uninstall/reinstall Windows and/or MSFS.

If it was me, I would either hand it over to a compentent computer technitian, or purchase a new computer.

The frustration is just now worth it. Life is too short.

3 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

If it was me, I would either hand it over to a compentent computer technitian, or purchase a new computer.

Why do some people have to be this way?  I know full well how to reinstall windows.  I’m not you so I’m going to do it the way I want to, I’m sorry if you would do it differently.  Why the rush?  No offense.

Jack Sawyer

17 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

Wouldn't  be  better  to find  the  actual  cause  of  his  issues,  its  his  choice and  beside  he  might  be  the  person  who likes  these  type  of  challenges,  and  I  for  one  would  love  to know  what  the  issue   is   most likely  something  simple 🙂

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

13 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thank you Craig.  

Jack  dont  know  if  you had  tried  this  since  havnt  read  thru  the  pages  you  most  likey  had  but  had  you  set  your  self  in  flight  put  in auto pilot  than  remove  all external usb  devices  from  your  pc  and  wait  if  it  doesnt  appear  than plug  one  by one  back in  till it  does. long  shot

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm sorry it's only now after 17 pages that I've checked the forum and seen your problem that used to plague me until I turned off Windows' wallpaper changer!

Give it a try; I bet that's it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bartul said:

I'm sorry it's only now after 17 pages that I've checked the forum and seen your problem that used to plague me until I turned off Windows' wallpaper changer!

he  checked  and  done  that  in the  first few  pages 

Jack,  might  be  a  idea  to list all the  things  you had  done  so  if  any  one  else  comes  in  they  can  checked  what  you  had  done 🙂

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

Peter kelberg

5 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Jack  dont  know  if  you had  tried  this  since  havnt  read  thru  the  pages  you  most  likey  had  but  had  you  set  your  self  in  flight  put  in auto pilot  than  remove  all external usb  devices  from  your  pc  and  wait  if  it  doesnt  appear  than plug  one  by one  back in  till it  does. long  shot

Hi Pete, I already tried this.

Jack Sawyer

5 minutes ago, Bartul said:

Thanks Bartul, I have that turned off, it was never turned on but I double checked it anyway and no wallpaper changer.

Jack Sawyer

28 minutes ago, pete_auau said:
46 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

'm guessing he does not know how to uninstall/reinstall Windows and/or MSFS.

Wouldn't  be  better  to find  the  actual  cause  of  his  issues,  its  his  choice and  beside  he  might  be  the  person  who likes  these  type  of  challenges,  and  I  for  one  would  love  to know  what  the  issue   is   most likely  something  simple 🙂

Well he states that he would pay good money to have it fixed, so again I rest my case.....

I would hand it over to a compentent computer technitian.

2 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

I predict 34 pages in no progress will have been made.  The popcorn is on the stove.  😚

sp

Well, I’m glad I’m providing entertainment.  If the mods want to they can lock or delete this post.  I’ll find a way.  Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

On 2/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

This I'm uncertain of how to do.  I was just going to shut down everything and sit with my iPad and try to learn ProcMon from that link.  Not using VR, it's not ticked in Steam, in fact I've never even wore a VR headset, I'd like to someday.

This is off topic but HP website has the $599 Reverb G2 headset on sale for $450. Save $150. But it takes a better computer to run VR than on a monitor. 

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-reverb-g2-virtual-reality-headset

==========

I went to the msfs website forum and typed "60 seconds" into the search icon.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=60 second

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.