Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Will we ever see something like CBs with live weather?

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

We need a moderator in this forum who actually own MSFS ! We have P3D autocracy don't you think? LOL

Where did I mention P3D? Behave yourself.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

Guess what, it is not that practical to maintain multiple sims, is it?

Not sure why that would be the case if you have sufficient drive space etc.

I have multiple sims installed and it presents no practicality problems.

Edited by DavidP
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Where did I mention P3D? Behave yourself.

I'm sorry for inconvenient straight forwardness but  do you have MSFS installed? 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm sorry for inconvenient straight forwardness but  do you have MSFS installed? 

That’s none of your business.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I haven't seen lightning in MSFS for a long time. 

Same here, it used to look great seeing the sky light up during night flights. Shame they messed with it.

• Upvote 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

5 hours ago, Soulflight said:

I write this because i just opened up a flight with MSFS live weather where the "flight conditions" window is showing the lightning image, after loading however I find my plane standing in nice sunshine with maybe 2/10 fair weather cloud coverage....but dramatic thunder sounds audible all the time, including lightning strikes coming out of clear sky.
Now live weather is perfectly capable of giving us towering dark clouds to an exaggerated degree when its just rainy weather in northern hemispheres. But for some reason this doesnt work with the local TS cells that are very common in summer or tropical regions. Also, on airliner cruise level, I have never seen any CBs so far.

Flight-Simulator-2023-03-12-14-39-51.png

Is that ever scheduled to be fixed with asobo or will we have to wait for another 3 years until someone programs a payware tool running in the background and relying on a mandatory monthly subscription to some weather service?

What is BCs?

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s none of your business.

Of course it's not! I appreciate your honest response and remark about my behavior. 

Back to the topic. Towering cumulus is what CB look like in MSFS so far. I have not seeing lighting for a while but then given I mostly fly over local area, and in a winter we don't have many thunderstorms  around. Gotta wait till jully/august to see them daily

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I haven't seen lightning in MSFS for a long time. 

Spent some time in Tanzania recently, and there's plenty there.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

5 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

They are not restricting it, just they didn't program it in. Big difference.

Nothing to stop someone else (Navigraph for example) putting them back in.

Asobo has not provided the necessary SDK information after AAUI.  One notable aircraft developer implemented the charts in his model before AAUI but also lacks the necessary SDK information after AAUI. Call it what you want.  In my humble opinion that  is a clear restriction. Lets go with "restraint", or "constraint".

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Or let's go with "Plugin system isn't fully finished and developers are waiting for documentation" from WorkingTitle as mentioned by Navigraph:

But we are in close contact with Working Title and they will provide what we need soon. We are very eager to start working on this, and have developers ready to go, as soon as technically possible.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Then why not reinstall your previous sim whatever it was. Ask yourself if the advantages of MSFS outweigh the disadvantages. Installing your other sim allows you to enjoy the things MSFS cannot deliver.

Advantages far out weigh disadvantages. I’ve used this and P3D so I can actually make a qualified opinion on it.

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 8

Eric 

I use MSFS, P3D, XP12 and don't have a problem maintaining them all.  The weather in MSFS is comical ... just look at some of the pictures posted and I'm guess some folk think that's realistic?  Do any of you actually fly real world? 

What's wrong with some of you, can't you be objective at all? 

Seriously, you defend MSFS problems that are VERY apparent with an zealous dose of ignorance that boggles the mind ... often many revert to P3D comparisons, why what the heck does P3D have to do with MSFS issues? 

The problems are with MSFS and the forum is MSFS ... why do you name call people "pathetic" because they point out a rather glaringly obvious problems in MSFS?

No wonder nothing ever gets better in MSFS after 3 years with so many just sit there in defensive apathy.  You really think that's good for MSFS?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

Do any of you actually fly real world?

Exactly this!

Whenever I criticize the 'gamefide' weather in MSFS, with its limited cloud types (2 out of at least 16 in the real world) plus fog/haze, sudden wind/baro shifts that disconnects the AP, I get scolded here.

Many visitors of this forum do not seam to fly in real world and clearly see how poor the weather has been implemented in MSFS.

But hey, it was 'Game of the Year' after all, it must be really good and don't be so harsh!

Many things MSFS has done right in their development, the weather is NOT one of them.

I know, most of you disagree, that's ok....I will bring it up again though....

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

7 minutes ago, Silicus said:

Whenever I criticize the 'gamefide' weather in MSFS, with its limited cloud types (2 out of at least 16 in the real world) plus fog/haze, sudden wind/baro shifts that disconnects the AP, I get scolded here.

Weather is #1 when it comes to real world flights, you never ignore it ... if MSFS ever wants to graduate from "game" to "simulator" status it needs to address weather depiction.  Many here seem to hunt for FPS, I'd have no problem giving up 50% or more of my FPS for accurate weather, and historical weather (can't train without it), and an accurate weather radar ... but I guess that wouldn't work well for the XBox users.  I don't need or want another free aircraft or another free airport or another free scenery pack ... plenty of 3rd party developers able to provide that as needed.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2