Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

PMDG 737-900 released......

29 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I am trying to explain to you that it DOES include those costs. If you hire a developer, you need a building to put him in. He needs a computer, and a phone, and heating, and air conditioning, and health insurance, payroll taxes, administration costs to manage all that, carpeting, lighting.

$2.4M to run a business with a handful of developers is probably a reasonable number.

Every employee that we hire has a "fully loaded" cost that we have to take into account when we hire. Why do you think companies lay off people when times get bad? Every employee that gets fired saves the company at least 3 times their salary. 

Agree with Lucki  - you absolutely do NOT calculate real per-employee costs by adding up the entire costs of running your business and simply dividing by the number of employees. That's not done anywhere and that's not a valid operating calculation model. The direct cost of an employee is generally Salary + benefits + training + HR + misc. cost to on-board. The costs for real estate, utilities, hardware and software tools, and on and on are their own operating costs, many of which can be depreciated so they are not straight-line costs attributed to employees. In your model the cost of furniture, HVAC repair, monthly utility bill divided by number of employees in the office, nightly office cleaning, and putting gas in the delivery van is included in the cost of each employee - and it is absolutely not. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Mike T said:

Agree with Lucki  - you absolutely do NOT calculate real per-employee costs by adding up the entire costs of running your business and simply dividing by the number of employees. That's not done anywhere and that's not a valid operating calculation model. The direct cost of an employee is generally Salary + benefits + training + HR + misc. cost to on-board. The costs for real estate, utilities, hardware and software tools, and on and on are their own operating costs, many of which can be depreciated so they are not straight-line costs attributed to employees. In your model the cost of furniture, HVAC repair, monthly utility bill divided by number of employees in the office, nightly office cleaning, and putting gas in the delivery van is included in the cost of each employee - and it is absolutely not. 

What you are referring to is called burden cost.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

9 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

So, it's funny to see people comment that $50 is grossly expensive.  😀

That wasn't me but no way I want to buy more than one variant at the quoted prices there just won't be enough difference for it to matter for me.  And of course, what you get for nothing from FBW isn't something to sneeze it it's amazingly good.  I've certainly recovered from not paying attention and the plane behaved as I would have guessed, operative word, "guessed".   I'm always amazed at pricing for what you get, and nothing beats that more than does MSFS itself.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Back to the 737-900. It seems like if you have none of these planes, maybe the best one to get is the 800? 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

6 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Back to the 737-900. It seems like if you have none of these planes, maybe the best one to get is the 800? 

If you like replicating routes that happen in the real world then the -800 is probably the best to get as that is the most popular one. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

3 hours ago, RobJC said:

It depends on what you want to do.  If you like short field stuff, and maybe using GA airports, the -700 might be the best because it has all the short field perf, but also the freight option and the BBJ for genuine long-haul flying.

If you like hub-to-hub airline ops, there's much to be said for the -900 package.  PMDG has done a nice job bringing the heavier, smoother feel to the flight model of this thing.  There's no BBJ version but there are optional aux tanks that can be fitted that give you quite a long range.  Even without the aux tanks, the -900ER is a great transcon platform, ETOPS from the US west coast to Hawaii etc... 6+ hour legs no problem.

Of course it doesn't NEED the big airports either; I landed a full ER on 08 in Burbank today (in reality).  Does just fine.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

What I did -- and I am overly analytical by my nature -- I created a grid in Excel of all the possible liveries I'd want, and the list of airlines I like to fly. I then just noted in there if there was a livery available from any source.

I am likely going to do a pretend PAN-AM since they have liveries available for all my planes. Except the PAN AM Cargo which is why I am now seriously contemplating getting the PMDG 700.

3 hours ago, Zangoose said:

If you like replicating routes that happen in the real world then the -800 is probably the best to get as that is the most popular one. 

That was my thinking so went w/ -800.

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Anyone knows which 900ER has the AUX´s installed as real life ?

Those 4 liveries i installed its not standard.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

9 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Michael Moe

Just a guess but it's probably selected as an option in the CDU.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Just a guess but it's probably selected as an option in the CDU.

i know i can manipulate to my likings :-) but my question was as in real life. many liveries is verified by PMDG and therefor comes with excact setups.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

12 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Michael Moe

I tried to find information regarding this, but the only one that I can see so far is Turkish Airlines.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

i know i can manipulate to my likings 🙂 but my question was as in real life. many liveries is verified by PMDG and therefor comes with excact setups.

Michael Moe

Ahh, I beg your pardon. I see what you mean.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

many liveries is verified by PMDG and therefor comes with excact setups.

I wouldn't put a ton of stock in this.  The liveries for my airline require several changes in the options to match the real life aircraft.  I'd consider that these "verified" liveries probably get you close, but they aren't perfect.

Andrew Crowley

14 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I wouldn't put a ton of stock in this.  The liveries for my airline require several changes in the options to match the real life aircraft.  I'd consider that these "verified" liveries probably get you close, but they aren't perfect.

Do you think it's possible that PMDG used the Boeing build sheet and that your airline made upgrades or changes? Or are the differences in that couldn't be changed?  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.