Sign in to follow this  
Lange_666

AI Trafic after SU12

Traffic is still borked after SU12.

AI Traffic without injector (Live Real World Traffic = OFF):

- i almost don't get traffic at all.
- Airports are filled with static aircraft (according to the slider) but nothing moves. Over an half hour at EBBR i saw 2 sets of nav lights flying low in the distance. Thought these might be on finals but no.... they vanished.
- Not a single take-off, not a single taxi.

AI Traffic with injector (FSLTL): EBBR comes to life but....
- Aircraft still spinning on the taxiway.
- Aircraft still running through one another.
- Aircraft landing to far on the runway.
- Aircraft on take-off roll sometimes stay way to long on the runway before taking off (they even pas the end of the runway).
- Aircraft still blocked on cross taxiways. Other aircraft get blocked behind them. When the aircraft that blocks everything times out, all the other start to move.
- Aircraft landing try to exit the runway at way to high speed, turn over the grass and only then slow down (standard MSFS airport, no add-on).

Real Live Traffic / Real Time Online (AI Traffic turned off) without injector: Traffic is directly visible when switching to live traffic although it's a mix with real traffic (as one can see in FR24) and other traffic which is what exactly...?
- Aircraft still use wrong runway compared to actual active runway. Ex: MSFS directs everything on RWY19, however, FR24 shows 25R is in use for take-off, 25L for landing.
- Aircraft can spawn on top of one another.
- Aircraft still running through one another.
- Aircraft landing to far on the runway.
- Aircraft still blocked on cross taxiways. Other aircraft get blocked behind them. When the aircraft that blocks everything times out, all the other start to move.
- Aircraft landing try to exit the runway at way to high speed, turn over the grass and only then slow down (standard MSFS airport, no add-on).
- Lots of go arounds still even when the runway is empty and no aircraft is trying to cross it.
- Also the opposite happens, aircraft land while there is still another on the runway.
- Aircraft way to close to each other on finals.
- With the labels turned on some aircraft have labels, some don't.
- There are aircraft labeled with names that are not on the departure/arrival list of the selected airport. Strange for real-time traffic. I just wonder where they get their data from...

Up to SU13 to see "more" improvement...

I just wonder what the reaction would be if this was a racing sim where the circuits and the cars are like the airports and planes in MSFS but where the AI race cars behave as bad as the AI traffic in MSFS.

Edited by Lange_666
  • Upvote 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

well, it can't be, after all, Asobo fixed Live Traffic hahahahahahahhahah

joke of course.... 🙂

4 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

I just wonder what the reaction would be if this was a racing sim where the circuits and the cars are like the airports and planes in MSFS but where the AI race cars behave as bad as the AI traffic in MSFS.

Well if RF2 is anything to go by it's not great, the BTCC cars rollover on the official tracks on certain corners (they are working on a fix for that) and 11+ years on I'm still waiting for the AI Slipstream issue to be sorted (again they are currently working on that....finally!).

I think like Racing AI the AI in Flight Sims isn't an easy thing to code for, there's practically millions of variables in any given situation and you throw Live Aircraft into the mix and the workload piles up. In this case it's simply that Asobo never had the knowledge in this particular area from the outset, whether they've hired someone in recent months that's perhaps made a start to AI code who knows but at least they're now actively working on it as opposed to the first 2 years of practically doing nothing.

Unlike racing sims it's very evident (to me at least) that Flight Sims are 1000x more complex, the addition of Working Title was a master-stroke and many of us thought that might be the beginning to more similar teams coming on board to help Asobo in certain areas (like AI for example), but that just hasn't happened, so we're now "stuck" waiting for update after update for things to gradually and slowly improve in lots of areas (yeah I'll mention VR here!). So all we can do is wait for the next update to see what that brings, for now though at least the AI are getting somewhere.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Meanwhile I doubt that we will ever get a "realistic" ai traffic behavior by MSFS. All ai traffic developers are still struggling with the ai engine provided by MS/Asobo.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I don't think we'll ever get realistic AI, ATC, or weather. 

That said, MSFS excels in a lot of other areas, and even without these it really is a lot of fun; Maybe a decade from now, when AI are used by devs to make games, we'll get everything we've ever wanted and more. 🤞

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

AI won't be good in MSFS until there's a third party API that allows total control of them like what we have in P3D. Full stop. Just like the camera system. 

• Like 1

check your traffic and video settings.
Around here after installing Suv12 I redid my setings

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Meh. They fixed quite a bit but with FSLTL, AI Flow and using GA traffic mod it seems pretty decent to me. If I see some planes taxing before or after their departure/arrival around me then I am happy. Then again, I would rather focus on flying in the simulation.

But I can see where some frustration would be apparent if you are plane-spotting.

• Like 3

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

Meanwhile I doubt that we will ever get a "realistic" ai traffic behavior by MSFS. All ai traffic developers are still struggling with the ai engine provided by MS/Asobo.

4 hours ago, WestAir said:

I don't think we'll ever get realistic AI, ATC, or weather. 

Saving these for later

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

If I see some planes taxing before or after their departure/arrival around me then I am happy. Then again, I would rather focus on flying in the simulation.

It all stops when the aircraft in front of me all of sudden starts to spin like a figure skater. The sim immersion is then gone...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

9 hours ago, Nemo said:

Except PSXT...

• Like 7

I agree, PSXT and RealTraffic combo is pretty darn close to realistic AI traffic! There is the odd glitch, but nothing to write home about.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

I agree that PSXT is the best solution by far and love the constant improvements that @kiek is making. Thanks a million for all your efforts!

• Like 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

5 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

It all stops when the aircraft in front of me all of sudden starts to spin like a figure skater. The sim immersion is then gone...

Just fly the planes and pretend its RyanAir or something getting lost on the taxiyway,  😅

I hear a lot of good things about PSXT it looks like there's a subscription for it?

107 USD for a year or 203 USD per year if you want historical traffic, not just live. That is pretty steep of a price.

If anything, the historical traffic would be really beneficial if you want to fly in different timezones. But 204 dollars?

I will stick to FSLTL and maybe they'll add historical traffic or something similar soon.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---