someone tested already about this graphics -overclocking overheating or due to a driver fault-  bug ?

Edit: Disregard

Edited by ThomseN_inc

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

They said last October after many tickets from users for help 'we are working on it '...

At least they've been working on it for the last six ... months

• Like 1

What are presently the minimum recommended NVIDIA Control panel settings for someone using Vsync in game as well as dos limit, and a 3060 Ti ?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I tried it, so far so good. 3 hours stress test

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 hours ago, iliasr said:

someone tested already about this graphics -overclocking overheating or due to a driver fault-  bug ?

Definitely a bug.  Either the driver, or MSFS, or a combination of the interaction between the two. 

Like you say, six months, and it seems like nobody has a clue, apart from Asobo appearing to blame it on Nvidia during the last Twitch video, and saying 'always use the latest Nvidia driver', then saying 'roll back' a few days later, as the newest driver at the time had another unrelated bug in it affecting MSFS (which is hopefully now fixed in the new, new driver). :blink:

Asobo now collect data on crashes, and GPU driver errors appeared to be by far the biggest issue when looking at the graph they displayed. Whether it was this GPU bug or not I don't know, as they are frustratingly vague sometimes, but it does seem to be the most widely reported bug.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Dx11? 12? VR? GPU?

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

3 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Dx11? 12? VR? GPU?

DX12, RTX4090

Tried it ...

So far didn't notice any differences... Aircraft still fly strangely in MFS ... it didn't fix the aerodynamics ... Bummer!

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is this the driver that turns a 3070 into a 4090 ?

• Like 2

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Tried it ...

So far didn't notice any differences... Aircraft still fly strangely in MFS ... it didn't fix the aerodynamics ... Bummer!

Bummer indeed, will try it tomorrow and hope that radio reception got at least better

• Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

10 minutes ago, DAD said:

Bummer indeed, will try it tomorrow and hope that radio reception got at least better

No good.  When flying my PMDG 737, I couldn't find the EFB tablet anywhere!  :sad:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

19 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I am one of those who is experiencing the "overheating /driver graphics" error message with accompanying CTD's since installing SU12 (it never happened before that), and have tried several different Nvidia drivers, old and new, with no difference -- the CTD occurs regardless. For some reason it happens much faster when I fly the Pipestrel Virus, so I have been using that plane to test different drivers. With the 531.68 driver  installed, I can report that this plane now flies for upwards of 20 minutes before triggering the error message -- much better than with other drivers (ca. 2-3 minutes at best). It's progress, and that is welcome. But I am more convinced than ever that it will take Asobo to finally resolve this issue, since many of us never even saw this error until SU12.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, cobalt said:

I am one of those who is experiencing the "overheating /driver graphics" error message with accompanying CTD's since installing SU12 (it never happened before that), and have tried several different Nvidia drivers, old and new, with no difference -- the CTD occurs regardless. For some reason it happens much faster when I fly the Pipestrel Virus, so I have been using that plane to test different drivers. With the 531.68 driver  installed, I can report that this plane now flies for upwards of 20 minutes before triggering the error message -- much better than with other drivers (ca. 2-3 minutes at best). It's progress, and that is welcome. But I am more convinced than ever that it will take Asobo to finally resolve this issue, since many of us never even saw this error until SU12.

I saw this error before but only once in while. I didn't have any problem right after SU12. However,  after installing new Nvidia drivers I started to have CTD with those overheating error. I rolled back to the old video driver and problem was gone. Yesterday I installed new drivers and so far it's ok. If I get CTD with overheating problem I just roll back again like before. As I pointed above I'm using DX12, RTX4090 on Ultra settings