Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

PMDG Update [22MAR23]

11 minutes ago, flightskyc said:

Lots of waffle, little substance.

"As always" I am inclined to say...

Sounds like the good stuff (UFT, 777, Navdata) is still months away. 

Nice update, intrigued to hear the 777 going in beta so the long haulers must be excited.

737 owners can finally get a “study level” LNAV after so many years which is awesome.

It’s great that the larger audience will be able to access PMDG on Xbox to garner more simmers to the hobby!

truly puzzling that Rob still insists JavaScript is a scripting language while c++ is an “engineering software language”, what does that even mean lol they’re both general purpose languages and in msfs can (but should you?) achieve the same things, look at WT. He keeps discounting JS and it’s capabilities to something akin to Bash or Powershell.

Edited by Lucky38i
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nixoq said:

I see. This happens sometimes even without any blown tires and it's a bug. I've seen this two or three times myself and a lot of thrust is the only solution to break out of it.

Ok now that’s a useful lead thanks.

I did brake fairly hard and with  Autobrake to max so that’s a distinct possibility. Normally I have failures off but I’ve not checked PMDG failures specifically. 

Let you know tomorrow.

Oh FFS. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, flightskyc said:

Lots of waffle, little substance.

I get that Robert hasn't done much to enhance his brand with these updates, but I would respectfully disagree. This update had a lot more content than any that I've seen in months. 

At the very least, we're getting transparency on why the tablet is so delayed. I'm still not understanding the ire from everyone over the tablet, but whatever floats your boat.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, mspencer said:

At the very least, we're getting transparency on why the tablet is so delayed.

He already gave this explanation, so it’s not particularly new.

There used to be a time when PMDG barely said anything and just dropped big things seemingly out of nowhere. People complained about the silence. Since MSFS they communicate more often, now people complain that there's no groundbreaking news every update. Kinda hard to please the FS community.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Eye-rolling aside, it's gotten to the point where I'm genuinely not sure if we'll ever see a PMDG EFB for MSFS. I'm no software engineer so I can't really judge whether their explanations/justifications make sense, but what's clear beyond any doubt is that they must be finding it incredibly difficult, bordering on impossible, to produce this tablet. For real, they must be hitting a brick wall, because this thing became an ongoing embarrassment to them a long time ago -- if it was possible for them to just get it done, even at the expense of slowing down their other ongoing projects, they would have by now. I can't imagine RSR enjoys putting on a big "kick me" sign every time he hits publish on one of these updates with basically the same "well gee, we're making steady but difficult progress on this tablet, maybe some day we'll have some screenshots to show you" message, over the course of years...

They're one of the preeminent aircraft developers for MSFS -- many, especially here at Avsim, would maintain the preeminent developer -- and it's already taken them longer to develop a tablet for their 737 than it's taken other developers to create a whole complex aircraft from scratch. I'm not even making fun of them, it's just incredible. I look forward to reading the anonymous team-member postmortem tell-all years from now. 😄

James

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 10:19 PM, Lucky38i said:

He already gave this explanation, so it’s not particularly new.

Yes, but some people seem to be having a hard time grasping the concept.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just put PMDG aside and get the Fenixsim A320 - the EFB is stunning (as is the rest of the aircraft).

I actually went to my local hardware store and bought the Thrustmaster Airbus joystick (which ist not so stunning and actually quite cheaply made and plasticky).

The usual moans about delays for the UFT despite their intention that it will a) be compatible with planes they havn't even started on yet, and b) be MUCH more than just an EFB (the clue is in the name UFT). Maybe wait until we've it got it and actually know what it can do before dismissing it? 

The constant cries of "other developers did it before breakfast" are totally meaningless until full functionality can be compared. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

1 hour ago, BillC said:

The constant cries of "other developers did it before breakfast" are totally meaningless until full functionality can be compared. 

yep just wait till the next pmdg  update  thread  same  old  cries  again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I got around 200+ flights on the PMDG 737, and for the life of me, I can't see what I am missing by not having an EFB. I have an EFB in the Fenix, but since I got the 737, the Fenix now remains in the hangar EFB and all.  😉

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Usual whatevers with the EFB but very happy to hear about the 777. Haven't flown in awhile feel like I'm not missing much. Waiting on the A330 and 777.