Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Su12 PG ON OR OFF?

Here I enable PG cities for a country I fly over. Others I then keep disabled .,,,

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Pg on for me. Looks better than generic buildings.  Areas I fly in PG isn't that bad.  I'm aware that some cities look like trash.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jeeeno said:

ugliest things in MSFS on par with the clouds.

Whatyearisit.jpg

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I'm a fan of PG.  For me, however, the best option is a combo of things like Samscene 3D and PG.  The great thing about the photogrammetry is that you get recognizable representations of every building, not just the iconic ones.  For cities that I know I've clearly recognized places I've been by features like signage on the side of the buildings (for example).  I assume I must be lucky enough to have an internet connection that's fast enough that I havent had to endure an excessive amount of the melted look issue that plagues others.  So I'm sure that's affecting my opinion, but with the combo approach I feel like I get the best of both worlds in that hero buildings are rendered in crisp detail that you can fly right up to, but I can still recognize everything else that is "off the beaten path" and get that deja vu feeling that this sim is so good at delivering.  If you're just 100' away from the PG buildings, to me they lose the wonkiness that you get up close and do the job of recreating the real buildings they represent.

The nice thing is that PG is a selectable option, so everyone can choose what works best for them.

Edited by VFXSimmer

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

Afaik: no. Maybe they do add a few POI's here and there but it's mainly an automated and cleverly programmed process. It's certainly not all handcrafted. But even if Google did that: this is MS and Bing. 😉

I think those are open source models that people create. If you go into the details you can even see the author of the 3-D model. 

• Like 2

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Pg on for me, I've never had a problem with it.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

PG off for me. I don't like the look of the melted buildings and monolithic looking trees. And, I DO have very fast internet speed (1Ghz fiber), so I don't think that is the main culprit. Also, solid bridge structures are all over the place when PG is on, solid dock structures like cranes etc. The night lighting is also not as good with the PG generated buildings, whereas I think the lighting looks much better with the autogen buildings. The autogen in MSFS is on a whole different level compared to previous sims, so running with PG off is not as big a difference as some would think. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I always used to have PG on. When it's good it looks amazing. However these days I normally fly airliners, and so unless its the landing or departing airport that has PG I very rarely see a city close enough to appreciate the it. In addition most of my flying is into Heathrow with the virtual airline I fly with. And it has to be said, London PG is absolutely terrible. A real melted mess and for me never seems to load properly anyway. So I recently turned it off. I am enjoying not flying over awful London PG, and also the performance boost that comes with it off.

8 minutes ago, mobiel said:

Is it only possible switching PG off by uninstalling?

No, not at all. It’s under the DATA section in the main options in sim.

There are pro's and con's.
OFF: no melted stuff, looks a lot better but some obvious stuff is missing like for example the WTC in New York. I quite don't get that because even mediocre city without PG can have added "landmarks". So i don't get why the WTC isn't there when PG is OFF.
ON: real proof of global warming in every location that has PG, WTC is there but the textures are just awful.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

9 hours ago, Jeeeno said:

One of the ugliest things in MSFS on par with the clouds

Maybe it's just me, or that I came over from FSX, but I have no issues with the default clouds in MSFS. Often times, I think they're downright gorgeous. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I heard there was a way to revert it back to pre world update Canada PG but I don’t know how. 

Delete the Canada world update from content manager should work ?

5 minutes ago, mobeans10 said:

Delete the Canada world update from content manager should work ?

Not required... only delete the PG Cities within the Canada World Update, the rest is fine and worth keeping.

• Like 1

Bert

I thought he wanted the pre update PG? I was thinking deleting the update might revert the PG as well since updated PG is part of the world update ?  You think deleting PG within the update will revert PG to the original. I get it but my head is hurting

Edited by mobeans10