Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

still waiting for anti aliasing fix

10 minutes ago, Brian Mackie said:

He uses the comedian and actor Hugh Laurie to support his hypothesis, in a work of TV fiction.

I rest my case.

your strawman is indeed resting with the fishes.

AutoATC Developer

If msparks tried to obtain an Airline Transport Pilot Licence, would he pass the Human Factors exam? Doubtful, given his overbearing attitude here. If he actually gained such a qualification, would you be his passenger? In virtual reality, if an aircraft commanded by msparks was identified in my vicinity, I’d shut down the computer immediately. He talks a lot, but says little worth listening to.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

Wow this escalated quickly. 

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

Wow this escalated quickly. 

And we all know who escalated it. As usual. Waffling on. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GoranM said:

It appears to be worse on nvidia GPU's.  I've posted several screenshots from my M1 MBP, and it looks far smoother than other images posted from people with nvidia GPU's, under the same settings.

It can be minimized through the settings, obviously.  But there are differences.

But as I said, LR are aware of it.  They've fixed certain areas of it in the incremental updates, but the big fix is still being worked on.

Facts...^^^^^^^^

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

because sitting 18 inches from a 50 inch monitor is the same as looking through a magnifying glass at 6 inches from an 15 inch monitor. 

because you generally need to zoom in several times from normal viewing to see individual pixels on a high resolution display.

and all completely irrelevant because 2x, 4x and 8x AA works exactly as it should in XP12.

They wont fix artifacts that are not caused by AA and span multiple pixels however, and if you are waiting for changes to AA that do you will be waiting forever. 64x AA is not planned or expected imho. 

Nonsense^^^^^^  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

And we all know who escalated it. As usual. Waffling on. 

One person who ruins this entire forum repeatedly arguing with anyone who says anything that can even be construed as negative against his perfect XP...  It's absurd TBH.  Even GoranM who I consider VERY knowledgeable and a staunch XP proponent can admit that there is an issue and it's being addressed. Not hard, not personal, no one is insulted or upset.   The other one is here talking about magnifying glasses, invisible pixels, AA not having ANY effect on 4k screens, posting youtube videos of a TV show I think and doing anything in his power to prove EVERYONE else in the thread wrong while everyone laughs at them for the nonsense they are spewing and their absurd spins and backtracks when they are proven factually incorrect.   

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

4 hours ago, psolk said:
3 hours ago, psolk said:

One person who ruins this entire forum repeatedly arguing with anyone who says anything that can even be construed as negative against his perfect XP...  It's absurd TBH.  Even GoranM who I consider VERY knowledgeable and a staunch XP proponent can admit that there is an issue and it's being addressed. Not hard, not personal, no one is insulted or upset.   The other one is here talking about magnifying glasses, invisible pixels, AA not having ANY effect on 4k screens, posting youtube videos of a TV show I think and doing anything in his power to prove EVERYONE else in the thread wrong while everyone laughs at them for the nonsense they are spewing and their absurd spins and backtracks when they are proven factually incorrect.   

They would love Mr Sparks at my airline, throw in a few buzzwords and he be on the management board in no time 🙂

I'll agree at least Goran admits there's an issue which there obviously is 

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, psolk said:

One person who ruins this entire forum repeatedly arguing with anyone who says anything that can even be construed as negative against his perfect XP..

no, you lot saying inside the green needs fixing and not saying a word about inside the red is the nonesense.

bCWXHKB.png

but no, you have to go further, inside the green is untolerable at 4K and you can definately make out the jagged edges inside the green circle sitting a normal distance from a 50 inch monitor...

comedy if nothing else i suppose.

AutoATC Developer

33 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

AA not great here have to say

Isn't that an horizon bug LR are aware of, rather than AA?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

32 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Isn't that an horizon bug LR are aware of, rather than AA?

oh ok thank you

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

definately

I’m sorry but I gotta pull you on this one 😁 Of all the stuff you spout, always claiming to be right. Preaching how others are wrong. And that is how you spell that word? Priceless 🤣

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

no, you lot saying inside the green needs fixing and not saying a word about inside the red is the nonesense.

bCWXHKB.png

but no, you have to go further, inside the green is untolerable at 4K and you can definately make out the jagged edges inside the green circle sitting a normal distance from a 50 inch monitor...

comedy if nothing else i suppose.

Why are you so fixated on screen shots???   It's what happens with all of those pixels, even ones that are too small to be seen individually that when you add motion creates the shimmering effect as a result of AA not being properly applied. The fact you think that "can't" happen on a 4K monitor because of pixel size was explained but as usual you are to busy arguing to comprehend.  

The only thing comical and funny is you continuing to babble on with your "nonesense."  Ironically that defines your argument to a T!  NONESENSE... As in it makes nonesense to anyone but you... 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Are there serious people that don’t think there is an issue with AA in XP? Maybe we live on different planets. 

AA has been a sore spot in XP since I bought it in the early v10 cycle. XP12 has literally made zero progress in this regard.  It’s still FXAA and MSAA.

I would understand the disagreement if this was a subjective topic. The only logical conclusion is that there are two groups of people here: those who look past the bad AA because of other strengths in sim and those who call a spaid a spaid and hope for improvement. There is bad AA regardless. 

• Like 3

Ryan