Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Black Square Announces the B60 Duke!

Our wonderful friends over at Black Square has just announced the B60 Duke during their interview with Just Flight! It just keeps getting better and better with these guys!

Scroll down to the announcement at the end of the interview for PHOTOS:

https://www.justflight.com/articles/interview-with-nick-cyganski-black-square-simulations?fbclid=IwAR2TDtcO61CPl_mHViaIDlDds3k6zxRjYAPgaDPWADjVIqd35qrLAaoUpzI

• Like 19
  • Upvote 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

I'm super excited! The 'last' good Duke we've ever had for the sim was by RealAir back in P3D v4! So this is some fantastic news!

• Like 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

Cue cries of 'We want the turbine Duke'.

Straight from the interview

"Both the original reciprocating-engine Duke and the Turbine Duke conversion will be offered"

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Jay

| PPL ASEL |

Man, I remember flying the RealAir Duke for hours and hours in FSX. It was one of the best planes ever made for flight simulation along with their Lancair. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this bird in MSFS. Great news!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Wow. Great news indeed! 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

13 minutes ago, Mets737 said:

Straight from the interview

"Both the original reciprocating-engine Duke and the Turbine Duke conversion will be offered"

Well spotted. You've saved a lot of internet space. 😁

• Like 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Whoa, an aircraft that I never thought we would see in FS again. I think I flew the turbine Duke in P3D more than any other aircraft in my hanger. Awesome news.

• Like 2

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

Wait what???

I m so hyped now for that plane!!!! 
Big thank you to Black Square!!!!

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

Day one purchase and that's it!

• Like 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I'll begin flying the real thing very soon so I hope they do a good job

David Porrett

Oh my gosh! YES!!!  Royal Turbine and Piston!  Come to papa haha!

When I worked in duluth we once had a Duke convention....  I took a million photos.  I loved the Realair version and can't wait to own this one!

52830610855_d785f690d2_b.jpg20130914_IMG_3970 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52829638752_df3216603e_b.jpg20130914_IMG_4029 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It will be awesome to have some nice renditions of both Dukes in MSFS, that is for sure. I too flew the both of them a ton in FSX and P3D.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I'll expose my ignorance of the FSX/early P3d era here by asking what made the Duke/Royal Turbine Duke so special to people using those sims ?