Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

PMDG Update

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

Nothing about the tablet.  Not even a mention...😕

Edit: Correction It's mentioned at the end (of the post above from Robert)...:wacko:🙃😣

This tablet will mostly take out this year in my opinion..

Everybody knows PMDG ☺️

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

This tablet will mostly take out this year in my opinion..

They have been at it for almost a year already!

• Like 1

Dan Scott

Anyone know why PMDG hasn't added CPDLC to the FMC? I know originally they wanted to added it with Global Flight Ops but GFO is no where near completion, if it finishes at all. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

8 minutes ago, Cognita said:

They have been at it for almost a year already!

Meanwhile, @737NG_Driver continues to fly his real 737 manually entering the flight plan in the FMC for each flight. 

• Like 9

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

Meanwhile, @737NG_Driver continues to fly his real 737 manually entering the flight plan in the FMC for each flight. 

Which takes me at most 2 minutes using Simbrief. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

With the Simbrief Downloader and the FMC on my Ipad...i do not wait anymore for an EFB. Its there, when its there.

My 737 and 738 are ready to take off in maximum 10 mins.

• Like 6

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

13 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

With the Simbrief Downloader and the FMC on my Ipad...i do not wait anymore for an EFB. Its there, when its there.

My 737 and 738 are ready to take off in maximum 10 mins.

Where I miss having one is anything in the setup part of the MCDU. It would be nice to release chocks, etc from the ground tab in the EFB.

The Simbrief addon helps a lot, and I usually google the metar for the arrival airport anyway.

The tablet will arrive when it arrive ... No amount of cajoling is going to get it here any faster. 

In the mean time like many have done from the start . Properly set up the simbrief downloader and the flight plan is already sitting in the FMC route database for you to load. Apart from the take off performance calculator ( which i already have covered with a properly configured VAS airplane toolbox which is free) they can take all the time they need.

As for the chocks/pushback/fuel/payload ? Use one FMC for the navigation set up .. use the other for the ground stuff. They are independent. Cold to pushback in 10 mins like Paladin. 

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I really don't understand all the fuss about the EFB.  While it will be a nice to have, and I am looking forward to it, it really isn't a deal breaker.

Also, as for a 'big nothing-burger' update, while it isn't the biggest update, it states "It includes improvements to drawing routines, computations for drawing images on displays".  doesn't this sound like a performance improvement?  Isn't that worth having?

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Another PMDG update and the usual PMDG bashers come out of the woodwork.

it's getting boring and predictable ladies and gentlemen.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3

David Porrett

Shock reveal…..PMDG release EFB and its most amazing piece of digital plastic you have ever seen.  

Thomas Derbyshire

I, for one always appreciate any update to my aircraft and scenery. Improvements, even small, are still improvements. And the PMDG 737's are some of my most enjoyable aircraft in MSFS. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Me too. They also seem to be doing quite a few visual upgrades. The wheels and landing gears look much better then they did at release. As do quite a few other small details all over the airplane.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I really don't understand all the fuss about the EFB.  While it will be a nice to have, and I am looking forward to it, it really isn't a deal breaker.

I agree. Over the year, there has been a large group of people that like to hate on PMDG, their updates and the leader of the company. Sure, there have been delays, but as the market stands today, PMDG and it's products are still very much at the top of addon developers and they continue to produce really, really good airplanes. I welcome any kind of update on their progress and continue to look forward to when they release new features, even if it is, albeit -- a little behind schedule.

Edited by Bdub22
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

It's undeniably a good practice to inform the customer about the updates and fixies.

Regarding this update, compared to the previous ones where they list the items worked on, this particular one has nothing regarding the outstanding bugs since the first release for the MSFS.

Just to mention a few of them that are right in front of everybody's eyes. 

Clock, during nighttime brightness, can't be adjusted.

The flight director will spike left/right before or after the waypoint passage.

Autopilot is quite rough in pitch during t.o. acceleration. During turns is inconsistent in bank angel, sometimes will bank correctly, and sometimes will go at a half rate without pilot intervention.

VSD not giving correct representation during turns.

The issue that some of us have is that PMDG constantly jumps to a new product leaving the previous ones unfinished and bringing all these issues to the new ones. More Infuriating is that they say that is gonna be fixed with the new version in the works. This problem goes on for years.

This is a good reason why many of us are unhappy.
  • Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090