Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

PMDG 737-900 released......

I agree with Stearmandriver, PMDG are one of the finest producers of study level aircraft in the simming world. For crying out loud, if the product is too expensive for you then don't buy it!

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I bought it immediately, the 900 was allways my favourite with the slightly higher V and approach speeds.

Flew my first time round the world in the PMDG 737-900 still with FS2004, so lot of nostalgy also!

It also looks like the FPS even got better since this last update, while it was already really good.

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Delete.

Edited by jbdbow1970

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I'm sorry but when did they start this policy in MSFS?

Huh?

IF. Not when.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Huh?

IF. Not when.

No discounts. No matter how many you buy.

Can anyone who tried it out tell me if the wingflex is the same as in the previous ones? I would asume so, but one can hope they have improved it...

5 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

So it's $225 for the whole 737 fleet in MSFS and its around $185 for P3D. How the word not allowed does this happen?

What in the world still costs what it did 2 years ago let alone 5+ years ago and if you bought it in P3D you had a $99 Credit so you could buy the entire fleet for $126 in MSFS.

If that's too much for you then multiple options like buying one variant or not purchasing at all... 

I wanted a new 911 a few years ago but it went up by $60,000 in the past few years.  Now I can't afford it and such is life. Hell the new 911 I wanted 2 years ago is going for more used than it did new 2 years ago!  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thèse pricing discussion for a couple of bucks for high end addons that should procure hours of entertainment are hilarious. 

Where I live USD 50 is the price for a pizza and a bear and a ice cream dessert in a restaurant.

ok so I get it it’s a luxury product for some here. 

But I don’t know I don’t go complaining at a luxury watch brand forum , because there latest model watch is priced USD 9800 and not USD 9300. 😂

• Like 2

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

39 minutes ago, EnSnellHest said:

Can anyone who tried it out tell me if the wingflex is the same as in the previous ones? I would asume so, but one can hope they have improved it...

Wing flex is subjective to the user. You’re better off watching a stream or a video and see if it meets your approval of wing flex. Some may think it’s fine, some don’t care. Only you can answer this question.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I bought a Dominos Pizza takeout one night last week.

I'm annoyed that I decided to buy a medium sized pizza in the knowledge that they offer a large sized pizza.

Next time however I will buy the large sized pizza. The problem is it's the same as the medium sized pizza and the only difference is it's just larger and now that annoys me too.

(simmer logic)

Edited by G MIDY
f
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

6 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

So it's $225 for the whole 737 fleet in MSFS and its around $185 for P3D. How the word not allowed does this happen?

Remember they offered the NGXu for P3D and told people they would have a credit for it in MSFS? Well, they have to make up for it somewhere. So while Randizzle likes to spout that they’ve given back to the community through that program with one hand, the other one is fleecing you with these over the top prices.

Edited by B777ER
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Wing flex is subjective to the user. You’re better off watching a stream or a video and see if it meets your approval of wing flex. Some may think it’s fine, some don’t care. Only you can answer this question.

I see what you are getting at, but if someone sees a noticeably difference from the previous versions than that would probably answer my question.

But ill see if I can find some videos. Cheers

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I agree with Stearmandriver, PMDG are one of the finest producers of study level aircraft in the simming world. For crying out loud, if the product is too expensive for you then don't buy it!

Of all available hobbies, other than birdwatching, flight siming is a tremendous value.

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

PMDG are one of the finest producers of study level aircraft in the simming world.

Stockholm syndrome.

• Like 2

Eric 

7 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Or is it that simmers ’lust’ after the 800 more so it gets a premium on that basis alone?

Pretty much it plus it includes a BBJ.

My PMDG buyers guide:

If you want the cheapest one, buy the -600.  If you want the one that is flown by the most airlines, buy the -800.  If you like the 737 and want all of the variants buy all of them.

-700 was first because it’s “mid-popular” and some who wouldn’t normally want that variant would buy it because they wanted the first one to be released.  It’s also popular enough for general interest. Then the -600 as an unpopular variant sold for cheap that casually interested people might be willing to buy plus collectors.  Then the -800 as the most popular variant and would see well whenever they released it.  Then the -900 for anyone still collecting 737s.

Like it or lump it, PMDGs approach to this was pretty smart in terms of maximizing sales.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU