Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Just Flight Pipers updates

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just reinstalled it and now my joystick lost all it's settings. 😲

Ahhh! I would have raged quite by now. 

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

25 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Ahhh! I would have raged quite by now. 

Well it acts like there is a control lock for elevator and aileron, but there is none. I restarted PC, same thing. Going to try and reinstall this pile of word not allowed, one more time, and then I am done with it. 

I reinstalled it again, same result, I'm done. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well it acts like there is a control lock for elevator and aileron, but there is none. I restarted PC, same thing. Going to try and reinstall this pile of word not allowed, one more time, and then I am done with it. 

I reinstalled it again, same result, I'm done. 

Don't blame you but oddly I did not experience the same issue minus the altitude hold issue, really. 

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Agreed re the altitude hold bug. But the trim wheel seems ok to me. My main problem is the hugely over sensitive rudder on takeoff. 

Edit. When you say one or two clicks maybe that's your problem. It is a wheel and there aren't any clicks?

In my case rudder super sensitivnes is caused by processing the rudder axes via FSUIPC. When I assign rudder axis in MSFS, taxiing is stil sensitive, but T/O is much more tame

1 hour ago, Sonosusto said:

Don't blame you but oddly I did not experience the same issue minus the altitude hold issue, really. 

Really weird. The problem I had, after reinstalling the Arrow per their tech support, was the elevator and aileron would not move. I looked in the MSFS control for my joystick, assigned to the Arrow, and the movement  on the sensitivity page was normal. I even tried switching to another controller Preset, in MSFS, and still the Arrow wouldn't see the input from my joystick. Then I uninstalled the Arrow again, re downloaded the Arrow from the JF website, installed the new download, and same result. At this point, I just uninstalled the Arrow , I am finished with it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

I want to love this aircraft but it just feels waaaay too twitchy in all respects.  No matter what settings I use, compared to all my other GA aircraft it doesnt come close.

Thomas Derbyshire

Last chapter om a truly bizarre story. After installing the latest version of the Arrow into a clean folder on my PC, and having no control over the elevator and ailerons, I uninstalled it.  I had a backup copy of the Arrow on my Macrium drive, prior to running the update yesterday. I loaded the backup copy, fired up MSFS, and everything  on the Arrow worked. I could move both elevator and ailerons normally. 

Ok, now I download a fresh copy of the update file from the JF website, run the file, start MSFS, and guess what ........(drum roll)   No elevator and Aileron control. 

What waste of time. 

spacer.png

I just tried the Warrior and the Arrow 3 and I'm not having any of the problems others have seen.  I'm just adding this because possibly there's some common cause.  I just have an old Thrustmaster T1600 and Logitech throttle quad with old CH pedals and all is fine.  Alt hold was fine (might be worth noting that I use the mouse in the cockpit, not an assigned button).  All I had to do is change the trim slider on the pop up tablet a little and she flies great.  I had run a full uninstall and reinstall. 

One thing I did notice was the non turbo Arrow wasn't showing up.  I cleaned up a bunch of old repaints and it came back.  Not sure why repaints would cause that kind of issue, but something to check. 

I have FSUIPC, but I'm not currently using it for anything joystick related right now. 

I'm just trying to help debug.  It is super frustrating when some people have issues and others don't (that seems so common in this sim). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

After some of the more positive feedback I decided to install the Turbo Arrow update, and pull the plane out of the hangar for the first time in over a year.

The ground handling really is atrocious still — the thing was flailing all over the runway on takeoff and bobbing up and down like a cartoon on final approach, then flailing again on landing.

The winds were pretty gusty so I pulled out the WBSim 172 for comparison. There was none - the Cessna felt massively more believable in the same conditions.

It’s a real shame because I love the Arrow modelling inside and out. 

For what it's worth, I tried out the non-turbo Arrow III today, doing various things for over an hour. No problems at all - took off with realistic amount of trim, changed heights with the VS and altitude holds, changed the trim sensitivity on the tablet a few times, flew it back to a trouble free-landing followed by a normal taxi in. I know the JF Arrow III rather well, being about 60% through a RTW trip in it, and I honestly haven't found any issues with this latest update - yet.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I am sitting on updating, as a policy I never install the first new update for any product I wait till the fixes come out first.

It is interesting that this "new avionics locking up the controls bug" only occurs for a few people.  i wonder if it only causes issues with certain specific hardware setups.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

I’m about to give up on this. I’ve tried tweaking a few parameters without luck. Maxing authority on control surfaces does not help. However, clearing the weather does make a small improvement. It’s ridiculously twitchy in live weather. And low speed control is so bad.  Not an enjoyable bird to fly.  Back in the hanger you go. 

• Like 2

I tried the Warrior and it fly great, no problemas.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Here what a real Arrow III owner had to say about the new patch when he flew the same flight he'd flown in real life earlier in the day.

"I replicated the same flight I did today in the Arrow for a lunch run and I am impressed! Couple of things - The new version trims out much much better than the previous one. The real Arrow, once properly trimmed for each phase of flight, can be flown pretty much with your index finger. The updated JF Arrow behaves like this! Well done! The pitch excursions I used to experience with the JF Arrow do not happen anymore. The airplane ‘feels’ correct when you pitch up/down with normal elevator movements… press the yoke forward gently, the airplane pitches down gently - not like a rollercoaster in the previous version. Likewise for back pressure. Landing is no longer a wild ride of an adventure - the real Arrow is very docile and stable on approach - again, trim works almost exactly as it does in the real airplane. If you trim it properly on approach and are at the correct airspeed - this thing almost lands itself. Just like the real one. For me, ground handling is very very much improved. I can taxi the JF Arrow at 1000 RPM without having to constantly weave back and forth to keep it on the taxilne - again, just like the real one.

Takeoffs - If you trim properly for takeoff, the JF arrow lifts off the runway with the slightest bit of back pressure at the correct airspeed - which is NOT 80 knots. If you are rotating the Arrow at 80 knots, you don’t have your takeoff trim set properly. My guess is way too much nose-down trim. In mine, with the standard load of full fuel (mine only holds 48 gals) and two people in the left/right front seat and minimal baggage… my trim at takeoff is set just aft of N. I loaded up the JF Arrow in a similar configuration, set the trim just aft of N and I only had to apply the slightest of backpressure on the yoke to get it to rotate around 60-65 knots. (Mine is in MPH lol and likes to lift around 65-70 MPH)

Climb - to those who are experiencing anemic climb rates - are you directly pitching for Vy after rotation? If so - don’t do that. Let the airplane lift off, then let the airspeed build up and then start your pitch for Vy… If you try to over-rotate or immediately pitch up after liftoff, your airspeed won’t be where it needs to be. This is actually something new Arrow pilots do and it’s dangerous. Once you have accelerated to 80 knots or so, you can start your climb and retract the gear. Then pitch for (ok mine is in MPH and I pitch for 100 mph, so probably 90 knots) in the initial climb… you should get somewhere near 900 fpm. It’s not a turboprop - you aren’t going to climb like a rocket. Trust me - on a hot day, I get irritated because the real one won’t climb over 700 fpm.  But that’s realistic. Keep the MP in and pull the prop back to 2500 (don’t listen to the people that tell you not to run these oversquare… seriously, don’t get me started.)…

Descent - I was really impressed at how the aircraft descends. Pull MP to 20" and let it descend at 500fpm. The JF Arrow is very realistic here.

Ok, I typed more than I thought I was going to, but I have to say I am very very impressed. Having just flown the real one today for 2.5 hours, recreating the same outbound leg in the JF Arrow was pretty amazing. I actually landed the JF arrow better than the real one (I had a plunker and have many excuses for it if you want to hear them)…"

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

I have tried a fresh downloaded and install version of the Arrow 3 from the JF  website. When I install the aircraft into MSFS, I have no elevator control. I have about 7 other payware aircraft, and none exhibit this issue. I see the controls moving in MSFS on the sensitivity page, for the elevator, but no response at all from the aircraft, just the ailerons move. I have completely uninstalled the Arrow three times, emptied community folder, except for the arrow, and still it is unflyable. If I install an older version of the Arrow, 0.10.3   everything works properly. As soon as I update the older version to 0.10.6, the elevators don't work anymore.  Beyond bizarre. The funny thing is I haven't flown this aircraft in over a year, but decided to give the new update a try. I should have just left it in the hangar. 😉

U submitted a ticked on this issue, and so far, no response. 

Edited by Bobsk8

spacer.png