Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

PMDG 737-900 released......

40 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Yeah! The 28th version of a 737 from PMDG is out. About as exciting as watching grass grow.

Just imagine, to counter Ifly, they release the available variants of the MAX first, might be a long year

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

Yeah! The 28th version of a 737 from PMDG is out. About as exciting as watching grass grow.

You win the internet today!

Well, I think it still was the 7th in my neck of the woods so I guess I have to spank the old wallet.. 😉

Can't argue with divine intervention I guess.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

So now that they are all released, which is the best one to buy if you only want ONE? Pricing on the PMDG website is:

600 - $35

700 - $75

800 - $75

900 - $50

These are massive price differences. Is the 800 variant worth $25 more than the 900 in terms of systems or other features? You can buy two 600’s for the price of either a 700 or a 800. Is the 600 half as good as the 800 then?

Or is it that simmers ’lust’ after the 800 more so it gets a premium on that basis alone?

Their pricing makes zero sense to me.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

17 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

So now that they are all released, which is the best one to buy if you only want ONE? Pricing on the PMDG website is:

600 - $35

700 - $75

800 - $75

900 - $50

These are massive price differences. Is the 800 variant worth $25 more than the 900 in terms of systems or other features? You can buy two 600’s for the price of either a 700 or a 800. Is the 600 half as good as the 800 then?

Or is it that simmers ’lust’ after the 800 more so it gets a premium on that basis alone?

Their pricing makes zero sense to me.

The 800 comes with the BBJ variant which the 600 does not. The 800 also has the cargo variant and I'm not sure that the 600 has that as well.

Besides that though, it's pretty much the same plane (of course the 800 is longer and flies slightly differently because of that). It's just that the 800 is more popular so PMDG charges more for it.  The 600 is not very popular so PMDG is pricing accordingly. But if you don't care about these things, the 600 is probably the best deal. I have the 800 myself because I like that it's used for most real world flights and by the carriers, and I also don't like the length of the 600, but I knew full well that it was pretty much the same plane as the 600 when I bought the 800.

• Like 1

So it's $225 for the whole 737 fleet in MSFS and its around $185 for P3D. How the word not allowed does this happen?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

So it's $225 for the whole 737 fleet in MSFS

My guess is that if they allowed for a policy of buy the first one at full price and get a 20% discount on others, will generate more sales and dollars overall. As it is structured now, I will at best buy only one variant. Spending another $50 to $75 for a 2nd variant for what is almost a duplicate aircraft is a luxury I find hard to justify. I can’t be alone in this thinking.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

So it's $225 for the whole 737 fleet in MSFS and its around $185 for P3D. How the word not allowed does this happen?

"Inflation"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MikeH99 said:

"Inflation"

:Edit NVM

Edited by jbdbow1970

2 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Boeing demanding more license fees, maybe?

ugcx_banner.png

Prepar3d is a professional sim whereas FSX is for entertainment only, so that’s reflected in the price…. wait a minute

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Can anyone tell me what significant differences there are between the 800 and the 900 to make me want to buy the 900? EDIT: No sweat, explained quite well on YT vid.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I don't get it... Buy the plane, don't buy it, as you want, but why would anyone actually be angry about this amount of money?  This is inconsequential compared to most digital entertainment options... But certainly, everyone will make their decision as to whether it's worth it to them.  If it's not then that's totally fair, but to actually have an emotional reaction to a price, as if a dev has done something wrong by charging for a product that took a significant investment of time... It's just bizarre.

$50 is a couple of burgers and beers these days lol.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 3

Andrew Crowley

I will not buy it. I have the -700 and -800 already. Today I bought my old time favourite: the CS 767-300ER!